Sign in to follow this  
redheadedwoman

Hollywood silent film series

3 posts in this topic

I have an aging copy of this wonderful series about Silent Films called Hollywood, A Celebration of the American silent film. Unfortunately a former roommate mistakenly taped over a few of the episodes(my copy was not the original).

Does anyone know where I might find it? I know I'm probably dreaming, right?Everytime I watch an episode I think of the few episodes that were taped over and wish I still had them.

Anyone else love this series as much as I do?

They are still available through Amazon.com. Type in the full title and you should be able to find the individual titles you are looking for. If they are not available at the moment just keep checking back. I believe you may still be able to find new as well as good used copies. It was also available on Laser Disc. Another source is eBay. Just be careful it is not a pirated copy. The picture and sound quality won't be as good.

Roy

readheadedwoman,

Happy New Year! I can help you. I have the entire 13 part series of this documentary, with a bonus feature, on DVD-R, from Laserdisc. It is much better quality than plain old VHS would be anyway.

Thames HOLLYWOOD was scheduled to be released on official DVD in the United Kingdom last year. Unfortunately, this was post-poned a couple of times, and has since been canceled all together for the foreseeable future! Direct transfer from Laser-disc is about the best you can do, until a commercial DVD finally surfaces.