NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

12,626 posts in this topic

This was in the ad for the upcoming A&E's "The Trump Dynasty".  We can better understand why he is.

Frederick Trump.....There are killers and losers! (Guess that means...Take no prisoners)

The Men Who Gave Trump His Brutal Worldview

From  Michael D’Antonio, Trump's biographer.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-donald-trump-brutal-worldview-father-coach-213750

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

This was in the ad for the upcoming A&E's "The Trump Dynasty".  We can better understand why he is.

Frederick Trump.....There are killers and losers! (Guess that means...Take no prisoners)

The Men Who Gave Trump His Brutal Worldview

From  Michael D’Antonio, Trump's biographer.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-donald-trump-brutal-worldview-father-coach-213750

Al Capone's only child, Albert Francis Capone, who was nicknamed Sonny, spent a lot of time with his father privately and in public as his dad was a big-time Chicago celeb.

In school Sonny was bullied for being the son of a gangster.

Despite his Infamous and notorious father, Sonny did not become a gangster himself or as far as we know have anything to do with the crime world.

He went to high school in Miami, where his best friend was Desi Arnaz. He went on to college, later married several times and had children. His whole response to the whole thing was to eventually change his name to Brown and go on living like an ordinary citizen until his death in 2004.

As so many people can attest, just because your father was a baddie or nasty that's no excuse for you to follow in his footsteps.

In fact many children who have problematic fathers often respond by going in the opposite direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most tycoons i.e. Bill Gates, Koch Brothers didn't got where they are by being nice.  It's the nature of the beast (corporate world). Sad but that's the reality. Trump is NOT a politician, got to thinking back when Ross Perot ran for president (what would happen if a non-politican ran) 

Re:

DzoBCcXW0AIYSCY.png

If you don't wear a hood, does that make one a half Klans(wo)man? :huh:

Getting a kick out of the one on the left wearing a sailor hat.  :lol:

I'm Polina the sailor...{toot toot} ♫

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Al Capone's only child, Albert Francis Capone, who was nicknamed Sonny, spent a lot of time with his father privately and in public as his dad was a big-time Chicago celeb.

In school Sonny was bullied for being the son of a gangster.

Despite his Infamous and notorious father, Sonny did not become a gangster himself or as far as we know have anything to do with the crime world.

He went to high school in Miami, where his best friend was Desi Arnaz. He went on to college, later married several times and had children. His whole response to the whole thing was to eventually change his name to Brown and go on living like an ordinary citizen until his death in 2004.

As so many people can attest, just because your father was a baddie or nasty that's no excuse for you to follow in his footsteps.

In fact many children who have problematic fathers often respond by going in the opposite direction.

True but sometimes they try to follow then realize this is not the life for me.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/john-gotti-jr

john-gotti-with-junior.jpg

11-year-old Florida boy arrested for refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance

"... The teacher, who was filling in on February 4, asked her sixth-grade class to stand and recite the pledge, but the student refused, reportedly telling the substitute teacher that the flag was racist, and adding that the National Anthem was offensive to black people. .....

The substitute challenged the boy, saying in a statement to the district that she told the student, “Why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live?”

He answered, saying, “they brought me here.”

She pressed the issue, “Well you can always go back, because I came here from Cuba and the day I feel I’m not welcome here anymore I would find another place to live.”

“Then I had to call the office because I did not want to continue dealing with him,” the substitute teacher said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/11-year-old-florida-boy-arrested-refusing-stand-pledge-allegiance/

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

11-year-old Florida boy arrested for refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance

"... The teacher, who was filling in on February 4, asked her sixth-grade class to stand and recite the pledge, but the student refused, reportedly telling the substitute teacher that the flag was racist, and adding that the National Anthem was offensive to black people. .....

The substitute challenged the boy, saying in a statement to the district that she told the student, “Why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live?”

He answered, saying, “they brought me here.”

She pressed the issue, “Well you can always go back, because I came here from Cuba and the day I feel I’m not welcome here anymore I would find another place to live.”

“Then I had to call the office because I did not want to continue dealing with him,” the substitute teacher said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/11-year-old-florida-boy-arrested-refusing-stand-pledge-allegiance/

Substitute teachers needs to be taught regardling the law.

Excerpt...

Since 1943, the law has been clear that public school students cannot be forced to recite or otherwise participate in the Pledge of Allegiance against their will.

https://aclu-or.org/en/news/students-not-required-participate-pledge-allegiance

Need to elaborate, the arrest was made by the school's resource officer (SRO) whom may have viewed the situation as a disciplinary issue instead of legal free speech.

Their role in schools (things have gotten this bad :()

https://ips-dc.org/schools-need-resources-not-school-resource-officers/

Edited by hamradio
Typo
  • Thanks 2

Texas TribuneVerified account @TexasTribune Feb 16

75% of people in Texas jails have not been convicted of any crime. Many can’t afford bail.

