Bogie56

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

1,400 posts in this topic

Should William Barr Recuse Himself From Mueller Report?

Legal Experts Say Attorney General's Ties to Russia Are Troubling

.....It’s not about actual conflict, it’s about the appearance of a conflict, about the appearance of bias,” Jed Shugerman, a professor at Fordham University’s School of Law and an expert on judicial and government ethics, tells Newsweek . “The problem is that we have so many flagrant conflicts that are so obvious, we get distracted from what the legal standard is.”

This much is known: On Barr’s public financial disclosure report, he admits to working for a law firm that represented Russia’s Alfa Bank and for a company whose co-founders allegedly have long-standing business ties to Russia. What’s more, he received dividends from Vector Group, a holding company with deep financial ties to Russia.

These facts didn’t get much attention during Barr’s confirmation hearing,....

https://www.newsweek.com/so-many-conflicts-so-little-time-1396435

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jakeem said:

The Interior Department’s internal watchdog confirmed that it has opened a formal investigation into numerous ethics complaints against David Bernhardt, the agency’s newly confirmed secretary.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/david-bernhardt-ethics-investigation_n_5cb4f8e9e4b098b9a2d8aa05?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&section=politics

crHyHg0z?format=jpg&name=600x314

 

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Ron Wyden Retweeted Kyle Griffin

We now have an Interior Secretary who has been on the job for one full business day and is already under investigation.

This is exactly why I wanted a delay in Bernhardt’s consideration. It’s time for the American people to get the answers they deserve.

This is exactly what you expect from the trump Administration.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Trump Administration Reportedly Hiring Former Fox News Personality Monica Crowley http://mediaite.com/a/xttep 

D4XL8xIUEAAXXYv.jpg

 

11 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Steve Mnuchin plans to hire Fox News commentator Monica Crowley as his top spokeswoman, Bloomberg reports.

Reminder: Trump planned to appoint Crowley to a position at the NSC, but she withdrew after CNN reported she had plagiarized portions of her book.

Well, I don't know why trump had a problem with Crowley's plagiarism.

His own wife, plagiarized her Republican convention speech, stealing it, almost verbatim, from then First Lady Michelle Obama. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jakeem said:

Pressed repeatedly on her comments on FBI agents, Sarah Sanders tells @GStephanopoulos, "It was the heat of the moment, meaning that it wasn't a scripted talking point. I'm sorry that I wasn't a robot like the Democratic Party" was about Mueller probe. https://abcn.ws/2XohqZb 

Image result for sarah huckabee sanders george stephanopoulos

 

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

Bradley P. Moss Retweeted ABC News

.@PressSec making pathetic excuses after the Mueller Report details how she admitted to fabricating stories to cover for the president

trump's made a whole political career out of being a liar. So Sanders figures it ought to work for her too.

After all oh, the Republicans don't care, the trump supporters don't care-- so why should she care?

It's up to the majority of American people to decide if they want a government of liars, lawbreakers and bigots or are they going to demand something better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Storm clouds hover over Trump's nominee to NOAA

 
     

Former AccuWeather CEO Barry Myers' nomination rushes to Senate vote despite conflicts of interest, sexual harassment allegations:

 

Barry Myers just might be the most controversial choice ever nominated to run the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

A 75-year-old businessman without formal scientific training, Myers would be in charge of one of the federal government's premier scientific agencies, tasked with predicting the weather and monitoring the oceans and atmosphere.

Unlike other members of the Trump administration, Myers isn't a climate change denier. But his nomination raises significant conflict-of-interest questions.........

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/24/donald-trump-accuweather-noaa-nominee-barry-myers-senate-editorials-debates/3547658002/

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

JUST IN: House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff says he will make a criminal referral for informal Trump campaign adviser Erik Prince to the Justice Department later today.

Earlier this month, Schiff said that Prince did not tell the committee about a 2016 meeting he had with with Donald Trump Jr., UAE emissary George Nader and Israeli social media manipulation specialist Joel Zamel at Trump Tower.

https://www.axios.com/erik-prince-schiff-criminal-referral-house-intelligence-committee-ea4141e0-9a8b-4759-9e96-caaaadf414d2.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

NRtlbXZq?format=jpg&name=600x314

Betsy DeVos' Blackwater brother-- What a family!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John HarwoodVerified account @JohnJHarwood

 

Trump’s Fed pick Steve Moore on CSpan in 2000:

“The male needs to be the breadwinner. One reasons you’ve seen decline of the family, not just in black community but now in white community as well, is because women are more economically self-sufficient.”

=================================

Stephanie RuhleVerified account @SRuhle 1d1 day ago

 

The man needs to be the bread winner... from a man who failed to pay the child support mandated in family court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Democrats challenge Trump’s UN nominee on climate change comments, financial interests

 

.....Kelly Craft, who was nominated as U.S. ambassador to the U.N. last week, has invested more than $60 million in oil companies and other fossil fuel interests. Her husband, Joe Craft, is CEO of Alliance Resource Partners, one of the largest U.S. coal producers.

As U.N. ambassador, Craft would represent the United States on climate change, one of the U.N’s top global priorities.......

“Why have you said that there are ‘both sides’ to the scientific debate in climate change?” the senators asked Friday in a four-page letter to Craft. “Please describe in detail your understanding of the ‘sides’ and their positions on climate change, including the evidence and the sources of this information.” ........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/democrats-challenge-trumps-un-nominee-on-climate-change-comments-financial-interests

-_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Democrats challenge Trump’s UN nominee on climate change comments, financial interests

 

.....Kelly Craft, who was nominated as U.S. ambassador to the U.N. last week, has invested more than $60 million in oil companies and other fossil fuel interests. Her husband, Joe Craft, is CEO of Alliance Resource Partners, one of the largest U.S. coal producers.

