NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

9,543 posts in this topic

Tea Pain @TeaPainUSA 6h6 hours ago

Trump may think one bombin' raid makes him untouchable by the hand of justice.

Just remember, Nixon visited China, had a 70% approval ratin' and enjoyed a record landslide re-election.

Then he was gone.

-_-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian StelterVerified account @brianstelter

Brian Stelter Retweeted CNN

The kicker to my story: By 11:45pm Friday, MSNBC had resumed discussion of the investigations into Trump and his associates...

Brian Stelter added,

CNNVerified account @CNN
Until the #SyriaStrikes were announced, Friday's news was dominated by scandal https://cnn.it/2ISKQaE 
7:18 AM - 14 Apr 2018
------------------------------------------------------------------

John DeanVerified account @JohnWDean 6h6 hours ago

John Dean Retweeted Brian Stelter

Trump was only partially successful in wagging the dog. Pre-strike he was drowning in scandal, so the strike provided temporary high ground.

Nixon used natl security temporarily (repeatedly) to escape Watergate but it only worked for a few days.

Mueller and SDNY have much more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Tea Pain @TeaPainUSA 6h6 hours ago

Trump may think one bombin' raid makes him untouchable by the hand of justice.

Just remember, Nixon visited China, had a 70% approval ratin' and enjoyed a record landslide re-election.

Then he was gone.

-_-

Yeah, but it took him a year and a half to go.

:)

Michael Cohen and the End Stage of the Trump Presidency-

"....... This is the week we know, with increasing certainty, that we are entering the last phase of the Trump Presidency. This doesn’t feel like a prophecy; it feels like a simple statement of the apparent truth. .....

...There is no longer one major investigation into Donald Trump, focussed solely on collusion with Russia. There are now at least two, including a thorough review of Cohen’s correspondence. The information in his office and hotel room will likely make clear precisely how much the Trump family knew. What we already know is disturbing, and it is hard to imagine that the information prosecutors will soon learn will do anything but worsen the picture.

Of course Trump is raging and furious and terrified. Prosecutors are now looking at his core. Cohen was the key intermediary between the Trump family and its partners around the world; he was chief consigliere and dealmaker throughout its period of expansion into global partnerships with sketchy oligarchs. He wasn’t a slick politico who showed up for a few months. He knows everything, he recorded much of it, and now prosecutors will know it, too. It seems inevitable that much will be made public. We don’t know when. We don’t know the precise path the next few months will take. There will be resistance and denial and counterattacks. But it seems likely that, when we look back on this week, we will see it as a turning point. We are now in the end stages of the Trump Presidency.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/michael-cohen-and-the-end-stage-of-the-trump-presidency

:unsure:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:)

Michael Cohen and the End Stage of the Trump Presidency-

"....... This is the week we know, with increasing certainty, that we are entering the last phase of the Trump Presidency. This doesn’t feel like a prophecy; it feels like a simple statement of the apparent truth. .....

...There is no longer one major investigation into Donald Trump, focussed solely on collusion with Russia. There are now at least two, including a thorough review of Cohen’s correspondence. The information in his office and hotel room will likely make clear precisely how much the Trump family knew. What we already know is disturbing, and it is hard to imagine that the information prosecutors will soon learn will do anything but worsen the picture.

Of course Trump is raging and furious and terrified. Prosecutors are now looking at his core. Cohen was the key intermediary between the Trump family and its partners around the world; he was chief consigliere and dealmaker throughout its period of expansion into global partnerships with sketchy oligarchs. He wasn’t a slick politico who showed up for a few months. He knows everything, he recorded much of it, and now prosecutors will know it, too. It seems inevitable that much will be made public. We don’t know when. We don’t know the precise path the next few months will take. There will be resistance and denial and counterattacks. But it seems likely that, when we look back on this week, we will see it as a turning point. We are now in the end stages of the Trump Presidency.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/michael-cohen-and-the-end-stage-of-the-trump-presidency

:unsure:

if you doan mind I think I'll just wait a bit for the final verdict.

a lot can still happen or go awry depending on your point of view.

in the meantime our Donny is still there....

"Luuuke! Luuuuke!...do not underestimate the power of the emperor." -yoda, ROTJ

:D

Image result for supreme god emperor trump

On 4/12/2018 at 5:54 AM, NipkowDisc said:

champion of the common american

Image result for trump

The championing of himself only, Trump is THE most common and vulgar American to be president.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:37 AM, NipkowDisc said:

unlike in this country over in europe marionettes have long been considered an artform. the earlier gerry anderson shows like stingray and thunderbirds the marionettes were not anatomically proportioned correctly obviously but this was corrected starting with captain scarlet and as a result of the more realistic proportions the marionettes were far more difficult to manipulate by their operators.

