NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

8,026 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2017 at 10:29 AM, Bogie56 said:

When I was in LA in 1990 I inadvertently entered a motorcade when driving in my mustang convertible.  There were hundreds of motorcycle cops, none of whom paid any attention to me.  They were racing ahead of me and getting off at crossroads to block entry to the empty road that I was already driving on.  As I went up a hill I could see a motorcade in my rear view mirror following me.  I assumed it was the President.  So, I just started waving to the people who were gathering at the side of the road.  Maybe they thought it was all for me, I don't know.  This went on for about a mile or so then I finally turned off.

Back in the 60's I was riding my motorcycle on the L.A. freeway when this huge motorcade passed me up in the next lane. I kept glancing over at them as they passed by and in one large limo I did a double take... there in all his glory sat, what appeared to be a doppelganger of the commander in chief, LBJ. I was too dumbfounded to wave or make any kind of gesture.
Later that night the news confirmed an unannounced visit by the president. 

That's as close as I ever got to the man that was responsible for sending a half million American boys "away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."

• Like 1

grub update...

I ain't eating gladiolas like johnson there...

no sir!...

this morning had coffee and two delicious donuts from dunkin' donuts...

one of them was a donut with the hardened chocolate syrup on top and the other was one of them glazed chocolate donuts...

tonite I enjoyed two stouffers meatloaf TV dinners.

:D

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

grub update...

no sir!...

one was one of them donuts with the hardened chocolate syrup on top and the other was one of them glazed chocolate donuts...

Are those the ones with the mashed potatoes? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I kinda like the way LBJ is portrayed in The Right Stuff.

:lol:

Nip-- it's hard to believe that you're going All the Way with LBJ.

This guy wrote the book on being a Liberal Democrat.

You might want to rethink your admiration for him.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 9:59 PM, NipkowDisc said:

a violent insurrrection? figures.

"when you get to the bottom of the barrel like we are now, you use expediency." -george macready, seven days in may

liberals are losing and they sense it so what to do?

run amuck like the tolerant prizes they have always been.

:lol:

You acknowledge that with trump we are at the "bottom" of a very rotten and corrupt barrel.

I hope you are right about that assessment, but I remember thinking when GWB was in office that things couldn't get much worse, then trump was elected and proved me wrong... again.

You are correct when you say it is not about "Reps" or "Dems" as I see them as flip sides of the same very tarnished coin.

Most of us have long wished for a "change" for the "better." Many of us have hungered for any change at at all, and some of us have settled for the worst. 

History has shown us that (for better or worse) there are only two ways to change a government... From within, or from without. The latter most often involves armed revolution, and most frequently results in anarchy, followed by despotism.  And the "idea" (ideal) of a democratic republic is a historically rare and short-lived form of government, of which ours is the longest surviving "example."

Many of us, perhaps most of us have become disenchanted with the political system that pretends to "govern" us.
We have drifted so far from the original "ideal" that we can justifiably say that we have a "government of, by and for itself, and its wealthy corporate sponsors!" which negates the majority of the rest of us. 

This last election we almost had an opportunity to elect an instrument for "positive" change.

I carefully listened to the rhetoric of the candidates and contrasted it with the substance of the persons behind it.
I wanted Bernie to win. Not because he ran as a democrat, any more than perhaps you voted for trump because he ran as a republican, but I wanted someone who would be an instrument for what I fervently hoped would be positive change.
Bernie wanted a chance to "dismantle" and "rebuild" the corrupt structure that has become our government.
Like a termite infested house, there were some things that would have to be discarded, in order to save what was solid enough to be saveable. Bernie had a plan to tear down some and rebuild the rest. A new "sustainable" structure that would incorporate the best materials and design to preserve us as a nation unique among nations, and a positive role model for others. 

I despise the DNC complicity that denied him, and us, an opportunity to have such a change.

I didn't vote for Hillary, as that was no change at all, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for a man who promoted change without substance.
Trump's "plan" was simply to burn the whole house down and, like Nero, use the desolate space to build something grand and self-serving for himself and his elite. 

You and your ilk have reached a point where you at least admit that you don't (or no longer) care, one way or another, so long as the whole house burns down.
So you have unleashed a pyromaniac and fueled him with matches and gasoline to do the deed!
But you forget that which you wish to destroy shelters all of us!

That sounds like a "death wish" from someone with no hope or investment in the future.
That is the kind of attitude that, taken to extreme in irrational minds, leads a person to mass slaughter and suicide!

