NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

11,563 posts in this topic

Naomi KleinVerified account @NaomiAKlein 3h3 hours ago

Anyone else feeling pummeled by the triple whammy of the IPCC climate report,

Brazil's election results

+ the f-u of the Kavanaugh's appointment?

It all feels connected somehow: greed cooking our planet,

elites pitting us against each other,

while wrapping themselves in impunity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Forget all the noise. Trump's true story is simple and clear and not disputed by Trump, himself.

- His father created a company built on decades of tax fraud

- After dad died, Trump kept the same people, running the same kinds of schemes

- Trump's major addition to the family business was to expand the business to suspect figures around the world

- Trump used the same techniques of his father -- secret shell companies, accounting irregularities -- to protect himself politically as candidate and president

- Colluding with the Russians would have been entirely in keeping with Trump's practices. But even if we never prove that he did, he is the head of what appears to be a multi-generational criminal enterprise.

- If Democrats take the House and/or several key state AG races, they will use subpoena power to reveal much more about the workings of this company. - At every step, the truth has shocked even those (like me) who thought they were prepared for the worst.

- Six months from now, I predict, the whole operation will be laid bare and will truly shock.

- Yes. Maybe, the GOP will do nothing. That's what everyone tells me. But I still believe that there will be some moment when something is revealed that forces all to see the truth.

- There is profound legal risk for the Trump family. They could lose much of their money and some could go to jail.

- The incentive for non-Trumps to flip will only increase, while the value of flipping will decrease, forcing something of a rush.

- Trump's response will likely be ever-more aggressive and crazy.

- In short, 2019 promises to be many times more insane, terrifying, high-stakes, than anything we've seen so far.

- My gut tells me there will be a breaking point, even for GOP sycophants.

- But I know that the GOP turning on Trump, even at the very worse, is far from certain.

- If they back him, all the way down, I fear for what will be left of our nation.

- We ain't seen nothing yet.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Like father like son.....

• Sad 1

"I'm the head of the MAGA, the biggest crime syndicate around. I'm 300 pounds of solid muscle!

I'm the smartest and when I choose to be, I'm the meanest! no one can stand up to the power of the Kingpin and live!...

now get to work."

Image result for the kingpin marvel

:)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Since Taylor Swift encouraged her 112 million Instagram followers to register to vote, http://Vote.org  has experienced an unprecedented flood of new voter registrations nationwide

In Swift’s home state of Tennessee, where she voiced support for two Democratic candidates running in this year's midterms, voter registrations have also jumped

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiarosenbaum/taylor-swift-voter-registration-spike?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

RveJSZNy?format=jpg&name=600x314

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

“ ‘We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift's post,’ said Kamari Guthrie [of Vote.org]...For context, 190,178 new voters were registered nationwide in the entire month of September, while 56,669 were registered in August.”

Women are wonderful!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Thanks to trump's tariffs, Ford will be cutting 24,000 jobs.

Thanks trump!

• Haha 1

Donald Trump, Brett Kavanaugh, and the Rule of Pampered Princelings

".....from the late John M. Olin and Richard Mellon Scaife in the ’80s and ’90s to Charles and David Koch and Rebekah Mercer today. These are the key figures who bankrolled the think tanks, financed the extreme free-market university programs, and funded the tea party shock troops that moved the Republican Party so far to the right that Trump could stomp in and grab it.

It was their project that created a fake consensus about the need for the radical deregulating of markets and dismantling of environmental protections, for lowering corporate taxes and eliminating the “death tax” — and paying for it all by dismantling so-called entitlements.

It was an effort that always required harnessing the emotional power of racism (think “welfare queens”), as well as the parallel construction of a highly racialized system of mass incarceration to warehouse the poor (and profit from them, of course). The Trump presidency — never mind the economic populism he bellowed on the election trail— is the near-perfect embodiment of this agenda...

But what must it take to pour large parts of a fortune that came to you by accident of birth into a relentless campaign of further affirmative action for the rich?

How exactly do you rationalize being lifted up by an intricate latticework of familial and social supports (tutors, prep schools, connections at the best universities, entry-level executive jobs, capital to play with), and then setting about shredding the meager safety net available to those without your good luck?

.....what Trump is offering to his base: Their birth will never reward them with anything like the hundreds of millions showered on the Trumps. But they are being invited to share in their own, albeit more modest, birthright entitlements as white, middle-class Americans. They are being invited to be on the winning team, “taking our country back” from any and all invaders and threats, from immigrants taking “our” jobs to women bearing damaging stories against “our” sons.

