NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

8,296 posts in this topic

The Glorious Donald Trump...

Beating all odds to become the

45th President of the United States

:D 

The simplest summary of White House economic policy to date is four words long: There is no policy.-

"....(Trump) could have stayed on message for several hours, gathered Democrats and Republicans to discuss a bipartisan agreement, and announced a timeframe. Instead he quickly turned his attention to Twitter to accuse media companies of “Fake News” while undermining an alliance with Qatar based on what may be, fittingly, a fake news story....

"....this administration’s approach to public policy. A high-profile announcement, coupled with an ambitious promise, subsumed by an unrelated, self-inflicted public-relations crisis, followed by … nothing......There is no policy.

Consider the purported focus of this week. An infrastructure plan ought to include actual proposals, like revenue-and-spending details and timetables. The Trump infrastructure plan has little of that. Even the president’s speech on Monday was devoid of specifics. (An actual line was: “We have studied numerous countries, one in particular, they have a very, very good system; ours is going to top it by a lot.”) The ceremonial signing on Monday was pure theater. The president, flanked by politicians and businesspeople smiling before the twinkling of camera flashes, signed a paper that merely asks Congress to work on a bill. An assistant could have done that via email. Meanwhile, Congress isn’t working on infrastructure at all, according to Politico, and Republicans have shown no interest in a $200 billion spending bill.....

.....Trump and his party are alike—united in their antagonism toward Obama-era policies and united in their inability to articulate what should come next. Republicans are trapped by campaign promises that they cannot fulfill. The White House is trapped inside of the president’s perpetual campaign, a cavalcade of economic promises divorced from any effort to detail, advocate, or enact major economic legislation....

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/06/donald-trump-economic-policies/529554/?utm_source=atlfb

:blink:

Maybe we should refer to Trump as Fake President?

• Like 4

Maybe we should refer to Trump as Fake President?

we have a two-party system because one of our country's moral underpinnings is diversity of opinion...

opposition to obama-era policies like it's a thought crime...

american deplorables tolerated that brand of phony two-faced HS long enough!

we know donny's not a saint but we do believe he may be more fundamentally honest than his predecessor.

why do the democrats want trump out? because they are so morally and ethically wounded to the quick by donny's antics?

no, because they are so unwilling to tolerate GOP policies. and election was held and they came up short.

what the democrats propose to do now is extremely dangerous as a failed impeachment attempt will create far more conflicts than it is worth.

irregardless...

Donny is ready! :D 

we have a two-party system because one of our country's moral underpinnings is diversity of opinion...

we know donny's not a saint but we do believe he may be more fundamentally honest than his predecessor.

why do the democrats want trump out? because they are so morally and ethically wounded to the quick by donny's antics?

no, because they are so unwilling to tolerate GOP policies. and election was held and they came up short.

what the democrats propose to do now is extremely dangerous as a failed impeachment attempt will create far more conflicts than it is worth.

irregardless...

" Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

• Like 2

" Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

doan expect trump to just fade into the sunset like nixon.

he is a fighter! :)

How is it even THAT HIGH??????????? :D

I doan care how unpopular donny is as long has he remains in power.

how popular was palpatine?

donny's got game!  :D

If you want a Roman reference that relates to Trump, I suggest this one: Emperor Honorius more interested in his chickens than in hearing from people telling him that Rome was being sacked by the Goths:

1200px-John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Fav

The Favorites of Emperor Honorius, by J.W. Waterhouse

"At that time they say that the Emperor Honorius in Ravenna received the message from one of the eunuchs, evidently a keeper of the poultry, that Rome had perished. And he cried out and said, 'And yet it has just eaten from my hands!' For he had a very large c ock,  Rome by name; and the eunuch comprehending his words said that it was the city of Rome which had perished at the hands of Alaric, and the emperor with a sigh of relief answered quickly: 'But I, my good fellow, thought that my fowl Rome had perished.' So great, they say, was the folly with which this emperor was possessed."

• Like 3

You better hope Comey isn't Darth Vader, then.

