CynthiaV

A Place To Tell Dr. Edwards Thanks (and any one else you'd like to thank)

59 posts in this topic

I'd like to take this space to thank all of you envolved in one more exciting online course about some of the best works Hollywood has ever done. Last year we were all amazed by film noir, and this summer slapstick made us laugh and - most importantly - LEARN a lot.

Thanks to TCM, Canvas, Ball State University and, of course, Prof. Richard Edwards. Your commitment with us was a great value as always, and the modules couldn't be clearer and easier to use.

Hope to see you again next year!

• Like 4

Thanks to Dr. Edwards, Dr. Gehring, Vince Cellini, Greg Proops, and everyone at TCM, Ball State, and Canvas. Hope I'm not forgetting anybody. I really enjoyed the course and am looking forward to more. I look forward to looking back over the course and catching up on the readings I missed. Just wish I was a college student again instead of working full time so I could have spent more time on the class!

Martha

• Like 3

Thank you for a great experience -- my first on-line course and it was great fun.  And thank you for a last minute reprieve on the course ending deadline, I'm glad I got to officially finish it.

• Like 2

Dear Dr.Edwards,

I would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to learn the course on Slapstick comedy. It was a real treat for everyone. Most of all, I was glad to learn about the great comedians of Silent Film Era. It is through this course that I came to know more about comedy film makers Mack Sennett and Hal Roach. I really enjoyed watching all the video lectures including the videos by Dr. Wes Gehring , Daily doses of Doozies and The Breakdown of Gags. TCM is my favorite classic movie channel. 

"A Big Thank You"

Yours faithfully,

Rejana

• Like 2

I just saw Beach Blanket Bingo again. They did a wonderful spoof of silent film slapstick with a face-paced chase with cars and motorcycles to save a kidnapped girl. She was going to be sawed in half by the villain. Buster Keaton was in it and had not lost his touch.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say thanks again for another great course !  I completed the Film Noir course and was very impressed by the content and format.  The Slapstick course was equally good and I learned a lot of things that I didn't know much about.  

I am looking forward to future on-line courses on different genres as they become available.  Thanks to Dr. Edwards, Ball  State, Canvas and TCM for another successful film experience.  

CinecrazyDC

• Like 2

Yes, thank you Dr. Edwards...I'm sure I'm getting smarter ...I'm seeing all sorts of things I had never before noticed in the Hitchcock movies & the early ones I had not remembered to watch. I'm having great fun  with this class.

• Like 2

I also want to thank all of the members for all their contributions. I’ve learn so much from all of you, too. Oh yes love your jpegs and videos.

• Like 1

I would like to add my thanks to Professors EDWARDS & GEHRIG for a very informative and enjoyable experience! TCM, you have created a fun summer course for people who love movies. I was not aware of what a genius Hitchcock truly was until I started this course. Watching his silent movies was a fabulous introduction to Alfred Hitchcock, the filmmaker. I knew very little about his personal or professional life, but I take away a greater appreciation for this man and his entire body of work! I loved watching the Hitchcock films! Wednesday and Friday's were great nights . I have enjoyed earning my badges! THANK YOU to everyone connected wth the Canvas Course!