NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

14,354 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, TomJH said:

I wonder how many of them may have signed non disclosure agreements saying that they would not make critical comments of Trump while he was in the White House or, possibly, after as well. Isn't Trump known to have insisted that some employees of his signs these forms?

Yes, but it's also been repeatedly asserted by legal experts that those NDA's hold no legal weight.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomJH said:

I wonder how many of them may have signed non disclosure agreements saying that they would not make critical comments of Trump while he was in the White House or, possibly, after as well. Isn't Trump known to have insisted that some employees of his signs these forms?

Those happen when the person receives money and the NDA says they lose the money if they talk.  Would not apply in this situation.

Have to ask a lawyer, but an NDA is a contract.  Therefore if the person talks, they have broken the contract so they can be sued for restitution.

We are talking about government employees who "resigned," not people who were fired and were given money to be quiet about what they knew.  I don't think NDA's would have happened in this situation.

• Thanks 1

Based on the attack on Saudi Arabia, which may have an impact on oil prices, I have authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount....

....sufficient to keep the markets well-supplied.

I have also informed all appropriate agencies to expedite approvals of the oil pipelines currently

in the permitting process in Texas and various other States.
<_<
  • Sad 1

Trump to propose ‘narrower definition’ for water protection

The Trump administration this week rolled back Obama-era regulations on the Clean Water Act, which was established to limit the amount of pollution in U.S. bodies of water and to protect sources of drinking water. Critics called the regulations an example of government overreach. ......

it's just expected to be a much narrower definition of what gets this federal protection, so wetlands are not expected to be included for the large part. The Obama rule included protection for underground bodies of water.

So you know if you had a stream that drained underground into a larger body of water that counted. Those are not expected to be protected under the new rules. So there's a lot of sort of smaller bodies of water and wetlands that will not be subject to federal protection under the expected Trump rule, which they're saying they'll put out by the end of the year. .........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-to-propose-narrower-definition-for-water-protection?utm_source=twitter&amp;utm_medium=pbsofficial&amp;utm_campaign=newshour

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Based on the attack on Saudi Arabia, which may have an impact on oil prices, I have authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount....

....sufficient to keep the markets well-supplied.

I have also informed all appropriate agencies to expedite approvals of the oil pipelines currently

in the permitting process in Texas and various other States.
<_<
"I have also informed all appropriate agencies to expedite approvals of the oil pipelines currently

in the permitting process in Texas and various other States."
The above is the real purpose of this Trump tweet.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

They should call it the Bamboozle award now.   Good story, BTW.   Is America beyond redemption? 

I really don't know if large entities like countries can be redeemed or if that idea can even be applied.

I don't worry about it too much, because an individual can only redeem him or her self.

I think this shows that Kavanaugh was kind of creepy back in the day, something he doesn't like to

admit now that he a SC justice. He did the Clarence Thomas routine. Don't just calmly refute the

charges, yell and cry and talk about how it was all a conspiracy against poor old me. Basically

the guy is just a grown up scumbag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2019 at 11:17 PM, hamradio said:

Filling in for pro gay Elton John? :huh::lol:

Think he would look better as a Liberace. :P

donald-trump-music-aerosmith-queen-tiffa

Pro-gay Elton John oh, what is that supposed to mean? Elton John is gay.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Pro-gay Elton John oh, what is that supposed to mean? Elton John is gay.

I said Trump being pro gay (from that photo satire). :lol:

35 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I said Trump being pro gay (from that photo satire). :lol:

Well Donald Trump did attend Elton John's ""wedding"" (or "Union" is a more apt descriptor).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ever notice how some members who don't even live in the United States are critical of everything American, except classic movies?  Then they take offense if Americans on the forum take issue with their comments.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Ever notice how some members who don't even live in the United States are critical of everything American, except classic movies?  Then they take offense if Americans on the forum take issue with their comments.

Who on earth could you be referring to?  Are you against my right to post on this forum?  If so, please take it up with the moderator.  Your comment here is completely out of line and you should take it back.  I have accused you before of being a bully.  Don't try to prove my point.

And your characterization of my being critical of everything American except classic movies is so off-the-mark as to be both ludicrous and highly insulting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I like Elizabeth Warren and many of the other Democrat candidates but I guess that doesn't count with TheCid because they are not HIS type of Americans.

And as for taking offence at his comments - other than those above which are PERSONAL shots - this is what I have to say:

I post something

TheCid replies disagreeing with said post.

I respond to TheCid disagreeing with his post.

TheCid flips out that I am taking offence and shouldn't even be posting because I do not live in America.

