Sign in to follow this  
Joe69

NEXT YEAR!

10 posts in this topic

Votes on what next year's class should be on (if this happens again next year[please let it happen again next year!]).

• Like 2

I would like something on precode Hollywood or the horror genre with hammer being more than a footnote.

• Like 1

I vote for theatrical cartoons including (especially?) the shorts that preceded features. And, in the meantime, loved the noir & slapstick classes! ????????

• Like 2

Next year: westerns. For some reason I refused to watch westerns growing up. And now here in my older age… 50s… I've discovered westerns. They're pretty freaking good. Of course you've got the spaghetti. The bees. More historical facts. I mean there could be a genre in the genre. I love these courses! I learned a lot, and it's a lot of fun. Thank you again.

• Like 1

Musicals, Hitchcock, the Melodrama, historical/autobiographical films, coming of age/family films, moral conflict/compass films, the war and home front films, the detective/mystery films. Peter Weir films. 

• Like 1

Next year: westerns. For some reason I refused to watch westerns growing up. And now here in my older age… 50s… I've discovered westerns. They're pretty freaking good. Of course you've got the spaghetti. The bees. More historical facts. I mean there could be a genre in the genre. I love these courses! I learned a lot, and it's a lot of fun. Thank you again.

Westerns would be great! I became a big fan later in life, too. Matinee cowboys, the side kicks, scenery, good topic.

• Like 1

I would like Silent films as a first choice and as a second, Imported Films.  I hope to see another class tied to TCM no matter what the next topic is.  Thank you.

• Like 2

I vote for theatrical cartoons including (especially?) the shorts that preceded features. And, in the meantime, loved the noir & slapstick classes!

I am all for that!

• Like 1

Courses covering the following genres would be great:

Westerns, Musicals, Detectives/Mysteries, Theatrical Cartoons & Short Subjects, Gangsters/Prison.

Other possibilities:  Focus on directors such as Hitchcock, Ford, Capra and Hawks.

Focus on decades such as 1930's or 1930's & 1940's.

Focus on studios, either individually or in comparison.

Focus on eras such as silent, pre-code or pre-WW2/post-WW2 

• Like 1