Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

SF & Fantasy Trivia

511 posts in this topic

The creatures in this unintentionally funny sci-fi movie resemble a cross between weeds, spinach leaves, and trees. It was filmed in ten days by what sounds like a West Coast gasoline company.  Name the film and three of the stars.

Lawrence--You're correct!

If you haven't seen Navy vs. the Night Monsters (1966), search it out!  It is one of those "so bad it's good" movies--well worth searching out!  Billy Gray (Bud in "Father Knows Best") and Bobby Van are also in the film.

Your Thread, Lawrence. :)

• Like 1

This is another plant-based SF/horror film, equally cheesy, and from the same decade. This one involves a scientist creating a blood-drinking plant creature through scientific experimentation.

Name at least two of the four titles the film is known under, as well as the star, a longtime tough guy veteran of film and television.

"Matango, Fungus of Terror"

"Attack of the Mushroom People" (1962)

Starring Kenji Sohara (sp?)

I don't know the films' other two titles, but now I have a craving for Pizza Hut, LOL.

Attack of the Mushroom People is an excellent guess, and an enjoyably crazy movie, too.

But it's not the one I'm looking for. This film, while made in Europe, was dubbed into English, and starred an American actor.

• Like 1

Attack of the Mushroom People is an excellent guess, and an enjoyably crazy movie, too.

But it's not the one I'm looking for. This film, while made in Europe, was dubbed into English, and starred an American actor.

Island of the Doomed- Cameron Mitchell ??

Island of the Doomed- Cameron Mitchell ??

Correct, also known as Maneater of Hydra, The Blood Suckers, and La Isla de la Muerte.

Your thread!

This 1950's sci-fi film was the 2nd version. There were 3, one before this version and one after and all with different titles. This version is the most well known. The brother of the author of the novel that they are based on was a very famous film director ( not this film). A tank is used as a prop in the film and serves an important function. Film, author and extra for the other 2 versions of the story ????

Donovan's Brain (1953) based on the novel by Curt (brother of Robert) Siodmak.

Other versions were 1944's The Lady and the Monster and 1962's The Brain.

This sequel to an early SF classic took a decidedly different tone, trading the horror overtones of the previous films in for humor and wartime espionage. Name the film and a few of its stars.

This sci-fi movie mixes an crashed spacecraft and has a pack of cats saving the world.  Film is live action, no animation.  Please name the movie and two of the stars.  Film has at least three different titles; any of them are correct.

I almost listed The Crawling Hand yesterday, but it's been so long since I saw it, I wasn't sure if the plot points matched up.

It's also known as Don't Cry Wolf, The Creeping Hand and Tomorrrow You Die. Peter Breck was the TV western star, with Allison Hayes of "50 Foot Woman" fame. Kent Taylor, Alan Hale Jr., Tristram Coffin, Richard Arlen...there were a lot of familiar faces in that one.