Sign in to follow this  
lhowe

honolulu moon

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the movie, and especially the singer, who sang a song i thought was "Honolulu Moon?"  She's in a nightclub in Hawaii.  I only got to see part of the song and had to go.  It was really beautiful, a little romantically haunting.  I've googled and youtubed to no avail. It played on TCM not too long ago (summer)?

Does anyone know the movie, and especially the singer, who sang a song i thought was "Honolulu Moon?"  She's in a nightclub in Hawaii.  I only got to see part of the song and had to go.  It was really beautiful, a little romantically haunting.  I've googled and youtubed to no avail. It played on TCM not too long ago (summer)?

If you remember who might have sung it, you can look up their soundtrack credits on the IMDb.

Ihowe, I know the song "Honolulu Moon", but did not realize that it is from a movie.  You're right---it's a lovely song, and I hope you can come up with the information you need.

Terrence.

I can't find any instance of Honolulu Moon listed on all of IMDB (never say never though).  However since you think you might have seen it this Summer, I opened my project, searched the IMDB DB for all the films filmed in Hawaii and then for those shown on TCM, and came up with just under ten movies in that time frame, with Song of the Islands (1942) looking at least like a likely suspect.  Or not.  :-\

• Like 1

On 9/24/2016 at 11:25 AM, lhowe said:

Could you be thinking of Marlene Dietrich in Seven Sinners? Just a guess.

This it (don't give up too soon, the guy doesn't star singing until 1:30)?: