NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

14,676 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:12 AM, Bogie56 said:

While I agree with what you say, Donald Trump is not the answer to these problems. 

And you're still not getting it.

They don't care - they don't give a **** - if Trump is the answer or not.

What matters to them is that electing him is their way of saying **** you to the system they've come to hate.

That's what they want to do.

• Like 2

And you're still not getting it.

They don't care - they don't give a **** - if Trump is the answer or not.

What matters to them is that electing him is their way of saying **** you to the system they've come to hate.

That's what they want to do.

I wasn't referring to "them" I was referring to the media.  "They" are far gone.  It is a "you people" attitude that I come across even in Canada and Britain that is driving their hatred which seems to be especially targeted at people with some form of higher education.  We used to call it a chip on one's shoulder.

What they don't get is that Trump is using them.  He's not for the lower classes.  They are worker ants that he exploits.  He likes the uneducated because they are easier to fleece.

• Like 3

You cannot say that the focus of the media does not have some effect.  Trump's numbers went down when the sex tape came out.  Clinton has gone down from 90% to 70% chance of winning after Comey put his foot on the election scale.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, Bogie56 said:

It is a "you people" attitude that I come across even in Canada and Britain that is driving their hatred which seems to be especially targeted at people with some form of higher education.

It's traders, c.e.o's, politicians and lawyers they hate. That's who runs everything - and the people know it. Doesn't matter what Trump is - he's something different than a politician or a lawyer at least - and not all that great a c.e.o. People don't truly know what to expect from him as a President - and that's fine with them. What's been running things doesn't work. That they know. More and more people are getting poorer and poorer and more desperate to do something about it. Enough. They're gonna shake it all up.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:56 AM, Bogie56 said:

You cannot say that the focus of the media does not have some effect.  Trump's numbers went down when the sex tape came out.  Clinton has gone down from 90% to 70% chance of winning after Comey put his foot on the election scale.

You believe in all those fake polls, do ya.

By monday night, they'll all be calling it 50/50. That way they can pretend their polls are honest - stay in business for next time.

It's traders, c.e.o's, politicians and lawyers they hate. That's who runs everything - and the people know it. Doesn't matter what Trump is - he's something different than a politician or a lawyer at least - and not all that great a c.e.o. People don't truly know what to expect from him as a President - and that's fine with them. What's been running things doesn't work. That they know. More and more people are getting poorer and poorer and more desperate to do something about it. Enough. They're gonna shake it all up.

What part of Donald Trump makes you believe he is truly the least bit interested in any of the above?  They may like his message.  That's what a good con man does.  You are intelligent.  Are you not willing to concede that he is a huckster and false prophet?

His methods of scapegoating immigrants for the woes of the white Americans who are having a tough time is deplorable.  He plays on people's fears to bolster his own fake tough guy persona.  

I saw some interviews of traditional democrats who live in West Virginia and are now supporting Trump.  These people lived in run down ramshackle homes and trailers and were bemoaning the loss of mining jobs and blamed Hillary Clinton.  These same people who are longing for the return of the 'good life' lived in these same homes and conditions when they had those miserable jobs.  Why?  Because fat cats like Trump never let the little guy get ahead in the first place.  How many Republicans do you hear like John Kasich boasting about the many unions they have destroyed?  Donald Trump will not be the saviour of these people.  He is sharpening his shears as we speak.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:47 AM, Bogie56 said:

What part of Donald Trump makes you believe he is truly the least bit interested in any of the above?  

Bogie, you're still not hearing me.

I don't know anything about Trump. I have no idea what he'll do in office if he gets elected.

Jill Stein is the only person currently on the ticket that I'll vote for. She's the only one who actually deserves my vote. She represents me; represents what I want in a President.

But I understand why Trump is gonna beat Clinton. I understand why the people are voting for him over her. 

You apparently don't - maybe can't - understand, though I've put it as simply as I possibly can.

Enough people want change - and they are angry about getting it. They hate the status quo and they hate Clinton and they know that she does not represent any kind of change. Trump represents change (of some kind - who knows what) and that's why he'll win.

Bogie, you're still not hearing me.

