MovieMadness

Stupid Science

1,390 posts in this topic

Well, it would give Donald Trump something YUGE to finally talk about.

who would you rather be grabbed by? a 50 foot sarah palin or a 50 foot hillary clinton? :D

who would you rather be grabbed by? a 50 foot sarah palin or a 50 foot hillary clinton? :D

a 50-foot Salma Hayek

I'd be quite happy with just the regular, 5 foot version.

Well, let's face it, either way, it ain't gonna happen for us.

• Like 2

here's a real stupid science question...

would it be theoretically possible by some means to amplify the growth potential of the human female pituitary gland and cause a normal-sized babe to become a 50 foot giantess?...

like allison hayes? :D

The ancient giants (Nepillim) were said to be a max of 36 feet.  Guess it's possible.at that size.

Giovanni_Lanfranco_Norandino_and_Lucina_

The ancient giants (Nepillim) were said to be a max of 36 feet.  Guess it's possible.at that size.

Giovanni_Lanfranco_Norandino_and_Lucina_

yeah, fallen angels liked human women and fornicated with them.

but were there any giant nephilim women? :)

yeah, fallen angels liked human women and fornicated with them.

but were there any giant nephilim women? :)

Don't think so, might explain why they got so ANGRY!

Would you settle for this?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

No, we still don’t know the mystery behind the Bermuda Triangle

Two scientists whose studies were widely credited with unlocking the secrets of the Bermuda Triangle, said their research was completely “misrepresented” — and that the mystery has not been solved.

Randy Cerveny, a climatologist from Arizona State, and Steven Miller, an atmospheric science researcher from Colorado State, were both prominently featured on the Science Channel’s “What’s on Earth” – which cast their findings that huge “hexagonal cloud” patterns over those notorious waters create 170 mph “air bombs” were responsible for bringing down planes and ships.

But both scientists are now criticizing the show’s use of their work.

Why am I not shocked that research from climatologists is being misrepresented. Here others lie about it to prove the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, of all things, was solved. Just like they have been lying about global warming. The more you read about this stuff, the more you realize it is all being lied about.

• Like 1

No, we still don’t know the mystery behind the Bermuda Triangle

Two scientists whose studies were widely credited with unlocking the secrets of the Bermuda Triangle, said their research was completely “misrepresented” — and that the mystery has not been solved.

Randy Cerveny, a climatologist from Arizona State, and Steven Miller, an atmospheric science researcher from Colorado State, were both prominently featured on the Science Channel’s “What’s on Earth” – which cast their findings that huge “hexagonal cloud” patterns over those notorious waters create 170 mph “air bombs” were responsible for bringing down planes and ships.

But both scientists are now criticizing the show’s use of their work.

Why am I not shocked that research from climatologists is being misrepresented. Here others lie about it to prove the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, of all things, was solved. Just like they have been lying about global warming. The more you read about this stuff, the more you realize it is all being made up.

There is for me no mystery, the area is known for quick pop up thunderstorms, rogue waves, drug smugglers (pirating ships), methane eruptions, etc.  People can easily suffer from spatial disorientation (case - JFK jr's plane crash). Couple that to the fact its a heavily traveled area. If one looks at the oceans as a whole there are many "Bermuda Triangles", some people simply wants to keep the paranormal / UFO nonsense alive.

Hexagonal clouds in the South Atlantic taken in 2002 along with explanation.

http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=59758

SouthAtlantic.A2002157.1055.500m.jpg

The mother of hexagonal clouds are on Saturn.

eb736c227fed218e38e542fcaddd774b.jpg

• Like 1

Is it time to rethink the way we search for intelligent alien life?

A new study suggests aliens may be trying to make contact with Earth – not through radio broadcasts or UFO flybys, but by the flickering of distant cosmic lights.

A small group of stars – just 234 out of the 2.5 million catalogued by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) – are acting strangely. Astronomers have observed these stars exhibiting what’s called “spectral modulation.” In other words, they’re subtly changing color in repeating patterns. Two scientists, both from Laval University in Quebec, suggest that these modulations may have been intentionally created by extraterrestrials.

Next they will say it must be aliens flashing signals to us about global warming. In alien morse code it says we must save the planet and listen to them. This is how far out there these studies really are, thinking aliens can control stars. I would be embarrassed to call myself a scientist and come up with something this ridiculous.

