Sign in to follow this  
movielover11

Brando Documentary on TCM

332 posts in this topic

7-23-12 - This is an old thread, but I wanted to mention that there are a couple of geographical errors in the 1935 film. They talked about going around Cape Horn on the way to Tahiti, but then they showed a map of the ship going around the Cape of Good Hope, off of the southern coast of Africa. Cape Horn is off the southern coast of South America.

And then, when they show the log of the lifeboat with Captain Bligh in it, they show the location as being Longitude 32 West. But that is off the coast of Brazil, in the Atlantic Ocean, while the lifeboat always remained in the Pacific Ocean during its trip to the East Indies. Did the screenwriters not have a map or a globe they could consult?

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}7-23-12 - This is an old thread, but I wanted to mention that there are a couple of geographical errors in the 1935 film.

The date of your reply IS posted right below the title of your reply:

"Posted: Jul 23, 2012 11:14 PM" :^0

BTW..."Krakatoa: East of Java" (NOT a Brando film) is geographically incorrect...the island was located WEST of Java. :^0

I put the extra date on it to make sure people understood that my post was a new one on an old thread. :)