Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

SF & Fantasy Trivia

511 posts in this topic

OK, I'll take a stab at it:

"The Time Machine" (1960) but I don't think Whit Bissell was Australian.  So how about Rod Taylor?

And then in 2002 with Guy Pearce.

LOL...Whit Bissell mania!

Yes, The Time Machine is correct.

Your thread, DJ!

Right on the money, Lawrence!!

I always liked the look of that robot.

You have control of the board!

What movie features a deported mafia boss forcing a Nazi scientist to create mind-controlled "zombies" to exact his revenge?

• Like 1

Madmen of Mandoras?

Nice guess, but no. This film is from the mid-50's, and has a typical 50's Sci-Fi title. Think of buzzwords of the 50's.

Creature from the Atomic Sea?

Really, really close. The first word is right, and part of a later word is correct.

Is Creature from the Atomic Sea a real movie?!?

Lawrence--I'm not sure.  I thought of mid 50's common words in titles, and Creature (like Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Atomic were the first two words i thought of--the rest Sounded right.

So, let me try this: second word's not from..... no ic.....zombies want brains.....Brain

Creature With An Atom Brain?

Creature With An Atom Brain?

Creature with the Atom Brain (1955) is correct!

Your thread!

4_creature-with-the-atom-brain-insert-19

This sci-fi film is a crazed mix of film noir, aliens from outer space who brainwash vulnerable Americans so the aliens can take over the world, and atomic testing.  Name the film, director, and two of the leads.

DJBeacon--You're right.  I had forgotten about the atomic rays in the plot.  I'll be more specific and restate the question later.

Your Thread, DJBeacon. :)

Thanks.

This Sci-Fi film about computers starred Hans Gudegast.  Better known under another name.

This big-budget 2000's SF blockbuster with a "The _______" title was successfully sued by the makers of a low budget 1970's SF film due to the similarities in their storylines.

Name the 2000's film as well as the earlier 1970's film.

Hint: The newer film was made by one of the most maligned (yet very successful) directors in Hollywood.

Hint: The main science fiction element of these 2 films is something that mankind actually accomplished in real life in the 1990's, to much fanfare, although not in the way it is depicted in these films. The scientific process was promptly banned in most parts of the world.

"The Island" (2005) was sued by "The Clonus Horror" (1975) director Robert S. Fiveson for story similarities.

This SF / monster movie was a sequel and starts with a missing pick-up truck full of groceries being reported to Mexican police with the phrase, "Get the picture," repeated many times.

Name the film and the director, producer, writer, special and visual effects person.

War of the Colossal Beast (1958), Bert (B.I.G.) I. Gordon wrote, produced, and directed the film, as well as doing the special effects!

This epic silent film, the granddaddy of all fantasy epics, was based on European folk tales. It was also released in two parts due to its tremendous length.

Name the overall title, as well as the title of each of the two parts.