rayban

Random Alerts!

409 posts in this topic

I can think of a couple of other challenges I would like to see Mr Krasinski tackle...

• Thanks 1

James Wilby is currently appearing in a small role in the third season of "Poldark" on PBS.

For me, he is "frozen in time" in the film, "Maurice", which I have seen repeatedly.

So, it is quite a shock to see that he has aged so much.

Of course, some actors age better than others.

Still, James Wilby is no longer my beloved "Maurice".

• Like 1

And  who will play Rock?

Rock Hudson Biopic in the Works From Director Greg Berlanti ...

1 day ago - Greg Berlanti to Direct Rock Hudson Biopic for Universal (Exclusive) ... it into a film to be directed by Greg Berlanti, the prolific showrunner and ...
Missing: prouuced ‎| ‎Must include: ‎prouuced
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, it was based on Phyllis Gates' book. Thomas Ian Griffith played Hudson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Hudson_(film)

thomas-ian-griffith-acec2a8a-c65c-4504-a

Yes, the 1990 tv biopic,"The Rock Hudson Story", was based on Phyllis Gates' memoir, "My Husband, Rock Hudson" and the court records of the Marc Christian scandal.

Thomas Ian Griffith did play Rock Hudson and William R. Moses played Marc Christian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayban said:

thomas-ian-griffith-acec2a8a-c65c-4504-a

Yes, the 1990 tv biopic,"The Rock Hudson Story", was based on Phyllis Gates' memoir, "My Husband, Rock Hudson" and the court records of the Marc Christian scandal.

Thomas Ian Griffith did play Rock Hudson and William R. Moses played Marc Christian.

The new movie might be better- but who will they get for Rock?

• Like 1

I finally got to see Orson Welle's "The Other Side of the Wind" on Netflix.  This is the legendary final project Welles was not able to complete before his death- it's an interesting mess and proves that some films are better when you hear about them that when you actually see them.  The excellent documentary "They'll Love Me When I'm Dead" about the making of the movie is better.   Now about the gay angle- "The Other Side of the Wind" is about an old Hollywood director Jake Hannaford ( John Huston ) the Ernerst Hemmingway of the cinema who is trying to finish a film called "The Other Side of the Wind".  In the scenes we see of the movie -Oja Kodar is stalked by an beautiful young man Robert Random.  There is plenty of nudity.  There is a lot of talk- and if the problem I had with the film is that there is too much talking specially from Peter Bogdonavich- about what the film within the film means. There is also rumors about Jake's relationship with the young actor who walked off the picture.  Is Hannaford a closet case? Or does he just like to shoot beautiful naked people? 

• Haha 1