Sign in to follow this  
sallywinddancer

bumper music

5 posts in this topic

I would love to know the name of the music that plays when they are opening the book and the Eiffel tower pops up ...then King Kong...etc etc..I love that music. Does anyone have an answer?

I suspect it's music that was composed especially for the pop-up book promo.  Probably TCM has staff that whips up a catchy bit of music now and then, just for the promos.

I suspect it's music that was composed especially for the pop-up book promo.  Probably TCM has staff that whips up a catchy bit of music now and then, just for the promos.

That may be true, but in this case they did use pre-existing music. I was watching a movie fairly recently and that music was used. I don't recall what film it was now, unfortunately.

Edit: I tried doing some research, but found no more info. I did hear the music in something, as I wouldn't mistake it from all the times that I've heard it. As often as these questions get asked, you'd think TCM would put full production credits up on their website for these things.

• Like 1

I actually found the whole tune...it's by Keith Nichols and it's called Jelly s Blues. Bought the whole album "Keith Nichol's Jazz on Amazon.

That's great you found the music. Knowing this now, maybe we can figure out what film Lawrence heard it in