Sign in to follow this  
CeliaC

Written On The Wind

42 posts in this topic

Makes you wonder why she was working. Maybe it was therapy.

LMOWO. Good one. She was definitely opened for exploration. It's hard to

resist with these over the top movies. Dorothy was sort of a challenge. Very

sexy, but close to being psycho. What's a fella to do?

LOL! I thought of another one, but I'd better not post it..........

Are you asking because you want to know what we think, or is this a trivia question? LOL

My guess would be that this family wasn't substantial. Their family had nothing substantial to keep it thriving, no foundation of trust, respect and love, so their story was written on the wind. Just blown away, with no legacy left. How's that, you agree?

I doubt it. Usually a title has a purpose. Why did you bother to ask, if that's what you think? why didn't you just write that's what you thought? Sorry I bothered to answer.

I AM interested in hearing theories, and yours was very good. I'm hardly certain that it means nothing--that's just a possibility.

>My guess would be that this family wasn't substantial. Their family had nothing substantial to keep it thriving, no foundation of trust, respect and love, so their story was written on the wind. Just blown away, with no legacy left. How's that, you agree?

Hmmmm...I don't know, lavender.

Ya see it seems kinda incongruous to me that all those "unsubstantial" kinda things would be flying around in the same kinda place as those answers to those VERY substantial questions such as:

How many roads most a man walk down, before you call him a man?

Or say,

How many seas must a white dove sail, l before she sleeps in the sand?

Or especially maybe,

How many times must the cannon balls fly, before they're forever banned?

(...but heck, what do I know...I suppose you COULD be right here!)

;)

So help me, Dargo, if you now slip into Rod McKuen poetry... I'm telling Judie!!

Written on the Wind had a theme,

Movie opening with the theme:

It sort of supports the suggestions that lavender hinted a bit, but the lyrics suggest that the relationship of Mitch Wayne (Rock Hudson) and Lucy Moore Hadley (Lauren Becall) hidden and unspoken deep love for each other.

Remember, the story is revealed entirely in flashback.

>So help me, Dargo, if you now slip into Rod McKuen poetry... I'm telling Judie!!

LOL

Trust me, there's little chance of THAT happenin', Char!

Maybe Dougie was stealing from Keats' epitaph about one whose name was

writ in Water, or OTOH, he was just using the title of the novel the movie was

based on.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fighting-Artists/591604250872551?fref=ts Posted a link to an articl about Written on the Wind.

http://www.jeremyizzo.com/melodrama It sticks up for melodrama. I noticed it too, only older films are liked for being melodrama, but newer films are shunned. I remember watching interviews about "Before the Devil Knows" and how the writer hated it when the director told him it was a melodrama.

Written on the wind is his best. That opening is amazing. Odd that the only characer that was one dimenstional was Lauren Bacall and she caused the rift. I think the article points out that it's the style of the film, not the story that is important for viewers. Sirk even said it is the audience who needs the imagination.