Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

"The Devil's Bride" (1968)

5 posts in this topic

This is a superior horror great script, direction and cast .  Lee is specially good - there really should have been a sequel.  Hammer obviously spent the money on this one- it's a great looking production too bad the special effects are not as effective as they could be- even for 1968.

• Like 1

This is a superior horror great script, direction and cast .  Lee is specially good - there really should have been a sequel.  Hammer obviously spent the money on this one- it's a great looking production too bad the special effects are not as effective as they could be- even for 1968.

I saw it on the big screen when it came out,believe me the effects were good,it was a scary movie and a very different film in the horror genre for the period,i never saw it again for more than 20 years it aged well,.One of the very best film of Christopher Lee

• Like 1

I saw it on the big screen when it came out,believe me the effects were good,it was a scary movie and a very different film in the horror genre for the period,i never saw it again for more than 20 years it aged well,.One of the very best film of Christopher Lee

The film has some suspenseful and scary moment but from a technical point of view some the effects are very weak- specially the demon spider

Love love this movie- it one of Hammer's and Christopher Lee's finest productions.  Lee really should have returned as de Richeleau in another movie- or better yet in series

• Like 1

Aye. From the novel written by Dennis Wheatley, part of his strange penchant for writing occult-espionage-supernatural-detective stories after the war. Wheatley was an illustrious member of the London Controlling Section in WWII. Basically, he was a British spymaster; colleague of Ian Fleming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Wheatley

• Thanks 1