• Like 1

A new study suggests aliens may be trying to make contact with Earth – not through radio broadcasts or UFO flybys, but by the flickering of distant cosmic lights.

A small group of stars – just 234 out of the 2.5 million catalogued by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) – are acting strangely. Astronomers have observed these stars exhibiting what’s called “spectral modulation.” In other words, they’re subtly changing color in repeating patterns. Two scientists, both from Laval University in Quebec, suggest that these modulations may have been intentionally created by extraterrestrials.

Next they will say it must be aliens flashing signals to us about global warming. In alien morse code it says we must save the planet and listen to them. This is how far out there these studies really are, thinking aliens can control stars. I would be embarrassed to call myself a scientist and come up with something this ridiculous.

Another case of "if one don't understand it, blame aliens" explanation.  Scientist need to be given the pink slip.  

Did any of them thought about closely interlocked binary stars of different colors?

slide_32.jpg

Wiki_Spect_Binaries_v2.gif

• Like 1

"twinkle, twinkle little star,

someone's trying to hail us from afar."

:lol:  

• Like 2

Lifting weights could make you more intelligent, study suggests

The weight training program involved lifting weights that were 80 per cent as heavy as the maximum the participants were able to lift twice a week for six months. This is similar to training regimes used by athletes.

As they got stronger, the amount of weight they lifted was increased to keep to the 80 per cent level. MRI scans revealed that specific areas of the brain increased in size among those who took part.

Yes, we all know how the geniuses hang out at the gym lifting weights all day. That is why so many ex-NFL players are broke two years after retiring. With studies like this being reported no wonder the scammers got away with making up global warming.

How global warming could actually make winters colder for some people

As Arctic winters become increasingly balmy, North America and Europe may experience more frequent cold snaps.

That’s according to a new international study, published Wednesday in the journal Nature Climate Change. Researchers find that rapid warming in the Arctic – which has occurred at two to three times the pace of the rest of the Northern Hemisphere – may be exacerbating the effects of the jet stream.

Right on cue these people never give up, now they claim global warming will cause colder weather. Yes, you read that right, global warming will cause colder weather. If you believe that I have a white house I want to sell you in Washington D.C..

I lifted weights (some pretty heavy) for about 15 years, and I did become more intelligent. I learned that unless you want a body like Steve Reeves, there were better and less painful ways to exercise those same muscle groups.

Fortunately, scientists aren't as simple minded as winguts

are.

You got that right.     First the issue related to climate is climate CHANGE,  and NOT global WARMING.

Second,   with climate CHANGE,   no scientist I know of ever said the entire world would get warmer instead while most areas will get warmer some areas will get colder. 

Only a wingnut (but I like winguts better BTW),   would fail to comprehend this.

• Like 1

The weight training program involved lifting weights that were 80 per cent as heavy as the maximum the participants were able to lift twice a week for six months. This is similar to training regimes used by athletes.

As they got stronger, the amount of weight they lifted was increased to keep to the 80 per cent level. MRI scans revealed that specific areas of the brain increased in size among those who took part.

Guess they're right, he lifted weights won Mr Universe, Mr Olympia, became a movie star, author, govern(nator) and rich. :D

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-10.52.48-AM.pn

You got that right.     First the issue related to climate is climate CHANGE,  and NOT global WARMING.

Second,   with climate CHANGE,   no scientist I know of ever said the entire world would get warmer instead while most areas will get warmer some areas will get colder. 

Only a wingnut (but I like winguts better BTW),   would fail to comprehend this.

My error. I've written wingnuts so often, I should get it right.

The reason is given right in the short excerpt MM posted,

but I guess he somehow missed it.

Guess they're right, he lifted weights won Mr Universe, Mr Olympia, became a movie star, author, govern(nator) and rich. :D

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-10.52.48-AM.pn

Yeah, but evidently NOT "smart enough" to stay away from his freakin' MAID!!!

(...or even smart enough to get his California Class-M drivers license in order to legally ride his motorcycle on public roads in the state he governed...and an election the gap-toothed lunkhead PRIMARILY won because of NAME RECOGNITION)

• Like 1

AND, speakin' of Arnold...let me tell you about the time I saw the jerk a year or two BEFORE he was elected "governator"...

There's a local little roadhouse named The Rock Store along Mulholland Hwy up in the Santa Monica mountains. The place is a SoCal mecca for motorcyclists, especially on Sundays. I'd see Jay Leno there quite often on that day of the week ride in on one of his really nice collection of classic bikes. Always rode in alone and with no little "entourage" around him. I can't tell you how many times I'd watch Jay courteously handle the starstruck who might be new to The Rock Store scene. They'd want a picture taken with him and/or his autograph, and Jay was always happy to oblige them.

