rayban

Random Alerts!

442 posts in this topic

It's over now - I was lucky enough to get two of the few remaining seats - but Martin Sherman's "Gently Down The Stream" with Harvey Fierstein, Gabriel Ebert and Christopher Sears was one of the great theatrical events of this past theater season here in New York City -

Sorry I missed it. I met Gabriel Ebert once -- lovely, talented actor, who also plays the ukelele.  Saw him in Brief Encounter, 4000 Miles, and Casa Valentina. Here he is in Casa Valentina:

eber.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry I missed it. I met Gabriel Ebert once -- lovely, talented actor, who also plays the ukelele.  Saw him in Brief Encounter, 4000 Miles, and Casa Valentina. Here he is in Casa Valentina:

eber.jpg

I only saw Gabriel Ebert in "Gently Down The Stream".  He's a very magnetic presence on stage.

In the play, he falls in love with Harvey Fierstein, a much older man.

Then, he falls in love with Christopher Sears, who's younger than Gabriel Ebert's character is.

Luckily, I ran across Harvey Fierstein in the lobby of the Public Theater.

He's a very friendly person.

He even shook my hand.

I asked him how he found the play.

He told me that Martin Sherman sent the play to him.

I am hoping that this play will be available on DVD.

• Like 3

I only saw Gabriel Ebert in "Gently Down The Stream".  He's a very magnetic presence on stage.

In the play, he falls in love with Harvey Fierstein, a much older man.

Then, he falls in love with Christopher Sears, who's younger than Gabriel Ebert's character is.

Luckily, I ran across Harvey Fierstein in the lobby of the Public Theater.

He's a very friendly person.

He even shook my hand.

I asked him how he found the play.

He told me that Martin Sherman sent the play to him.

I am hoping that this play will be available on DVD.

I wonder if Gently Down the Stream will get to London, which is where I saw a few of Martin Sherman's plays: Bent, When She Danced, and A Madhouse in Goa. Bent starred Ian McKellen and Tom Bell; the other two plays starred Vanessa Redgrave, but for me the real star of A Madhouse in Goa was a brilliant Rupert Graves. 

Britain's National Theatre will be doing a reading of Bent as part of their Q ueer Theatre series, which includes many interesting readings (including a play by Mae West) and a full production of Angels in America.

https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/queer-theatre

https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/angels-in-america

• Like 1

You can't say enough about Rupert Graves.

I just bought a DVD of his readings of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Of course, you know that most of them were written to a beautiful red-headed young man of royal birth.

Henry Wriothesley, the third Earl of Southhampton.

HenryWriothesley_1594.jpg

• Like 2

You can't say enough about Rupert Graves.

I just bought a DVD of his readings of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Of course, you know that most of them were written to a beautiful red-headed young man of royal birth.

Henry Wriothesley, the third Earl of Southhampton.

HenryWriothesley_1594.jpg

They knew how to dress in those days ;)

• Like 1

"Fair Haven" (2016) I just saw this on show time is a well made gay theme drama about James ( Michael Grant) who comes back to his farm town after undergoing a gay-conversion therapy.  Tom Wopat plays his conservative father.  Grant who looks like a young Tom Cruise and Josh Green make a cute couple.  

• Like 1

"Fair Haven" (2016) I just saw this on show time is a well made gay theme drama about James ( Michael Grant) who comes back to his farm town after undergoing a gay-conversion therapy.  Tom Wopat plays his conservative father.  Grant who looks like a young Tom Cruise and Josh Green make a cute couple.  

I watched this trailer. Then it was followed by another for a recent film featuring James Franco called I Am Michael. What tickles me is that both movies have shots of hands at piano keys. Is that the new gay stereotype trending in indy films? You must be piano literate in order to be a struggling gay man?

• Like 1

I watched this trailer. Then it was followed by another for a recent film featuring James Franco called I Am Michael. What tickles me is that both movies have shots of hands at piano keys. Is that the new gay stereotype trending in indy films? You must be piano literate in order to be a struggling gay man?

Maybe- Michael Grant actually plays the piano on screen- and he is very good.  I avoided "I Am Michael" based on a true story about a man who went from gay to straight (?!)   "Fair Haven"is like a gay movie for the Hallmark channel

• Like 1

It is just a silly thing I noticed in two back to back film trailers. Probably mere coincidence.

• Like 1

"Broadway Bares" celebrated its' 27th anniversary this Sunday with a brand-new edition - "Strip U".