I don't know anything about Trump. I have no idea what he'll do in office if he gets elected.

Jill Stein is the only person currently on the ticket that I'll vote for. She's the only one who actually deserves my vote. She represents me; represents what I want in a President.

But I understand why Trump is gonna beat Clinton. I understand why the people are voting for him over her. 

You apparently don't - maybe can't - understand, though I've put it as simply as I possibly can.

Enough people want change - and they are angry about getting it. They hate the status quo and they hate Clinton and they know that she does not represent any kind of change. Trump represents change (of some kind - who knows what) and that's why he'll win.

I get it perfectly.  It is a f you vote the same as brexit.  That is not the point I have been talking about.

He may win and I do know why.  What I am saying is that like the Brits there will be buyer's remorse as Trump is a total phoney and more than that is offering destructive policies that will hurt those very people that are voting for him.  His whole life has been about screwing the little guy, not helping him.

Climate change is not a Chinese conspiracy.  America does not need more guns.  Same sex marriage should be legal.  If you look at his policies alone he is a dangerous buffoon.

You may hate Clinton but she is in the same party as some good progressives who will do all they can to help the average joe and make school and health care affordable.  Trump's plan is to throw the poor to the dogs.

• Like 4

Hitler and Lenin shook it up too.

TRUMP'S 'NEW' HEALTHCARE PLAN...

after repealing the ACA...

(Trump) repeated what Pence said, that he would like to have people use health savings accounts, where they save money tax-free that can be used to pay for health care. “It will be a much better health care [sic] at a much less expensive cost.”

It won’t be, though. When everyone pays for their own health care individually, they lose collective purchasing power and the pharmaceutical companies and hospital systems can charge whatever they want, offering care to only those who can afford high costs.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/11/health-suspense/506144/?utm_source=atlfb

:wacko:

This has always been the philosophy of the wealthy and they want to apply it to pensions, Social Security, military retirement, etc.

The problem is and has always been that the vast majority of people have very little money left to purchase insurance or to invest in a 401(k).  Then the even vaster majority just does not do it.

That is one reason why the demand is so high from Social Security recipients and military retirees to increase those programs.  They did not invest when they could have or invested too little, it they had it to invest at all.

• Like 1

As Trump's chances of winning go up, the stock market goes down.  There is a reason.  

If he wins, 401(k)s, pension plans, etc. will lose billions of dollars and beneficiaries will receive far less. Insurance costs will go up because the companies are invested in the market.

Over the years I have read a lot of editorials and endorsements for political candidates.  There probably were some, but I cannot recall one on the national level, and maybe even state and local, where they said the unendorsed person was totally unqualified and a danger to America.

But just about every one I read endorsing Clinton has that conclusion about Trump.

Over the years I have read a lot of editorials and endorsements for political candidates.  There probably were some, but I cannot recall one on the national level, and maybe even state and local, where they said the unendorsed person was totally unqualified and a danger to America.

But just about every one I read endorsing Clinton has that conclusion about Trump.

On the plus side, another newspaper is endorcing him... ha ha! The Crusader.

• Like 4

Oliver Hart, Harvard Professor and Nobel Laureate and 349 other Economists have signed a letter saying that Donald Trump will be very bad for the economy.

That's 350 Economists.  Think about it.

• Like 1

gimme a bleeping break!

all these people are hillary supporters.

these schtootzes woulda labeled theodore roosevelt going "bully! bully!" a serious personality flaw. :lol:

gimme a bleeping break!

all these people are hillary supporters.

these schtootzes woulda labeled theodore roosevelt going "bully! bully!" a serious personality flaw. :lol:

Teddy and Hillary have birthdays back to back. In true Scorpio fashion, they speak softly but carry big sticks. Ha ha!

Oliver Hart, Harvard Professor and Nobel Laureate and 349 other Economists have signed a letter saying that Donald Trump will be very bad for the economy.

exactly and THAT is why people are revolting against the career establishment politician...

the ultra-learned thinking that they're hot bleep and insisting by virtue of their academic backgrounds that they should lord it over the rest of us...

and hot bleep artist barack obama is a perfect example of that most arrogant intellectual superioritist. (new word) :D

taking away from the common american even the prerogative of freedom of choice on just about every front and every issue that effects the daily lives of everyday people.

