Janr

Movie Titles Please

5 posts in this topic

Looking for 3 movie titles:

1) Movie starts with Halloween (maybe the whole movie is about Halloween) and boy(s) doing Halloween pranks like - poop in the bag is lit and doorbell rang and a dummy which is put in the middle of street and cars slow down and go around - one yells "get out of the street, you drunk" and the last one goes past and then backs up and takes the dummy - very funny scenes but I don't remember the rest of the movie or the name - can you help? I remember seeing this in the mid 70's on TV so might be from the 60's or 70's

2) Another scary story where either vampire or witch is drowned in the last scene when water raises up in the dungeon (basement) of old castle. Might be a British movie of the 60's or early 70's

3) Teen movie of either later 70's or early 80's where boy seduces girl and leaves her to suffer consequences (just used her). I think he is teaching another guy how to be an "operator" - you know a real jerk.

Well, if you can help me with any of these, I would appreciate the titles. Thanks Jan

Not sure about the first and third. As for the second movie, your description brings to mind 2 possibilities. First, Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966) ends with Dracula drowning right outside the old castle. He is standing on some frozen ice between two of the castle walls when someone shoots the ice and it breaks, causing him to sip underneath and drown.

Your description also sounded vaguely like a scene from Phantom of The Opera. Several adaptations of the story include a scene where Christine's rescuers are trapped in a part of the elaborate cellar/dungeon and are nearly drowned when water begins to fill the room they are in. I believe there may be a version when the phantom himself is drowned like that as well. It's not exactly what you described, but it sounded close.

I gave you answers for 1 and 2 on your previous post but you didn't reply

#1.  "Kenny & Company (1976)

You can see the two kids with the dummy at about 1:00

#2 Might be The Terror (1963) A witch is in a dungeon that is filling up with water at the end of the movie.

Full movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQRGYYg7ho