Which is why in this country most thinking Americans cannot abide by the fact that Vladimir Putin placed a puppet in the U.S. presidency, and is pulling this marionette's strings to his own nefarious ends.

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Which is why in this country most thinking Americans cannot abide by the fact that Vladimir Putin placed a puppet in the U.S. presidency, and is pulling this marionette's strings to his own nefarious ends.

it could be no more complicated than putin hating hillary's living guts.

she ain't exacty petula clark you know.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, NipkowDisc said:

America's Courageous man of strength

Image result for trump

The image of Trump's reflection in the mirror seems to convey the bars that will most likely be keeping Trump incarcerated in the near future.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, mr6666 said:

Trump Tax Plan: 80 Percent of Economic Gains Will End Up Going to Foreigners, CBO Says

"..... The report found significant differences between projected GDP, which measures the level of production in the U.S., and gross national product, which measures the income earned by all Americans. If the economic impact from GDP is higher than GNP,  the difference between the two is income generated in the United States but going to foreigners. According to the CBO, on average 34 percent of income from the economic activity driven by the tax cuts is flowing out of the country, and in 2028, when the full effects of the tax cuts are in place, that number will increase to 80 percent. ....

http://www.newsweek.com/republican-tax-plan-donald-trump-cbo-884129

-_-

LOSING!!!

I've had a few very prophetic dreams in my life.  One can only hope this one keeps up the trend.    I was helping a disoriented gaga Donald Trump to the stage so he could announce his resignation!:D

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I've had a few very prophetic dreams in my life.  One can only hope this one keeps up the trend.    I was helping a disoriented gaga Donald Trump to the stage so he could announce his resignation!:D

Do you really want the Eve Harrington who is waiting in the wings - Mike Pence?  He's actually a real politician and might possibly get elected in 2020. I'll settle for veto proof Dem majorities in both houses of Congress. They can pass bills all the live long day and Trump can't do anything to stop them.

1 minute ago, calvinnme said:

Do you really want the Eve Harrington who is waiting in the wings - Mike Pence?  He's actually a real politician and might possibly get elected in 2020. I'll settle for veto proof Dem majorities in both houses of Congress. They can pass bills all the live long day and Trump can't do anything to stop them.

Yes I would prefer the doorstop piece-of-wood Mike Pence who has no hope of winning in 2020 because he has no personality.  Trump is insane and dangerous.  Pence is crazy too but I don't think he is the type to take down the world just because he is being threatened personally.  Trump, as they said would set the kingdom on fire if that was the way to cook his eggs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

Yes I would prefer the doorstop piece-of-wood Mike Pence who has no hope of winning in 2020 because he has no personality.  Trump is insane and dangerous.  Pence is crazy too but I don't think he is the type to take down the world just because he is being threatened personally.  Trump, as they said would set the kingdom on fire if that was the way to cook his eggs.

Yes, you do have a point about "Citizen Insane". I still want my veto proof majorities though. :)

• Like 1

Trump is not going to resign - it is not in his personality makeup.  Not to mention that he sees no reason to resign -  he is very successful as president.  

Pence could win in 2020 - after all Trump who nobody, including Trump, expected to win, did win.

As for Dem veto proof majorities, not going to happen any time soon.  While Dems could win House and/or Senate, it would not be by veto proof majorities.  When is the last time either party had a veto proof majority?

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

Robert De Niro's Robert Mueller to Ben Stiller's Michael Cohen: “You broke the law. And now we’re going to catch all of you little fockers, you got that?” https://thebea.st/2JOwr0C  #SNL

https://www.thedailybeast.com/snl-robert-de-niros-robert-mueller-interrogates-ben-stillers-michael-cohen?via=twitter_page

VoYWXrZ_?format=jpg&name=600x314

" Are you talking to Mueller? "

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Re:

VoYWXrZ_?format=jpg&name=600x314

During the 1960's?? 

The sketch was referencing a scene from Meet the Parents. It wasn't intended to be technically cutting edge.

meet-the-parents.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, Bogie56 said:

"these could be my last morning with eggs so you mind letting me eat them in peace?"

:D

Related image

• Haha 1

De Niro also looks like the late, unlamented Jerry Falwell.

Maybe administering the Is I or Ain't I Gay Test.