Perhaps this is how it should work to save the peace.  Post.  Response to Post.  Counter-response and then move on.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Who on earth could you be referring to?  Are you against my right to post on this forum?  If so, please take it up with the moderator.  Your comment here is completely out of line and you should take it back.  I have accused you before of being a bully.  Don't try to prove my point.

And your characterization of my being critical of everything American except classic movies is so off-the-mark as to be both ludicrous and highly insulting.

Who was the first to accuse someone of not having a sense of humor!   OH,  that was you!!!!

Grow up boys!

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Who was the first to accuse someone of not having a sense of humor!   OH,  that was you!!!!

Grow up boys!

It was hardly a joke.  He attacked me across three threads in short order.  But I appreciate the sentiment of trying to diffuse matters.

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

It was hardly a joke.  He attacked me across three threads in short order.  But I appreciate the sentiment of trying to diffuse matters.

Last statement on this issue.  I did not attack you across three threads, only two.  On one I questioned why doing comments with pictures of movies a week or more away.

The problem is that you post something, usually derogatory, and I respond with a differing viewpoint BUT NO attack on you personally.  Then you respond with an attack on me and I respond to bullying.

Also, it does seem, at least to me, that you take pleasure in attacking America, except for a couple of politicians.

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Last statement on this issue.  I did not attack you across three threads, only two.  On one I questioned why doing comments with pictures of movies a week or more away.

The problem is that you post something, usually derogatory, and I respond with a differing viewpoint BUT NO attack on you personally.  Then you respond with an attack on me and I respond to bullying.

Also, it does seem, at least to me, that you take pleasure in attacking America, except for a couple of politicians.

I just hope that this is really the "last statement on this issue" by either of you.

(because have we all heard that one before!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I should be allowed to respond to something that I find utter ***ing horse**** but I won't.  I wish you well and let's move on.

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I like Elizabeth Warren and many of the other Democrat candidates but I guess that doesn't count with TheCid because they are not HIS type of Americans.

And as for taking offence at his comments - other than those above which are PERSONAL shots - this is what I have to say:

I post something

TheCid replies disagreeing with said post.

I respond to TheCid disagreeing with his post.

TheCid flips out that I am taking offence and shouldn't even be posting because I do not live in America.

Perhaps this is how it should work to save the peace.  Post.  Response to Post.  Counter-response and then move on.

TheCid is a liberal and no supporter of Trump but he is demonstrating an ability to think outside his ideological box and to realistically analyze and draw conclusions about what he thinks it will take to defeat trump and I applaud his objective considerations.

he choses not to hate on trump in a blind intellectual vacuum.

:P

• Haha 3

Justice Sotomayor warns the Supreme Court is doing “extraordinary” favors for Trump

The Trump administration thinks the court is its personal fixer. The court isn’t doing much to disabuse it of this idea.

.....a “stay pending appeal” is an order that suspends a lower court’s decision while the case is working its way through an appeals court. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court granted such a stay of a lower court order that blocked a Trump administration policy preventing most Central American migrants from seeking asylum.

As Sotomayor notes, the Supreme Court rarely granted such stays in the past, and for good reason. Because the Supreme Court is the final word on any legal dispute, it typically likes to hang back for a while as lower court judges wrestle with new legal questions......

Trump’s Justice Department has been far more aggressive than its predecessors in asking the Court to intervene at early stages of litigation. “To take one especially eye-opening statistic,” Vladeck writes, “in less than three years, the Solicitor General has filed at least 20 applications for stays in the Supreme Court (including 10 during the October 2018 Term alone).”

By contrast, “during the 16 years of the George W. Bush and Obama Administrations, the Solicitor General filed a total of eight such applications — averaging one every other Term.”

The Trump administration, in other words, is behaving as if the Court is its personal concierge service —

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/20862320/sotomayor-supreme-court-favors-trump

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

<_<

"The government of the United States will have zero credibility with anyone in the world

when it decides who it believes was at fault and says what it will do about it."

on how Trump's endless lying makes the current Iran mess even worse:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are witnessing the end of democracy as we have known it for about 230 years.

The GOP is not only ignoring norms of democracy but they are ignoring the laws.

They are playing the system to see how far they can go

and will the GOP SCOTUS let them do it?
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's a political pickle:
If House Democrats impeach Trump and he loses, they fear they could get blamed for a political hit job.

If they don’t impeach him and he wins, they fear being blamed by the Democratic base for not doing enough.

• Thanks 1

and
@VP
The measured response by President@realDonaldTrump
regarding the shooting down of an American drone was clearly seen by the Iranian regime as a sign of weakness.
2:58 PM · Sep 17, 2019
-----------------------------------------------

No Lindsey, it was a sign of strength that some people just don’t understand!

===================================

-ooooooooh.....trouble in Paradise or just a lover's tiff??

:lol:

• Haha 1