The event, always a joy, raised $1,568,114 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights/Aids.

Below is a dazzling pic of one of the TEN PRODUCTION NUMBERS.

Bares2017home.jpg

• Like 1

Producer/director Ryan Murphy, who has achieved enormous success on television, is bringing Mart Crowley's classic play, "The Boys In The Band", to Broadway.

An all-star cast is under consideration.

Will Matt Bomer and Zachary Quinto and Jim Parsons be among them?

How about Finn Wittrock, too?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Producer/director Ryan Murphy, who has achieved enormous success on television, is bringing Mart Crowley's classic play, "The Boys In The Band", to Broadway.

An all-star cast is under consideration.

Will Matt Bomer and Zachary Quinto and Jim Parsons be among them?

How about Finn Wittrock, too?

maxresdefault.jpg

Add Russell Tovey to the mix

• Like 1

George Michael, one of the world's greatest musical talents, will be receiving the Elizabeth Taylor Humanitarian Award at the 27th Annual Project Angel Food Gala on August 19th in Los Angeles.

Project Angel Food is an organization that encourages and supports sick people who are battling a critical illness.

Mr. Michael, who will, of course, be receiving the award posthumously, began to support the organization in 1993.

aboutfaith.jpg

• Like 1

2ljgtw9.jpg

Mr. Raspado will serve as the ambassador for the global LGTB community and, of course, he will definitely focus on HIV advocacy. 

• Like 1

2ljgtw9.jpg

Mr. Raspado will serve as the ambassador for the global LGTB community and, of course, he will definitely focus on HIV advocacy. 

And his costume would be perfect for "The Gay Adventures of Simbad"

• Like 1

Is this new production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in London- Jack O'connel as Brick spends a lot  time taking showers on stage both dressed and naked

• Like 1

There's a petition going on demanding that Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman be made bisexual in the new DC superhero films. She is canonically bisexual in the comics so they figure it's only right to show it on the big screen as well. If they do go along with this, Wonder Woman would be the first openly bisexual superhero in film. How awesome would that be?

• Like 2

There's a petition going on demanding that Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman be made bisexual in the new DC superhero films. She is canonically bisexual in the comics so they figure it's only right to show it on the big screen as well. If they do go along with this, Wonder Woman would be the first openly bisexual superhero in film. How awesome would that be?

I think they already hinted at that a little bit in the first one. I watched it earlier this week, and during the boat ride from WW's home on Themyscira to London, she has that conversation with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) about sex, and she talks about reading those sex manuals and that male "parts" aren't necessary for physical pleasure, which implies that she's tried some things, at least, with her fellow Amazons.

In related superhero news, openly gay actor Russell Tovey has been cast as the openly gay DC comics superhero The Ray for a number of crossover episodes of the CW shows The FlashArrowSupergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.

russell_tovey_quantico.jpg

Ray1992series3.jpg

• Like 1

I think they already hinted at that a little bit in the first one. I watched it earlier this week, and during the boat ride from WW's home on Themyscira to London, she has that conversation with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) about sex, and she talks about reading those sex manuals and that male "parts" aren't necessary for physical pleasure, which implies that she's tried some things, at least, with her fellow Amazons.

In related superhero news, openly gay actor Russell Tovey has been cast as the openly gay DC comics superhero The Ray for a number of crossover episodes of the CW shows The FlashArrowSupergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.

Ray1992series3.jpg

Russell Tovey will do justice to The Ray.

• Like 1

Yes, on "Days of Our Lives", its' most noteworthy gay character, Will Horton, is back from the dead.

Before he became a victim of The Necktie Killer, Will had quite a substantial storyline and married Sonny Kiriakis in an unforgettable four-day wedding ceremony.

Now, Sonny will be marrying Paul, the man he loved before he married Will.

How will Will disrupt the festivities?

Or will he think better of it and let Sonny marry Paul?

A LOVE LIKE NO OTHER -

(Will Horton was played by both Chandler Massey (bottom) and Guy Wilson (below) -

tumblr_n3ir74ajIr1rkmofxo7_400-149427456

days-will-sonny-kiss.jpg?auto=compress&f

• Like 2

Ray1992series3.jpg

Any excuse to see Mr Tovey shirtless is fine with me

• Like 1

Today, on "Days Of Our Lives", Sonny told Paul that, although he (Sonny) had loved Will and had even married him, he (Paul) was the first man that he had ever loved and Sonny was definitely going to marry him -

sonny-will-paul-days-of-our-lives.jpeg