Those defendants sit in jail, waiting, while others who can pay go free. #txlege

======================================

Courts have called Texas bail practices unconstitutional. Will that push this year's reform efforts to success?

Two years after a bail reform bill died in the Legislature, new bail legislation has other factors working in its favor.

"........To illustrate what he considers a flawed system, he cited the case of a grandmother who was kept in jail for about two months on a $150,000 bond after allegedly shoplifting $105 worth of clothes for her grandchildren.

The bipartisan legislation filed Monday aims to help poor, low-level defendants get out of jail on free bonds and keep in jail those thought to be flight risks or threats to public safety. The proposed risk-assessment tool would have to be used within two days of arrest to help judges determine the defendant’s level of risk based on criminal history, not just the current offense. The bills are similar to last session’s, when legislation passed the Senate but died before reaching the House floor.

Whitmire blamed his 2017 bill’s failure on the powerful bail bond industry,.............

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/04/bail-reform-texas-legislature-bills-filed/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1549649774&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1549892713&utm_content=1549996550&utm_content=1550257744

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Most tycoons i.e. Bill Gates, Koch Brothers didn't got where they are by being nice.  It's the nature of the beast (corporate world). Sad but that's the reality. Trump is NOT a politician, got to thinking back when Ross Perot ran for president (what would happen if a non-politican ran) 

The Koch brothers got where they are by being born.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, jakeem said:

"He told me he was so close to starting a big war with North Korea," Trump says of Obama. But Obama aides say he never told them that nor were military options under serious consideration.

President Trump has been telling audiences that President Barack Obama was on the precipice of an all-out confrontation with the nuclear-armed North Korea.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Peter Baker

We should highly question the mental stability of a president of the United States who would lie about whether the United States had been on the verge of starting “World War III” with another state possessing nuclear weapons.

trump is never going to get over Obama being president--

maybe I should also say the same thing about trump's racist base. LMREO

• Thanks 1

Looks like there is something Trump and Obama shares in common.

Obamaingreenwood.jpg

Michele like her eggs frozen. 

• Haha 1

trump continues to rein in his beloved white house despite those who plan to rob him of his legitimate office...

leftist loons continue to show themselves like warren, harris and booker...

booker talks unconvincingly about the love he has brimming in his heart for those who disagree with him...

yeah right....:lol:

but there is this....

a world without room for the trumps is a world which will return to the sand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 39m39 minutes ago

This is really important: is everyone processing that, across two tweets today—considered official presidential statements

—the President of the United States falsely accused the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice of secretly plotting a "treasonous" "coup"?

The conversation between McCabe and Rosenstein

—a necessary running through of potential options under historically idiosyncratic circumstances created by Trump—led nowhere.

That Trump is raging against it two years on is a sign Trump is afraid of *what's coming*,

not the past.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump plans to spend the next year making everything we do -- from eating to driving to working -- more dangerous: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/trump-plans-spend-next-year-making-everything-eating-driving-working-dangerous-report/

9CbRRv8f?format=jpg&name=600x314

Consequences for voters and non-voters alike.. . 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Good Jobs Nation @GoodJobsNation 11h11 hours ago

AT&T just CONFIRMED its going to start massive layoffs in the US.

Dzp3ggZWoAQ4ZfS.jpg

There seems to be more  consolidation / down sizing with AT&T since the merger with Time Warner.   During the last seven years, AT&T has closed 44 call centers, according to the Communications Workers of America labor union. 

I got an email stating the Directv statement will now be called myAT&T along with a new account number.  EVERYONE'S subscriber fees besides AT&T raised this year. :angry: 

Need to change their slogan....Reach out and screw someone.

reach-out.jpg

• Sad 1

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 3m3 minutes ago

According to The New York Times, President Trump asked new acting AG Whitaker

whether Geoffrey S. Berman, the US attorney for the Southern District of NY and a Trump ally,

could be put in charge of the Michael Cohen probe.

========================================

Rick WilsonVerified account @TheRickWilson 1h1 hour ago

If Donald Trump asked Whitaker to interfere in the Cohen investigation with the sdny,

we've entered some brand new obstruction of justice territory.

It doesn't matter if Whitaker didn't do it.

It matters that Trump asked.

<_< 

• Sad 1

Laura JarrettVerified account @LauraAJarrett

McCabe confirms for first time to @SavannahGuthrie on Today that

the FBI informed the Gang 8 in May 2017 the FBI had opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump

and "no one objected. Not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds, and not based on the facts."

4:52 AM - 19 Feb 2019
------------------------------------------------------------
( "Gang of Eight" consists of the top two leaders from each party in each chamber of Congress. Representatives around the time of the 2017 meeting would have included Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), then-Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and then-House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi )
  • Like 1