"not yet, bub. not yet you don't." -paul newman, sometimes a great notion

exactly and THAT is why people are revolting against the career establishment politician...

the ultra-learned thinking that they're hot bleep and insisting by virtue of their academic backgrounds that they should lord it over the rest of us...

and hot bleep artist barack obama is a perfect example of that most arrogant intellectual superioritist. (new word) :D

taking away from the common american even the prerogative of freedom of choice on just about every front and every issue that effects the daily lives of everyday people.

before progressivism is through they will be alloting how many times a day we can exhale with little subcutaneous implants to signal the thought crime police when we even dare to hyperventilate.

sound absurd?...maybe not to progressives. :o

You've just confirmed the idiocy of your movement.  Talk about a chip on the shoulder and shooting yourself in the foot and the entire world with it.  Why don't you just throw anyone with glasses in detention camps like they did in Cambodia. 

• Like 1

"I love the uneducated" - Donald J. Trump

And if elected, I will make sure they stay that way!

• Like 3

"I love the uneducated" - Donald J. Trump

And if elected, I will make sure they stay that way!

LOL! That's for sure.

Another thought on this .... there are just too many whoppers to keep up with.  We are flooded with hundreds and hundreds of Trump actions or statements that would normally disqualify any other candidate.  The press cannot keep up or focus on any single one. 

They arent even focusing on ONE right now........

You've just confirmed the idiocy of your movement.  Talk about a chip on the shoulder and shooting yourself in the foot and the entire world with it.  Why don't you just throw anyone with glasses in detention camps like they did in Cambodia. 

I once wore glasses. :huh:

everyone talks about trump's disregard for truthful accuracy. what is that compared to the soft tyranny, at present, of the left?

2008 democrat primary season : in a televised debate then senator obama and hillary were arguing about universal healthcare.

she said all must be covered with no exceptions. so here's obama a few feet to the right at his podium saying that's fine but is it really fair to compel low-income families to buy something they can't afford and helps to move them one step further to the poorhouse?

hillary repeated her stance WITHOUT addressing obama's point....

of course...

by 2010 obama 'forgot' his own point and with pelosi and reid shoved the ACA down all our throats!

so here's obama BEFORE his grandiose empowerment fretting over the little guy about compulsory healthcare purchasing...

which he oh so conveniently forgot after getting what he was after.

You've just confirmed the idiocy of your movement. Talk about a chip on the shoulder and shooting yourself in the foot and the entire world with it. Why don't you just throw anyone with glasses in detention camps like they did in Cambodia.

I think there was a time when most Americans agreed that the best person to lead them could come from any background but they had to know more than the average person and they had to be above the crowd in their intellect and abilities.

That person had to be someone you could look up and who did have respect for everyone.

In the presidency we've had self-made people and we've had people who were born rich - - anyone can have respect for others, no matter what their background.

If the average person was qualified for the top office in the land, then it wouldn't be a very difficult job.

The average person is not qualified for the presidency and any average person in America who has average sense and is realistic would realize that.

We want somebody to lead us who is an extraordinary individual, yet at the same time has respect for all people in the United States--not just those who come from that person's sex or race or class or geographical area, or ethnicity or religion, or sexual preference.

You want somebody who is academically well- educated, as well as has experience in government and experience in life.

And you don't have to have a college degree to be that intelligent to understand why.

What you do have to have is realistic thinking and not have resentment against others who have accomplished more than you have in life.

Everyone knows someone who has accomplished more in life, has more education, has more money and has more material Goods than they do. But I doubt that most people waste all their time worrying about those people or being jealous of them.

People have in life, for the most part, what they're willing to work for. And if you're in a situation where you're a minority and/or a woman--you've worked harder than most people to gain what you have in the United States.

• Like 1

What will be super sweet if Donny wins is that all the dumb suckers

who voted for him will soon learn he is part of the system. He has

more gofers and lawyers than they have whiskers. So in return for

giving a big FU to the system, he will give them one back. Get ready

you mothers for the big payback. Love it. :)

• Like 3