NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

12,611 posts in this topic

From DNC emails to hush money payments: What did Cohen say?

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen delivers 'explosive' testimony before House Committee on Oversight and Reform.

............Cohen was mostly calm and contrite under the heated questioning from Republicans, and cautioned them not to make the same mistake he did in protecting Trump.

"I did the same thing as you're doing now, for 10 years. I protected Mr Trump for 10 years," Cohen told the committee hearing.

"The more people that follow Mr Trump as I did blindly are going to suffer the same consequences that I am suffering."..........

Michael Cohen: "I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience. I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.

He is a racist. He is a con man. He is a cheat." ..........

Cohen said Trump on multiple occasions inquired about the Moscow real estate project while telling the public he had no business dealings in Russia.

"He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars," Cohen said.

During his closing remarks, Cohen said he fears Trump will not allow his successor to peacefully take control of the White House if he loses 2020 presidential election. 

"Given my experience working for Mr Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/dnc-emails-hush-money-payments-cohen-190227214915882.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c7721094b73850001dc26f3&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

<_<

• Thanks 1

Cohen attacked but Uncontradicted-

Republicans on the House Oversight Committee impugned the integrity of Trump’s former lawyer

—but failed to defend the president from his key charges.

"......The Republican case against Cohen was to reiterate over and over that Cohen is a convicted liar. As he is.

As are Trump’s campaign chairman, Trump’s deputy campaign chair, and Trump’s first national security adviser. It’s bold to cite the criminality of so many of Trump’s associates—and maybe more to come—as proof of Trump’s innocence.

And obviously the Republican committee members know it.

None of them would dare say that Trump is truthful.....

Cohen’s testimony may not all prove correct. But all of it is plausible

—and not a word of it has been contradicted, let alone refuted. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/michael-cohen/583783/

<_<

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

Rep. Paul Gosar: "You're a pathological liar! You don't know truth from falsehood."

Michael Cohen: "Sir, I'm sorry, are you referring to me or the president?"

Image result for rep. paul gosar michael cohen hearing

Republican focus on discrediting Cohen leaves little time to defend Trump Via @rachaelmbade

“Truthfully, it is tough to ignore some of the gross immoral behavior by the president,” said one senior House Republican who requested anonymity to speak frankly. “The reason there was no defense is because there is no defense.”

mRscrHjw?format=jpg&name=600x314

MSNBC’s Morning Joe lays waste to ‘shameless’ Republicans covering up Trump’s ‘crimes and misdemeanors’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/msnbcs-morning-joe-lays-waste-shameless-republicans-covering-trumps-crimes-misdemeanors/

2KtpQhVk?format=png&name=600x314

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Analysis: It may have been one of the worst weeks of Trump's presidency, concentrated in just a few harrowing days.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-learns-limits-personal-power-home-beyond-n977921?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

nsAwo6ze?format=jpg&name=600x314

19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Senate Republicans are offering a choice to the president: Withdraw your national emergency declaration at the border or face a potential rebellion from the GOP

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/28/lamar-alexander-trump-national-emergency-1196748

9O02Welg?format=jpg&name=600x314

trump is a racist, a con man and a liar.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

My Pillow founder rouses CPAC with ‘Jesus’ rant: Trump is the ‘greatest president’ because he was ‘chosen by God’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/pillow-founder-rouses-cpac-jesus-rant-trump-greatest-president-chosen-god/?fbclid=IwAR2gcRgpg83uRfKhp1Bz4SUFMYpTVnuc9u70tNqZn5CY0foRNIbM9K

giphy.gif

Sorry I don't buy Mike's story about My Pillow's heavenly softness. Heard his pillow is a pain in the neck like waking up to him in your medicine cabinet every mourning.

my-pillow-premium-best-sleep-of-your-lif

PS... I thought Trump was chosen by Electoral Vote. :huh::D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Rep. Elijah Cummings accused the White House of stonewalling their demands for documents and witnesses relating to its security clearance process.

He also warned that this would be the White House’s last chance to comply before the panel issues subpoenas

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/01/cummings-security-clearance-kushner-1198605

pXO5G4Cf?format=jpg&name=600x314

50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Exclusive: House Ways and Means Cmte. is readying a request for years of President Trump’s personal tax returns that is expected to land at the IRS as early as the next few weeks, according to congressional aides involved in the process.

Chairman Neal has asked the cmte.’s attorneys to prepare the request, according to two aides. Neal has also contacted the chairs of several other House committees, asking them to provide detailed arguments for why they need the president’s tax returns to conduct their probes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-democrats-prepare-effort-request-trump-tax-returns-n978246?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

VY86m040?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Putrid presidency

• Thanks 1

and what if cummings doan get nothing?

is he gonna fry an omelet on top of his bald head?

:lol:

pXO5G4Cf?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, jakeem said:

On 2/27/2019 at 8:41 AM, jakeem said:

Here are the checks Michael Cohen says he obtained from President Trump reimbursing him for the illegal hush-money payment to Stormy Daniels. One is drawn on Trump's personal account, the other on his revocable trust (which owns Trump's private businesses).

D0aebYUX4AA02nw.jpg

D0aeeyMW0AAHj6r.jpg

• Like 1

Martyn McLaughlinVerified account @MartynMcL

.@realDonaldTrump's golf resort in Aberdeen has been ordered to pay the Scottish Government's legal costs

after Trump's failed court attempt to block a major wind power development.

==================================

David FahrentholdVerified account @Fahrenthold 7h7 hours ago

This morning, @realDonaldTrump tweeted about his Scottish golf course.

It's a beautiful place that's brought him a lot of trouble: 5 yrs of losses, $70M in sunk cash.

Now a court has ordered that Trump pay the Scottish Govt.'s legal fees, after they beat him in court.

:lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

On 2/27/2019 at 9:55 AM, jakeem said:

Cohen: While demanding that Obama's college grades be released, Trump "directed me to threaten his high school, his colleges, and the College Board to never release his grades or SAT scores."

D0aYGwuWwAA3iaG.jpg

On 2/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, jakeem said:

Trump mostly attacked Obama on his college applications and transcripts because he suggested they would show he was born outside the U.S.

But he also suggested it would show Obama was a bad student.

White supremacy won't hold up with those poor transcripts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

This is starting to get good.

• Haha 1

:)

Judd LegumVerified account @JuddLegum

House Judiciary Committee to issue document requests on Monday to 60 different people and entities connected to Trump to

"begin the investigations to present the case to the American people about obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

POLITICOVerified account @politico

Sen. Mark Warner said lawmakers have found "enormous amounts of evidence"

into potential collusion between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and Russia

:unsure:

There is no crime called 'collusion' so if that is all Warner has,  the Dems will look silly.

There needs to be evidence of obstruction of justice,  conspiracy,  illegal use of campaign funds etc...

IF Warner has seen such evidence why mention the vague BS 'collusion' instead of these specific crimes?????