Sign in to follow this  
drednm

BURIED TREASURE (1921)

5 posts in this topic

Here's a glimpse of Marion Davies from my copy of this incomplete film. A story of reincarnation and possession with Davies playing modern-day Pauline and her former self Lucia.

BT4_zps4nwsr4ct.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a glimpse of Marion Davies from my copy of this incomplete film. A story of reincarnation and possession with Davies playing modern-day Pauline and her former self Lucia.

BT4_zps4nwsr4ct.jpg

Marion Davies looks stunning in that picture. That movie sounds intriguing, I read online that Norman Kerry is also in it, I'd like to see it sometime.

Marion Davies looks stunning in that picture. That movie sounds intriguing, I read online that Norman Kerry is also in it, I'd like to see it sometime.

Yes Norman Kerry is in it. He was also in Getting Mary Married (1919) with Davies.

• Like 1

Yes Norman Kerry is in it. He was also in Getting Mary Married (1919) with Davies.

Did you enjoy the movie even though there was a reel missing? I've seen some silents that I really loved even though they were missing a lot of film, but I've also seen a few that were not so good because there was too much missing. What did you think of this film?

Did you enjoy the movie even though there was a reel missing? I've seen some silents that I really loved even though they were missing a lot of film, but I've also seen a few that were not so good because there was too much missing. What did you think of this film?

I always like Marion Davies films. I think she's hugely underrated even by film buffs. I sold The Bride's Play to TCM so that should air in the next few months. Gorgeous films with Davies in two roles. Hopeful that they'll air my Enchantment project again. Yolanda is stunning even with French/German intertitles. I'm hoping to "reconstruct" the missing reel from Buried Treasure from the short story I found. I'll have to research the original film ending as well.

• Like 5