NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

7,645 posts in this topic

Pres Obama should issue pardons to Bill and Hillary Clinton on Nov. 9th covering all "criminal" activities from date of birth to 11/09/2016.  Then on Jan 20, issue pardons for 11/09/2016 through 01/20/2017.

It is what Gerald Ford did for Nixon and in retrospect it was the right thing to do.  It saved the country from years and years of turmoil, political infighting, economic upheaval and who knows what else.  

I didn't agree with the pardon at the time, but I am older and much wiser now.

Regardless of how the election goes, the Republicans will use the email controversy and whatever else they can to attack and villify the Clintons and the Democratic Party.

Every little known Republican committee chair will start an investigation in order to gain publicity, political contributions and raise their prospects for higher office.

The ones who aren't committe chairs will call for special investigators (at least one already has) and stir up as much controversy as they can.

The pardons would go a long way to reducing the turmoil regardless of who is president in 2017.

Is it unseemly for a Dem Pres to pardon a Dem Pres-elect?

Would Obama be worried about besmirching his legacy for pardoning where so many hate?

I guess it could happen.

The outrage, wow!

Actually, she said "vote early ... and often."

Yeah, but the question is: Did she pronounce the "t" in the word "often" OR is she one of those who pronounces it without it?

'Cause word is most Democrats say "OFF-ten", and whereas most Republicans say "OFF-en", and with either pronunciation being acceptable, of course.

(...BUT, if she's tryin' to get those oh so valuable crossover votes..well...I think you see how even THIS minor point of contention COULD perhaps cause her to gain OR lose a few votes either way, can't ya Rich?!) ;)

Would Obama be worried about besmirching his legacy for pardoning where so many hate?

I guess it could happen.

The outrage, wow!

I assume the first question is rhetorical.   Partisans are always going to say 'NO'  when it is one of their own being pardoned by one of their own.

I doubt Obama would even consider such a thing.    He may even welcome all of the investigations since it would distract the GOP from overturning ACA.    :lol:

I assume the first question is rhetorical.   Partisans are always going to say 'NO'  when it is one of their own being pardoned by one of their own.

I doubt Obama would even consider such a thing.    He may even welcome all of the investigations since it would distract the GOP from overturning ACA.    :lol:

The first question recognizes the partisan aspect, it refers to principle.

Cid, Nixon resigned and was pardoned. Clinton would be a sitting president. How can she pardoned for alleged crimes when she is the president of the US. We would be led by a president who had to be pardoned? In principle, this would be deemed dangerous for the country.

That is what Alex Jones thinks. Did you watch his crackpot video? Search on YouTube for "Alex Jones has a melt down... again". I don't think I could post that one here. "We are gonna have President Linda Blair, people, and I'm not going to go along with it!"

You watch that frog-voice's ****? 

That guys a wad.

The oddest thing I found from the latest Clinton e-mail event (which are not even her e-mails),  is that in her press conference she said to vote early.   She really stressed voting early.    Why?

To me it looked like she was saying 'hey, vote for me early,,  before something else comes out!';     :lol:

Maybe, but voting early is something that tends to favor Democrats - presidential and down ballot candidates.

Also, many of the voter suppression measures cause long delays and problems at traditionally Democratic voting precincts.  Those that are still open.

Voting early also gets the people to find out early that the GOP registrars and secretaries of state have removed them from the rolls and they can apply to get back on.  On Nov 8th that would be much more difficult.

I guess it could happen.

The outrage, wow!

Would absolutely cause him "legacy" problems.  Took years for Gerald Ford to overcome Nixon pardon and many still didn't think it was right.  But it would be the right thing for America.

To me, the issue is doing the greater good for the country as a whole.  We have had six years of Republicans not doing anything in Washington, investigating everyone they can and similar activities primarily out of either hate or appealing to a "base."

As for outrage, look at other things he has done and outraged the Republicans, the extremists, etc.  Then look at his approval ratings.

"Cid, Nixon resigned and was pardoned. Clinton would be a sitting president. How can she pardoned for alleged crimes when she is the president of the US. We would be led by a president who had to be pardoned? In principle, this would be deemed dangerous for the country."

A pardon is a pardon.  The pardon is not to excuse or protect Clinton but to get the counrty, especially the Republicans in Congress, to work to make America better, which they have refused to do for last six years.

The pardon is to remove the opportunity to have 18 or 20 or 30 Congressional committess each having dozens of hearings around the country simply to attack Clinton.  Instead of taking care of the economy, infrastructure, health care, national defense, veterans, ISIS, et. al.

In addtion, there is still no evidence of a crime anyway - just poor judgement.

I'm just saying Obama can remove the temptation from the Republicans.  After all the House has voted to repeal ACA 20 or 30 times.

Just chiming in here. Oh Nippy, the title of this thread makes me *sniff sniff* a little. You almost have me in Trumpee's corner. Such a hear-oh. Too bad he is also a bumbling dictator fascist who is capable of blowing up the world with the push of a button. Yet you soften my heart just a little for the mop-top.

The closest Trump comes to "hero" status is when he eats one----tuna, tomato, and plenty of mayo.

Two posters who stand up for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

I still say donny's a good guy.

he's been piled on by everyone and he's still here.

