Sign in to follow this  
Guest Almaraz, Flora

Help me with this romantic comedy

5 posts in this topic

Guest Almaraz, Flora

I'm trying to remember the name of a romantic comedy (black & white) that I believe was about an American girl who travels to a European country and gets mistaken for royalty. I remember a part where she is arriving on the train and this little town has a welcome platform set up for this persons arrival. I saw this about 15 years ago and have bothered for so long trying to remember the name. Someone suggested it being a Marilyn Monroe movie, but I remember this person having more of a Grace Kelly look. -Flora

Guest Griffith, David

The title that I have in mind does not fit your description, but for all it's worth, it may be "Roman Holiday" (1953) starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. It is a B&W film of the romantic-comedy genre and this girl (Audrey) is a "real" Princess in Monaco or maybe Italy (the surroundings in her royal home look British). At any rate, she has become bored with royal life and feels smothered by royal protocol. So she decides to slip out of her royal home incognito and travels to Rome in a taxicab to get a taste of freedom. This guy (Gregory) somehow and reluctantly gets mixed up with her, but once he learns her true identity, he becomes very interested in her and involves his photographer friend played by Eddie Albert (I think) in a potentially lucrative plot to snap pictures of her for his newspaper. As the story progresses, Gregory falls in love with Audrey and he and his friend end up abandoning their scheme. Given your description, I have a feeling this is not much, but I'm just trying to help....

Guest Almaraz, Flora

Thank you for your reply and help, I have seen "Roman Holiday" it's one of my favorites but it's not the movie I'm trying to remember. If it may help at all I do remember the country having more of a Scandinavian appearance. I also recall the young lady having an elderly hand maid who is in involved in the farce.

Guest trizzle, cheryl

please, help me. what is the movie with bobby darin and sandra dee ,it's a comedy with them getting married and her mother gives her a dog book on" how to train your puppy" ,the mother says it worked on her dad,try it on bobby ,and it's too make him jealous with a imaginary lover, but bobby dad plays the lover. its really funny movie. but cannot think of the name so i can find the tape. i love bobby darin! thank-you if you can help.

Guest K, Sandy

cheryl, I think that your movie is IF A MAN ANSWERS from 1962. According to the Internet Movie Database, it is not currently available on video or dvd.