rayban

Random Alerts!

413 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, rayban said:

boysintheband760x300-pagespeed-ic-bkdeza

Tuc Watkins, the one on the far right, is known for his role as David Buchanan on the hit soap One Life to Live.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rayban said:

"The Boys In The Band" is going strong at The Biltmore Theater in New York City -

however, Jim Parsons had an accident onstage at the Saturday matinee - 

so, right now, we can only hope that the production will not be cancelled -

boysintheband760x300-pagespeed-ic-bkdeza

Wow,  what a line-up of fine actors.   I wonder where Parsons finds the time to do this play since I assume Big Bang is filmed on the west coast. 

• Like 1

"The Big Bang Theory" has probably wrapped up for the season.

I've been hearing this radio spot for Ram trucks in which a guy with a very sexy growly voice talks about how his bud is always bringing too much gear on their trips- the music in the background sounds to me like the theme from"Brokeback Moutain" ?! Talk about audio subliminal seduction- I might be hallucinating but the add plays constantly on 1010 Wins if any of you macho truck driving men are interested...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jaragon said:

I've been hearing this radio spot for Ram trucks in which a guy with a very sexy growly voice talks about how his bud is always bringing too much gear on their trips- the music in the background sounds to me like the theme from"Brokeback Moutain" ?! Talk about audio subliminal seduction- I might be hallucinating but the add plays constantly on 1010 Wins if any of you macho truck driving men are interested...?

I wonder if any of the gear are "toys".

"Growly"-voiced guys probably make good money doing voice-overs for truck companies. The absolute worst is Duluth Trading Company, with the growly-to-the-max guy selling "ball room" jeans and the underwear that supposedly doesn't act like a meat grinder. I used to order from them, but I won't now on principle. The manly man act is way too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to Joan Crawford, speaking from the vantage point of her heyday in Hollywood, bisexuality was the norm in Hollywood - if you weren't bisexual, you were gay and if you weren't gay, you were bisexual.

George_Nader_Joan_Crawford_1954.JPG

Joan Crawford and George Nader - reportedly, "a gay man" who couldn't resist her overtures.

Ray,

Where does the Joan Crawford quote originate? Was it in a book or article you read? Just curious...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rayban said:

In a new biography of James Dean, "Tomorrow Never Comes".

Okay, thanks. So obviously Dean is presented as bisexual in the book? Or as gay?

But Joan Crawford was too busy with George Nader to test her theory out on him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Okay, thanks. So obviously Dean is presented as bisexual in the book? Or as gay?

Well, now, I've only just started to read it.

He's a struggling actor who can't get any work.

So, he becomes - a gay party boy.

On the street and at private events.

He's just met Rogers Brackett, a well-placed and gay industry executive, who has landed him four acting gigs on a popular radio show.

1 minute ago, rayban said:

Well, now, I've only just started to read it.

He's a struggling actor who can't get any work.

So, he becomes - a gay party boy.

On the street and at private events.

He's just met Rogers Brackett, a well-placed and gay industry executive, who has landed him four acting gigs on a popular radio show.

Is this supposed to fictionalized? Or is it based on interviews and "true" accounts?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Is this supposed to fictionalized? Or is it based on interviews and "true" accounts?

It is one of Darwin Porter's concoctions - assisted by Danforth Prince.

In other words, it is based on fact that is fictionalized.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rayban said:

It is one of Darwin Porter's concoctions - assisted by Danforth Prince.

In other words, it is based on fact that is fictionalized.

Porters does not write bios he writes fan fiction

• Haha 1

I never heard of this movie which look like "Soccer Players meet Lord of the Flies" or just an excuse to show young men in shorts...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaragon said:

I never heard of this movie which look like "Soccer Players meet Lord of the Flies" or just an excuse to show young men in shorts...

I love that there is one token girl survivor so we know these guys are straight

• Thanks 1

I went to see "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" which was better than I expected for a light musical whose target audience are women and gay men.  I mean this film can not be any gayer with its bright color scheme, Abba songs, some fine young male eye candy and the eternal Cher.  But curiously even when it goes out of it's way to be inclusive there is a big production number in which we glimpse same sex couples dancing as part of the chorus there is still not a actual gay story line.  In the first movie one of the three potential fathers was revealed as gay- he is back in this one but he is given no love interest.

• Like 1

He did three covering The Golden Girls that were quite enlightening.

• Like 3