I can't agree with that.   Trump is anything but a good guy.    He is a sexist pig and out of touch with the views of most Americans.  

it doth approach...

that great day!...

when America will once again reach lost heights and the former zenith of her pride and power...

spurred by the new leadership of Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

champion for tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRq2JnrfNcw

superman-clark-kent-george-reeves.jpg?w=

Okay, I feel someone stepping on my cape.

The last year has proven that Donny is pretty much a

sleazebag, which likely isn't much of a surprise. An

entertaining one, but still a sleaze.

Okay, I feel someone stepping on my cloak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9rOVu0RBk

Okay, I feel someone stepping on my cloak.

You know how it is.

When rich people are crazy, they're called eccentric.

When rich people steal, they're called kleptomaniacs.

When rich people run for president and they are racist, then they just call them populist.

You know how it is.

Would absolutely cause him "legacy" problems.  Took years for Gerald Ford to overcome Nixon pardon and many still didn't think it was right.  But it would be the right thing for America.

To me, the issue is doing the greater good for the country as a whole.  We have had six years of Republicans not doing anything in Washington, investigating everyone they can and similar activities primarily out of either hate or appealing to a "base."

As for outrage, look at other things he has done and outraged the Republicans, the extremists, etc.  Then look at his approval ratings.

"Cid, Nixon resigned and was pardoned. Clinton would be a sitting president. How can she pardoned for alleged crimes when she is the president of the US. We would be led by a president who had to be pardoned? In principle, this would be deemed dangerous for the country."

A pardon is a pardon.  The pardon is not to excuse or protect Clinton but to get the counrty, especially the Republicans in Congress, to work to make America better, which they have refused to do for last six years.

The pardon is to remove the opportunity to have 18 or 20 or 30 Congressional committess each having dozens of hearings around the country simply to attack Clinton.  Instead of taking care of the economy, infrastructure, health care, national defense, veterans, ISIS, et. al.

In addtion, there is still no evidence of a crime anyway - just poor judgement.

I'm just saying Obama can remove the temptation from the Republicans.  After all the House has voted to repeal ACA 20 or 30 times.

You say "a pardon is a pardon" glossing over the vast difference between the Nixon one and a potential Clinton one. I think that's a meaningful distinction. As I said before, to pardon a sitting president would in effect make her a presumptive criminal, otherwise why the pardon? It's absurd that a pardoned person would serve as president. Nixon was done and out of politics.

I'm not happy pardoning someone with the baggage Clinton has just to get Congress to behave. This is her problem and she caused it herself. She grew it, let her chew it. It will make the Republicans behave?  Obama "can remove temptation from the Republicans" and then have designs on the ACA? Therefore pardons can be used in blatantly political ways? Does that show integrity, or is it a cheap shot?

after the great victory....

the gala preparations for Trumpus Maximus Americanus' positioning of unbelievable power!...

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrL4j-P2-GA

you are about to experience the awe and mystery that reaches from the inner Donald to...

THE

OUTER

TRUMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvduy_zep8&list=PL3y5z3uh7dT8DpA3-XMJphJ5TUEDACln_&index=37

:)

Trump suporter jailed in Iowa for voting twice.  Did it intentionally because she thought system was rigged.

Iowa has a Republican governor and a Republican secretary of state.  

You know how it is.

When rich people are crazy, they're called eccentric.

When rich people steal, they're called kleptomaniacs.

When rich people run for president and they are racist, then they just call them populist.

You know how it is.

It rarely hurts to be rich. It is kind of funny to watch all

these working class suckers being taken in by Trump.

Are they going to wake up with one giant hangover if

Donny wins and they find out they'll be just where they

are now.

Holy ****, Batman. I wrote cloak when I meant cape.

I blame the lateness of the hour

Be interesting to see how many of Trump's Storm Troopers show up on election day in order to terrorize anyone who is not a white male.

Then to see what the various governments do about it, particularly the Republican ones.

Be interesting to see how many of Trump's Storm Troopers show up on election day in order to terrorize anyone who is not a white male.

Then to see what the various governments do about it, particularly the Republican ones.

aw, they're just fun-loving good ol' boys, TheCid.

think ernest t. bass. :lol:

In final sprint, Trump targets Democratic states while Clinton tries to gin up enthusiasm among minorities

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is redirecting his attention to traditionally Democratic states in the final days of the 2016 campaign in an urgent attempt to expand what for weeks has been an increasingly narrow path to victory.

Following FBI Director James B. Comey’s surprise announcement Friday that the agency would once again examine emails related to Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, Trump and his advisers see a fresh opportunity to make gains in states that most public polls have shown as out of reach. They spent the weekend deliberating ways to seize on what they see as a dramatic turn in the campaign’s closing chapter and scramble the political map following a rough stretch beset by controversy.

WASHINGTON POST > https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-final-sprint-trump-targets-democratic-states-while-clinton-tries-to-gin-up-enthusiasm-among-minorities/2016/10/30/5bef5a26-9ed5-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html

Look for the Emperor to address the nation explaining the Constitutional Crisis it will face if CROOKED HILLARY is elected. There's blood in the water. He will go in for the kill.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

HAIL TRUMPUS MAXIMUS!