Sign in to follow this  
sharon12

Movie of Ginger Rogers life

4 posts in this topic

Would like to suggest a movie be made of Ginger Rogers life one of the best and most multi-talented actress of all time. I have a suggestion of the person to portray Ginger Rogers life. Catherine Zeta Jones would be an excellent actress of choice to be Ginger Rogers as she also is multi-talented and would really be a great tirbute to the life of Ginger Rogers. Would be nice if this could get to Mr. Osborne. Allan

Nicole Kidman would likely be a Producers first choice. I wonder how many if today's regular movie goers even known who Ginger was .

I wonder which aspect of her life would most interest you. Would the proposed movie be of her entire life? Her first decade in movies with Astaire and Berkeley? The war years and into the 1950's, which could bring in her anti-communist and right wing political philosophies? Or the aging movie queen who finds herself in a foreign world of hippies, Viet Nam and Watergate?

That sounds like a great idea! I haven't heard of any film productions in the works, but I do know of two stage productions:

One is in Florida and will open in February.

The other one has been around for a few years, playing various places as staged readings. They are still looking for the required $$ to put on a proper Broadway show. No big names in either production.

As far as I know, they both deal with Ginger' early years up to about 1940.