That is the grand bargain: Trump gets to fully claim his inheritance as a scion of wealth and his base gets to claim their inheritance as white citizens of a Christian, patriarchal nation....

have to believe there is something inherently superior about your family. And even if it is left unsaid, you also have to believe the corollary — that there is something inherently inferior about the people who would benefit from those taxes. Just as you deserve your unearned place at the top, so others must deserve theirs at the bottom — they are “bad hombres,” come from “****-hole countries,” and so on.  All the easier to abuse, deport, even torture ...

When elites indulge their ugliest beliefs about their divine right to keep winning, it trickles down, giving their supporters license to assume their own imagined superior status — over anyone who seems sufficiently undefended.

..... All of this was foretold. Almost two years ago, Trump held his first television interview after the 2016 elections. It was for “60 Minutes,” and he lined up the entire family on golden, throne-like chairs. That should have been our first clue that American capitalism was entering a new stage: the Age of the Pampered Princeling.

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/10/donald-trump-inherited-wealth/

• Thanks 2

NPRVerified account @NPR 2h2 hours ago

In his op-ed, President Trump tries to play on fears of seniors — who vote in large numbers

— with a claim that any effort to improve health security for younger Americans must come at their expense, writes NPR's Scott Horsley.

But that is a false choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FACT CHECK: Trump's False Claims (aka Lies) On 'Medicare For All'

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/10/656249981/fact-check-trumps-false-claims-on-medicare-for-all?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2038

:rolleyes:

• Sad 1

On 10/9/2018 at 6:19 PM, NipkowDisc said:

"I'm the head of the MAGA, the biggest crime syndicate around. I'm 300 pounds of solid muscle!

I'm the smartest and when I choose to be, I'm the meanest! no one can stand up to the power of the Kingpin and live!...

now get to work."

Come on now Nip.....you know your big man Dotard Trump claims his weight is 239 lbs, shaving off 100 lbs in the process.  Although I think you stating he weighs 300 lbs. is a good compromise, and definitely closer to the truth.  And he is probably as close to bald if he stopped trying to comb-over.  As for being the head of a crime family, that is totally true, and Mueller will show the extent of it in the present, as the NY Times has recently shown the criminal past in the Trump Crime Family.

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

I wonder if these laid off Ford workers think that trump is winning for them?

But you would have to say, any Ford labor union member who voted for trump certainly is getting what he or she deserves.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

‘Trump has had contacts with the Russian mafia for 35 years’: Investigative reporter Craig Unger

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/trump-contacts-russian-mafia-35-years-investigative-reporter-craig-unger/

AN0oOhiN?format=jpg&name=600x314

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

White House Aides ‘Hugely Embarrassed’ By Trump’s Lunch With Kanye: NYT Reporter

“I heard from other West Wing aides who were hugely embarrassed that that had happened, thought that was not a good look, that this is not a rock concert,” said Maggie Haberman.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hugely-embarrassed-trump-kanye-maggie-haberman_us_5bc0cc74e4b01a01d68a57e0?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

8-yzhRM7?format=jpg&name=600x314

On 10/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, jakeem said:

BREAKING: Dow Jones industrials fall more than 500 points as stocks suffer second day of huge losses.

Stocks are tumbling for a second straight day, with the Dow Jones industrials falling as much as 2.5 percent and the benchmark S&P 500 suffering a similar decline.

https://apnews.com/f884ea79459842a9a74d3eceba34c9b7?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:561d18c64ad742e681352d9e0debbb3b/400.jpeg

is this enough winning for you?

• Sad 1

patience, princess of tap, patience. let us wait until the evening of November 6 and then we will react.

"either we're through or were bigger than we ever have been!" 

Image result for edward arnold mr. smith goes to washington

Related image

doan mess with the best.

Related image

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

patience, princess of tap, patience. let us wait until the evening of November 6 and then we will react.

"either we're through or were bigger than we ever have been!" 

Image result for edward arnold mr. smith goes to washington

Related image

doan mess with the best.

Related image

My favorite scene in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" is when the corrupt senator tries to commit suicide by shooting himself because he knows he's not worthy the people's house.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:19 PM, NipkowDisc said:

Last time I saw a guy like that he was issuing orders for one of these. :blink::P

art-performance_art-artist-concrete_shoe

• Haha 1

Kenneth P. VogelVerified account @kenvogel

SCOOP: The TRUMP campaign is marketing its database of 20M supporters' personal data for rent to campaigns, PACs & even private businesses.

