Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Clive Barker "Lord of Illusions" (1995)

4 posts in this topic

I need to see it again. I saw it in the theater, and didn't like it. I watched it again when it first came out on video as it was a "director's cut" that was supposed to have fixed whatever was wrong with the theatrical version. I didn't like it much more than the first time.

Which is a shame, because I liked the source material. I was a big Clive Barker fan in those days, and read everything he published.

• Like 2

the film looks and sounds amazing in blu ray.  I saw the directors cut - it's worth a look for Bakula, Jansenn, the production design and some effective creepy moments- the story doesn't quite work- I think Baker gives away too much in the prologue- but I do wish he would make another film.
  • Like 2

the film looks and sounds amazing in blu ray.  I saw the directors cut - it's worth a look for Bakula, Jansenn, the production design and some effective creepy moments- the story doesn't quite work- I think Baker gives away too much in the prologue- but I do wish he would make another film.

He's had a lot of very serious health problems in the last 10-15 years, and he nearly died once or twice from them. I read that he's doing better now, and he's writing again. His novel The Scarlet Gospels came out last year, and it combines the Harry D'Amour character (Bakula from Lord of Illusions) with the characters from Barker's Hellraiser series. I haven't read it, but I was happy to see that he was writing again.

• Like 1