I think the most discernible difference between "die hard" trump supporters and most of the rest of us is that "they" have given up all hope that this government can still be changed from within, and so they have elected someone to be a "bomb" to indiscriminately blow it all up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

You and your ilk have reached a point where you at least admit that you don't (or no longer) care, one way or another, so long as the whole house burns down.
So you have unleashed a pyromaniac and fueled him with matches and gasoline to do the deed!

That sounds like a "death wish" from someone with no hope or investment in the future.
That is the kind of attitude that, taken to extreme in irrational minds, leads a person to mass slaughter and suicide!

I think the most discernible difference between "die hard" trump supporters and most of the rest of us is that "they" have given up all hope that this government can still be changed from within, and so they have elected someone to be a "bomb" to indiscriminately blow it all up.

I've made that same point on here before, that there was a substantial number of Trump supporters who just want the whole thing to come down, either in a nihilistic, anarchic death frenzy, or in order to rebuild from scratch (as if that would be possible without some sort of global calamity). 

When trying to reason with Nipkow, don't forget he's a true believer, and therefore doesn't think anything truly egregious can happen unless God wills it so, in which case, what are ya gonna do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Nip-- it's hard to believe that you're going All the Way with LBJ.

This guy wrote the book on being a Liberal Democrat.

You might want to rethink your admiration for him.

GLADIOLAS!:D

2 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

You acknowledge that with trump we are at the "bottom" of a very rotten and corrupt barrel.

I hope you are right about that assessment, but I remember thinking when GWB was in office that things couldn't get much worse, then trump was elected and proved me wrong... again.

You are correct when you say it is not about "Reps" or "Dems" as I see them as flip sides of the same very tarnished coin.

Most of us have long wished for a "change" for the "better." Many of us have hungered for any change at at all, and some of us have settled for the worst. 

History has shown us that (for better or worse) there are only two ways to change a government... From within, or from without. The latter most often involves armed revolution, and most frequently results in anarchy, followed by despotism.  And the "idea" (ideal) of a democratic republic is a historically rare and short-lived form of government, of which ours is the longest surviving "example."

Many of us, perhaps most of us have become disenchanted with the political system that pretends to "govern" us.
We have drifted so far from the original "ideal" that we can justifiably say that we have a "government of, by and for itself, and it's wealthy corporate sponsors!" which negates the majority of the rest of us. 

This last election we almost had an opportunity to elect an instrument for "positive" change.

I carefully listened to the rhetoric of the candidates and contrasted it with the substance of the persons behind it.
I wanted Bernie to win. Not because he ran as a democrat, any more than perhaps you voted for trump because he ran as a republican, but I wanted someone who would be an instrument for what I fervently hoped would be positive change.
Bernie wanted a chance to "dismantle" and "rebuild" the corrupt structure that has become our government.
Like a termite infested house, there were some things that would have to be discarded, in order to save what was solid enough to be saveable. Bernie had a plan to tear down some and rebuild the rest. A new "sustainable" structure that would incorporate the best materials and design to preserve us as a nation unique among nations, and a positive role model for others. 

I despise the DNC complicity that denied him, and us, an opportunity to have such a change.

I didn't vote for Hillary, as that was no change at all, but neither I couldn't bring myself to vote for a man who promoted change without substance.
Trump's plan was simply to burn the whole house down and, like Nero, use the desolate space to build something grand and self-serving for himself and his elite. 

But you forget that which you wish to destroy shelters all of us!

"I hope you don't...blow 'em up." -john wayne, el dorado

Image result for john wayne el dorado

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

grub update...

no sir!...

one of them was a donut with the hardened chocolate syrup on top and the other was one of them glazed chocolate donuts...

4431257078_4385a7a3f3_z.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

gross.

28 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

that's gonna smell up this whole thread.

Agree clean it up it's your t*u*r*d.

5a04d29e55623_REpElTP-Copy.jpg.0ca9d367ff0c49f3d7df4689b927a01a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump's apology tour is in full swing today.  In his speech to Asian leaders he said there was nothing wrong with China and every other country trying to rape America as they had it coming.  But now that he was on the scene the rape was going to stop.  

Hmm.  I wonder how all these nations feel about being accused of rape even if Trump says that he doesn't have a problem with it?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

trump used to word rape???:huh:

...and please be specific.:P:lol:

In his campaign he did.  He was talking about the same practise today so I used his old analogy of rape.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

then you were misleading. you tried to associate past campaign rhetoric with his current asia trip.:P

No.  He was talking about the same practice of America taking it up the .. by every country in the world.  The difference was he said it was (now) okay for them to do it as Obama was asking for it.

• Like 1