Sign in to follow this  
rlgoodw2

Bring Back Rob Zombie Please

13 posts in this topic

Is Rob Zombie no longer the host? I look forward to this show all week and lately Rob has been missing. There is only a short opening sequence of a guy (who is not Rob!) putting up a poster on the wall. I have searched around for information as to what is going on. However, I have only found that other people are asking the same question.

Aside from the lack of Rob, have you all noticed an overall "softening" of the films being shown? I still record them, but find myself disappointed. In fact this weekend they did not show Underground at all to my knowledge.

I was very impressed when TCM came out with this new idea. Maybe traditionalists felt threatened by it. Remember how AMC did a complete overhaul about five or six years ago?

Could we make a petition? Something? Let's get together on this. It's not like we're trying to turn TCM into IFC.

i agree completely.

rob was awesome, i first saw "Freaks" when he hosted Underground

but i havent watched Underground recently, because the movies don't seem as good as they were...

I think it was mentioned on the boards a while back [like a couple of months ago] that Rob Zombie was never intended to be a permanent host.

They've been definitely focusing more on older cult films, which is fine with me. I do think if they continue with underground, and I hope they do, that they should have some sort of host. Some of these films have a lot of background information that I think any viewer would find interesting.

Wow, I missed that one. Thanks for the information, but what a disappointment! I really enjoyed Rob. You're right, the show needs a host. Quentin Tarantino hosted a week long marathon of cult movies one time on a different channel. It was great. Older cult movies are fine with me too, but I do prefer the ones from the 70's and early 80's.

I would love to see Tarentino hosting the Streetfighter series with Sinichi Chiba and Etsuko Shihomi. Sister Streetfighter was a definitive influence for Kill Bill.

In fact this weekend they did not show Underground at all to my knowledge.

February is "31 Days of Oscar" (into early March), and NONE of the regular schedule is followed: no Cartoon Alley, no Imports, no Silents, no.... This has been true ever since March was "31 Days..." up to maybe two-three years ago.

Welcome to the threads. Unless you have been reading for a long while without posting, you have a lot of reading to catch up on!

Bill

Tarentino as a host would be fantastic. He has a love and appreciation for these films that would translate well as a host. It seems like he has a fairly hectic schedule though, even if he wanted to do it he might not be able to coordinate his various projects.

Just PLEASE bring back the Cult Classics on Friday night/Sat morning!!! I waited all week and there was NOTHING! What a let down. I corralled my 25 year old son and 19 year old daughter to watch with me when we could and it was great. Nothing like movies like that to pass tradition down to the next generation! That was so much fun. The last ones I saw were the Foxy Brown movies, and since then I dont think there has been anything. Conversely, AMC is now showing old horror flicks late Friday nights - but there is no host to give us trivial info, and of course AMC has those dang commercials.

You even bother to read the whole thread? Someone already kindly explained that none of the usual weekly features is scheduled to run during the "31 Days of Oscar".

The last ones I saw were the Foxy Brown movies, and since then I dont think there has been anything.

With 17 posts, you should know by now (from reading threads) that they are cumulative - somebody posts, there's an answer, etc. - and quite often someone has already explained (at least once) the very thing you're wondering about. In this case, I had (re)answered the reason(s) just one below the one you added to:

In fact this weekend they did not show Underground at all to my knowledge.

February is "31 Days of Oscar" (into early March), and NONE of the regular schedule is followed: no Cartoon Alley, no Imports, no Silents, no.... This has been true ever since March was "31 Days..." up to maybe two-three years ago.

Welcome to the threads. Unless you have been reading for a long while without posting, you have a lot of reading to catch up on!

So... welcome, wait, and Happy Reading! --But RZ isn't staging a comeback anytime soon, it appears (though someone may start hosting again).

Bill

Conversely, AMC is

> now showing old horror flicks late Friday nights -

> but there is no host to give us trivial info, and of

> course AMC has those dang commercials.

I like Friday After Dark too. I can get over AMC having commercials. But why do they insist on showing Halloween 4 and 5 all the time? Have you noticed that? They replay a lot of movies but seem to have some kind of fetish for Halloween, specifically 4 and 5. It makes me want to throw the remote through the screen. Well, I guess we won't get Rob back but it does sound like the movies will return. Really any host at all would be great. You know what would be really great.....a cult movie channel on digital cable!!!!! But then I'd never leave the house :) I think I'm not the only one.