5542361-2813643218-37370.jpg

• Like 1

If you want a Roman reference that relates to Trump, I suggest this one: Emperor Honorius more interested in his chickens than in hearing from people telling him that Rome was being sacked by the Goths:

1200px-John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Fav

The Favorites of Emperor Honorius, by J.W. Waterhouse

"At that time they say that the Emperor Honorius in Ravenna received the message from one of the eunuchs, evidently a keeper of the poultry, that Rome had perished. And he cried out and said, 'And yet it has just eaten from my hands!' For he had a very large c ock, Rome by name; and the eunuch comprehending his words said that it was the city of Rome which had perished at the hands of Alaric, and the emperor with a sigh of relief answered quickly: 'But I, my good fellow, thought that my fowl Rome had perished.' So great, they say, was the folly with which this emperor was possessed."

Moi, I prefer Caligula--

My favorite writer, Albert Camus, wrote a deeply and profoundly disturbing play about Caligula, Roman Emperor, AD 37-41.

I don't know if Beauregard Sessions, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer, and Generals Mattis and McMaster enjoy French Literature.

But I do suggest that they take a look at Caligula by Camus-- if only Act II.

Also educational might be a 1979 film, based on a Gore Vidal screenplay, called Caligula starring: Malcolm McDowell, Helen Mirren and Peter O'Toole, directed by Tinto Brass.

• Like 3

Also educational might be a 1979 film, based on a Gore Vidal screenplay, called Caligula starring: Malcolm McDowell, Helen Mirren and Peter O'Toole, directed by Tinto Brass.

I'm certain Mike Pence has that one on Blu-Ray.

• Like 4

Moi, I prefer Caligula--

My favorite writer, Albert Camus, wrote a deeply and profoundly disturbing play about Caligula, Roman Emperor, AD 37-41.

I don't know if Beauregard Sessions, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer, and Generals Mattis and McMaster enjoy French Literature.

But I do suggest that they take a look at Caligula by Camus-- if only Act II.

The 1883 painting by the Pre-Raphaelite Waterhouse was inspired by a passage in the 1850 novel, Antonina, or The Fall of Rome, by Willkie Collins. Here's the passage, about the Emperor Honorius:

"In the midst of a large flock of poultry, which seemed strangely

misplaced on a floor of marble and under a gilded roof, stood a pale,

thin, debilitated youth, magnificently clothed, and holding in his hand

a silver vase filled with grain, which he ever and anon distributed to

the cackling multitude at his feet. Nothing could be more pitiably

effeminate than the appearance of this young man. His eyes were heavy

and vacant, his forehead low and retiring, his cheeks sallow, and his

form curved as if with a premature old age. An unmeaning smile dilated

his thin, colourless lips; and as he looked down on his strange

favourites, he occasionally whispered to them a few broken expressions

of endearment, almost infantine in their simplicity. His whole soul

seemed to be engrossed by the labour of distributing his grain, and he

followed the different movements of the poultry with an earnestness of

attention which seemed almost idiotic in its ridiculous intensity. If

it be asked, why a person so contemptible as this solitary youth has

been introduced with so much care, and described with so much

minuteness, it must be answered, that, though destined to form no

important figure in this work, he played, from his position, a

remarkable part in the great drama on which it is founded--for this

feeder of chickens was no less a person than Honorius, Emperor of Rome.

It is the very imbecility of this man, at such a time as that we now

write on, which invests his character with a fearful interest in the

eye of posterity. In himself the impersonation of the meanest vices

inherent in the vicious civilisation of his period, to his feebleness

was accorded the terrible responsibility of liberating the

long-prisoned storm whose elements we have attempted to describe in the

preceding chapter. With just intellect enough to be capricious, and

just determination enough to be mischievous, he was an instrument

fitted for the uses of every ambitious villain who could succeed in

gaining his ear." 

donny's got game! :D

For once you have an apt reference for this lying sack of pathetic HS (thanks Nipkow) who's taken over the White House. He is Nero, oblivious to the destruction around him he's wrought, or is attempting to.

As for your question about not caring how unpopular he gets as long as he remains in power...... Well once his popularity erodes a little further, especially among his base, the craven GOP congresspeople will see where the wind is blowing, and begin to desert him in droves. Trump will be left to fend for himself once Rome collapses along with his popularity.

• Like 2

If the historical Nero was anything like Peter Ustinov, he would had torched himself.