Well, one Sunday while I was sitting on the terrace up above the parking lot and sippin' a beer(you were not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in the parking lot below) I spotted Arnold ride up with HIS little freakin' "entourage" of riders. As they dismounted off their machines, the nearest I could tell was that they were acting as some sort of "bodyguards" for him.

I watched as a few of the "starstruck" made their move toward Arnie Boy, but a couple of his "bodyguards" stopped them in their tracks and made motions to the said starstruck which seemed to say somethin' like, "Please leave Mr. Schwarzenegger alone and respect his privacy!"

(...and sorry, but THAT'S the day I lost more than a little, no, make that A LOT of respect for the guy...nope, can't STAND that kind of attitude from celebs...nope, just can't...always felt they should damn well learn how to handle their fame, and signing autographs and having pictures taken with 'em is just PART OF THE FREAKIN' JOB OF BEIN' A FREAKIN' MOVIE STAR, and ESPECIALLY in THAT kind of environment!!!!)

• Like 1

AND, speakin' of Arnold...let me tell you about the time I saw the jerk a year or two BEFORE he was elected "governator"...

There's a local little roadhouse named The Rock Store along Mulholland Hwy up in the Santa Monica mountains. The place is a SoCal mecca for motorcyclists, especially on Sundays. I'd see Jay Leno there quite often on that day of the week ride in on one of his really nice collection of classic bikes. Always rode in alone and with no little "entourage" around him. I can't tell you how many times I'd watch Jay courteously handle the starstruck who might be new to The Rock Store scene. They'd want a picture taken with him and/or his autograph, and Jay was always happy to oblige them.

Well, one Sunday while I was sitting on the terrace up above the parking lot and sippin' a beer(you were not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in the parking lot below) I spotted Arnold ride up with HIS little freakin' "entourage" of riders. As they dismounted off their machines, the nearest I could tell was that they were acting as some sort of "bodyguards" for him.

I watched as a few of the "starstruck" made their move toward Arnie Boy, but a couple of his "bodyguards" stopped them in their tracks and made motions to the said starstruck which seemed to say somethin' like, "Please leave Mr. Schwarzenegger alone and respect his privacy!"

(...and sorry, but THAT'S the day I lost more than a little, no, make that A LOT of respect for the guy...nope, can't STAND that kind of attitude from celebs...nope, just can't...always felt they should damn well learn how to handle their fame, and signing autographs and having pictures taken with 'em is just PART OF THE FREAKIN' JOB OF BEIN' A FREAKIN' MOVIE STAR, and ESPECIALLY in THAT kind of environment!!!!)

Dargo, anybody who marries a Kennedy and still maintains that he's better off as a Republican has gotta be stupid.

Then to have no respect for her in her own home, that's gotta be the 2ND dumbest thing that he did.

The third dumbest thing was that he tweeted--

he could not vote for Trump because of the accusations that a number of women had against Donald Trump.

I remember vividly when his wife came on Oprah and defended him against all the women who had made accusations against him.

I don't know if Arnold just doesn't understand the English language very well or that he really is just that stupid.

Years ago, I remember Lawrence O'Donnell saying that Schwarzenegger was too stupid to be Governor of California and that he had absolutely no merit in his character, whatsoever.

I always liked Lawrence O'Donnell.

Yeah, but evidently NOT "smart enough" to stay away from his freakin' MAID!!!

(...or even smart enough to get his California Class-M drivers license in order to legally ride his motorcycle on public roads in the state he governed...and an election the gap-toothed lunkhead PRIMARILY won because of NAME RECOGNITION)

dats old news! :lol: 

Clinton told climate activists ‘get a life’

Environmental activists and their supporters in the media are appalled that not a single question in the presidential debates focused on climate change.

Writing in the New York Times, David Leonhardt said, “the lack of a single question on the world’s biggest problem was a grievous error.”

May Boeve, executive director of climate group 350 Action, complained in the Guardian that, “This crisis threatens our communities, our economy, and the future for our children … yet climate change doesn’t get a single direct question in the debate.”

There were no questions asked about it because everyone knows it's a scam. Get over it. Once you changed it's name from global warming to climate change people realized it was all lies anyway.