Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Horror Cinema's Scariest Children!

89 posts in this topic

HARVEY STEPHENS AS DAMIEN THORN IN "THE OMEN" -

151b8eaab429f4b13d9874f8818c158e.jpg

No child has scared me as much as Damien Thorn.

I am planning to cover this in the ClassiCategories thread in the Games & Trivia forum.

TCM could easily do a month of programming some October on this theme.

• Like 1

I am planning to cover this in the ClassiCategories thread in the Games & Trivia forum.

TCM could easily do a month of programming some October on this theme.

Let me know when, Jarrod.

Let me know when, Jarrod.

I was going to wait till we get closer to Halloween. Maybe next week sometime. I will let you know a day in advance.

• Like 1

I was going to wait till we get closer to Halloween. Maybe next week sometime. I will let you know a day in advance.

Who will Jarrod's top pick be?

I created a post about scary kids in the ClassiCategories thread today. You can find it in the Games & Trivia forum. We'll see what examples people mention.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-10-27%2Bat%2B6.01.1

• Like 2

I created a post about scary kids in the ClassiCategories thread today. You can find it in the Games & Trivia forum. We'll see what examples people mention.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-10-27%2Bat%2B6.01.1

Oh,  who is that cute little girl in ponytails?      Look she has a set of matches.    Nothing to worry about since such a nice girl must only have matches so she can help build a fire to keep her mommy warm.

• Like 2

Martin Stephens as David Zellaby in "Village of the Damned" -

village-of-the-damned-stephens.jpg

I love those hairstyles. How classic.

• Like 1

I love those hairstyles. How classic.

Have you seen Martin Stephens in an MGM romantic comedy with Deborah Kerr, "Count Your Blessings"?

He plays her very distinctive son.

Maybe from the experience, Kerr recommended Stephens for "The Innocents".

He is so unforgettable as Miles in "The Innocents".

• Like 1

Have you seen Martin Stephens in an MGM romantic comedy with Deborah Kerr, "Count Your Blessings"?

He plays her very distinctive son.

Maybe from the experience, Kerr recommended Stephens for "The Innocents".

He is so unforgettable as Miles in "The Innocents".

I don't remember him from COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

These hairstyles make them look like little rock stars-- miniature Beatles. LOL

• Like 1

Here's another one named The Children, this one from 2008. I enjoyed it, and recommend it.

The original movie is schlocky fun the 2008 version is terrifying

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I've watched it-- was it ever explained why Rhoda behaves as she does? Or was the main idea that her evil was biological?

• Like 2

It's been awhile since I've watched it-- was it ever explained why Rhoda behaves as she does? Or was the main idea that her evil was biological?

Well, they tried to make a case for the fact that her evil was "biological" - inherited from her criminal mother, Rhoda has been adopted - but the case wasn't really made that strongly. 

• Like 2

Well, they tried to make a case for the fact that her evil was "biological" - inherited from her criminal mother, Rhoda has been adopted - but the case wasn't really made that strongly. 

Thanks for explaining. Obviously, they didn't focus much on Rhoda's past, and the birth mother was not a character who appears in the movie, even in a flashback. That's where they could have been less stagey and had visuals that filled in some of the gaps about Rhoda's backstory, showing what makes her tick, etc. Plus they could have let us see some of Rhoda's earlier crimes in brief flashbacks to provide a better idea of how long this has all been going on.

They didn't open this story up and flesh it out like they could have. It's basically a filmed play that doesn't take full advantage of the cinematic possibilities.

• Like 3

Thanks for explaining. Obviously, they didn't focus much on Rhoda's past, and the birth mother was not a character who appears in the movie, even in a flashback. That's where they could have been less stagey and had visuals that filled in some of the gaps about Rhoda's backstory, showing what makes her tick, etc. Plus they could have let us see some of Rhoda's earlier crimes in brief flashbacks to provide a better idea of how long this has all been going on.

They didn't open this story up and flesh it out like they could have. It's basically a filmed play that doesn't take full advantage of the cinematic possibilities.

Jarrod -

Yes, "The Bad Seed" is definitely a filmed play.

• Like 2