• Like 1

" I need loyalty. I expect loyalty."

( According to James Comey, words spoken to him by Trump in a private dinner, just for two, in the White House Green Room. How cozy can you get?)

I bet Joseph Mankiewicz could have used the person who said that on his team of writers for the 1963 film Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor.

It would have been a good line for Julius Caesar to say to Brutus or for Eddie Fisher to say to Richard Burton. LOL

• Like 3

irregardless...

You never will understand.

There is more opposition across the board, across the nation and across the world to Donald Trump than to any president in American history, including Pres. Obama.  It transcends all political persuasions (except ultra-extremsit and racists), all religious groups, all ethnicities and all groups period.

It is not about losing the election, it is about Trump's total incompetance to serve in any office, his threat to America and the world and the inferior choices he has made for appointments.

Your rationale for the two party system is both ill-informed and irrelevant.  Incidentally, we have a multi-party system but only two dominate.

What Democratic officials, especially in Congress, have proposed impeaching Trump?  None that I am aware of. 

• Like 2

" I need loyalty. I expect loyalty."

( According to James Comey, words spoken to him by Trump in a private dinner, just for two, in the White House Green Room. How cozy can you get?)

I bet Joseph Mankiewicz could have used the person who said that on his team of writers for the 1963 film Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor.

It would have been a good line for Julius Caesar to say to Brutus or for Eddie Fisher to say to Richard Burton. LOL

Wonder how many times Hitler, Stalin, Putin, et. al. said it.

• Like 1

Wonder how many times Hitler, Stalin, Putin, et. al. said it.

Last words said as the "disloyal" victim was sent to the concentration camp/gulag. Trump obviously thinks like them.

• Like 2

There is more opposition across the board, across the nation and across the world to Donald Trump than to any president in American history, including Pres. Obama.  It transcends all political persuasions (except ultra-extremsit and racists), all religious groups, all ethnicities and all groups period.

It is not about losing the election, it is about Trump's total incompetance to serve in any office, his threat to America and the world and the inferior choices he has made for appointments.

Your rationale for the two party system is both ill-informed and irrelevant.  Incidentally, we have a multi-party system but only two dominate.

What Democratic officials, especially in Congress, have proposed impeaching Trump?  None that I am aware of. 

Not to mention the hundreds of offices where he's nominated NO ONE for the job sitting vacant.

• Like 3

I almost fell asleep during today's much ballyhooed comey testimony.

there is nothing there...nothing!

so the democrats are going to foment an impeachment over what?

trump unnerving comey by staring at him from across a table? :lol:

this is a whole lotta nothing. :)

trump tough

I almost fell asleep during today's much ballyhooed comey testimony.

It's Comey's charisma.

• Like 1

yesterday mister perfect obama accused trump of a 'lack of leadership'.

that from a guy who couldn't even muster enough balls to fire even a single cruise missile at assad forces after a gas attack that he ignored.

like most speech-dependent orators all obama was ever good for were worthless speeches subbing for his total lack of leadership!

when you draw a red line, attribute it's drawing not to yourself but to others, and then choose not to do a bleeping thing when it is crossed, you are a worthless and weak schtootz for all the world to see.

and doan forget those doctors who took the pains after a hospital was bombed to write a letter to obama to protest he blatant inaction.

it was ignored of course. what could the weak schtootz have said to a buncha doctors who had him pegged?

nothing!...so he ignored it. :lol:

yesterday mister perfect obama accused trump of a 'lack of leadership'.

that from a guy who couldn't even muster enough balls to fire even a single cruise missile at assad forces after a gas attack that he ignored.

like most speech-dependent orators all obama was ever good for were worthless speeches subbing for his total lack of leadership!

when you draw a red line, attribute it's drawing not to yourself but to others, and then choose not to do a bleeping thing when it is crossed, you are a worthless and weak schtootz for all the world to see.

and doan forget those doctors who took the pains after a hospital was bombed to write a letter to obama to protest he blatant inaction.

it was ignored of course. what could the weak schtootz have said to a buncha doctors who had him pegged?

nothing!...so he ignored it. :lol:

what about that african american democrat congressman schtootz Al Green (not the singer) :P