It appears to be the 1st time a sitting @POTUS facing reelection has partnered with a list broker to do this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/politics/trump-political-data.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

Facts Do Matter @WilDonnelly 1h1 hour ago

The Grifter-in-Chief is now selling the personal information of his supporters to other political campaigns,

and to private businesses.

Any con artist who wants a mailing list of 20 million gullible marks

- this is the list for you!

:lol:

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, Princess of Tap said:

A lesson learned from a former slave, who freed a thousand slaves,

Harriet Tubman.....

sick! absolutely sick!...

because Harriet Tubman woulda been sickened by the thought of women treating life in the womb like throwaway garbage..even if it were the result of rape by white men. she woulda told women that hatred of the unborn children in their wombs was indicative of the defeat of themselves as human individuals and a triumph of inhumanity.

in the face of tribulation you do not surrender and give in to evil but you persevere. she woulda counseled them to never give up on life, theirs or anyones. she would not have advised women to be contemptuous of life at any level because such a woman understood and appreciated all facets of human freedom.

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

sick! absolutely sick!...

because Harriet Tubman woulda been sickened at the thought of women treating life in the womb like throwaway garbage..even if it were the result of rape by white men. she woulda told women that hatred of the unborn child in the womb was indicative of the defeat of the human individual and a triumph of inhumanity.

Ridiculous. You don't know what Harriet Tubman would have said.

But I will tell you what she did tell Abraham Lincoln. She told him he needed to get going on the Emancipation Proclamation because it would keep the southern slaves from aiding and abetting the Confederacy and, it would also maybe encourage them to join the Union effort.

20 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

My favorite scene in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" is when the corrupt senator tries to commit suicide by shooting himself because he knows he's not worthy the people's house.

only problem is that only happens in the world of the idealistic Hollywood filmmaker and usually not in the real world.

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

only problem is that only happens in the world of the idealistic Hollywood filmmaker and usually not in the real world.

Suicides by prominent people are very common in our society today.

Suicides by everyday Ordinary People are very common in our society today.

24 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

an Ridiculous. You don't know what Harriet Tubman would have said.

But I will tell you what she did tell Abraham Lincoln. She told him he needed to get going on the Emancipation Proclamation because it would keep the southern slaves from aiding and abetting the Confederacy and, it would also maybe encourage them to join the Union effort.

I do not believe that a 19th century former negro slave woman woulda saw her own liberation and desire to liberate others merely as a stepping stone to degrade the value of human life, living or unborn otherwise such an intuitive woman woulda asked herself what the point of the expenditure of her mental energies was all for. you pro-choice advocates have been so confused for so long that you attribute abortion as an act of human liberty which is misguided to the point of being sick. abortion is the destruction of human life in the womb to suit the convenience of the woman and her desire to evade certain moral responsibilities. why do you think the men responsible for their conditions aid and abet it? they too seek to evade responsibility. that is why the whole issue is an abdication of basic humanity and it's responsibilities.

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I do not believe that a 19th century former negro slave woman woulda saw her own liberation and desire to liberate others merely as a stepping stone to degrade the value of human life, living or unborn otherwise such an intuitive woman woulda asked herself what the point of the expenditure of her mental energies was all for. you pro-choice advocates have been so confused for so long that you attribute abortion as act of human liberty qhich is misguided to the point of being sick. abortion is the destruction of human life in the womb to suit the convenience of the woman and her desire to evade certain moral responsibilities. why do you think the men responsible for their conditions aid and abet it? they too seek to evade responsibility. that is why the whole issue is an abdication of basic humanity and it's responsibilities.

Next you'll be telling me what Cleopatra thought of the assassination of Julius Caesar.

And I don't even think we know what Eddie Fisher thought about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's performances in" Cleopatra".

Nippy-- you're starting to remind me of Mr. Peabody and Sherman on "Bullwinkle" who went on the Wayback Machine to find out what was going on in history.....LOL

• Thanks 1

Kenneth P. VogelVerified account @kenvogel

NEW: SAUDI ARABIA has paid nearly $9M to lobbying firms so far this year.

But at least one firm ended its contract today, & others are considering following suit, as the country faces mounting backlash over its alleged assassination of JAMAL KHASHOGGI.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/politics/saudi-arabia-business-risks.html 

DpQ-bCMVsAIFma-.jpg