As U.N. ambassador, Craft would represent the United States on climate change, one of the U.N’s top global priorities.......

“Why have you said that there are ‘both sides’ to the scientific debate in climate change?” the senators asked Friday in a four-page letter to Craft. “Please describe in detail your understanding of the ‘sides’ and their positions on climate change, including the evidence and the sources of this information.” ........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/democrats-challenge-trumps-un-nominee-on-climate-change-comments-financial-interests

-_-

Doesn't matter, the GOPers in Senate will confirm her with no problems at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Doesn't matter, the GOPers in Senate will confirm her with no problems at all.

of course, we realize that...

but still should keep informed of continued corruption in administration's appointees -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 9:52 PM, Princess of Tap said:

 

This is exactly what you expect from the trump Administration.

wyden is even more sickly looking than fathead Nadler...who oughta recuse himself if he is in any way connected to the nyc plot to investigate trump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

of course, we realize that...

but still should keep informed of continued corruption in administration's appointees -_-

Ah, but is it "corruption" to have an opposing, legal viewpoint?

BTW, saw a clip of Pompeo talking about melting of polar ices will actually lead to an economic boon.  Probably more oil exploration.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

of course, we realize that...

but still should keep informed of continued corruption in administration's appointees -_-

why? we're running this show. so if dems wanna depress themselves than go righta head.

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 1:47 PM, Princess of Tap said:

 

Well, I don't know why trump had a problem with Crowley's plagiarism.

His own wife, plagiarized her Republican convention speech, stealing it, almost verbatim, from then First Lady Michelle Obama. 

maybe monica thought michelle would be too stupid to realize it.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCid said:

Ah, but is it "corruption" to have an opposing, legal viewpoint?

BTW, saw a clip of Pompeo talking about melting of polar ices will actually lead to an economic boon.  Probably more oil exploration.

Of course it isn't corruption but instead just another over-the-top POV.    Yea,  many, if not most, of Trump appointees are unqualified,  no-little-to-nothing clowns, but that isn't corruption. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Ah, but is it "corruption" to have an opposing, legal viewpoint?

BTW, saw a clip of Pompeo talking about melting of polar ices will actually lead to an economic boon.  Probably more oil exploration.

''has invested more than $60 million in oil companies and other fossil fuel interests. Her husband, Joe Craft, is CEO of Alliance Resource Partners, one of the largest U.S. coal producers.

As U.N. ambassador, Craft would represent the United States on climate change, one of the U.N’s top global priorities......."

----------------------------------------------------

 

-you see NO conflict here?? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

''has invested more than $60 million in oil companies and other fossil fuel interests. Her husband, Joe Craft, is CEO of Alliance Resource Partners, one of the largest U.S. coal producers.

As U.N. ambassador, Craft would represent the United States on climate change, one of the U.N’s top global priorities......."

----------------------------------------------------

 

-you see NO conflict here?? :rolleyes:

I do not see any corruption there.   Would it be just as inappropriate to appoint someone who believes in abolishing coal or nuclear in favor or solar or wind?  Same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course it isn't corruption but instead just another over-the-top POV.    Yea,  many, if not most, of Trump appointees are unqualified,  no-little-to-nothing clowns, but that isn't corruption. 

 

It isn't corruption in the legal sense but many would consider it "unethical" to downplay climate change in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I do not see any corruption there.   Would it be just as inappropriate to appoint someone who believes in abolishing coal or nuclear in favor or solar or wind?  Same thing.

Solid point Cid;  Obama appointed people that were part of the renewable energy industry to Energy department positions.  That only makes sense;  Appoint those with knowledge from the industry that you wish to move the country towards.   

While I don't support the direction the Trump admin is taking the country (i.e. I support plans to be 100% on renewable energy within a decade or two),  Trump doesn't and it is only logical for him to appoint those that support the direction he wishes to go.

I don't even see conflict-of-interest,  but instead just a joint interest in moving things in a direction supported by the majority of voters that elected him.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

It isn't corruption in the legal sense but many would consider it "unethical" to downplay climate change in that way.

Isn't it only unethical if political leaders actually believe in climate change but pretend NOT to,  and take actions that increase carbon emissions?

To me it is more logical to assume many of these Trump appointees are just stupid instead of unethical or corrupt.

PS: of course most are also unethical and corrupt to a degree,  but that isn't the primary driver for their actions (ha ha).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Solid point Cid;  Obama appointed people that were part of the renewable energy industry to Energy department positions.  That only makes sense;  Appoint those with knowledge from the industry that you wish to move the country towards.   

While I don't support the direction the Trump admin is taking the country (i.e. I support plans to be 100% on renewable energy within a decade or two),  Trump doesn't and it is only logical for him to appoint those that support the direction he wishes to go.

I don't even see conflict-of-interest,  but instead just a joint interest in moving things in a direction supported by the majority of voters that elected him.

 

Do you really think we can accomplish that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheCid said:

Do you really think we can accomplish that?

No,  so I should have said I support the goal.    But in 20 years I would hope we could get to 70 to 80%.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

No,  so I should have said I support the goal.    But in 20 years I would hope we could get to 70 to 80%.

What do you do about the coal, natural gas and nuclear power plants?  Not sure, but that is probably 80-90% of production capacity.

More importantly, what do you do about the millions of automobiles?  What about fuel for the people who have cars that are 10, 20, 30 years old.  Not to mention aircraft and railroad engines.

If successful, what do you with the millions of cars, aircraft and railroad locomotives that run on petroleum?  They cannot be converted to electric or some other "renewable" form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheCid said:

If successful, what do you with the millions of cars, aircraft and railroad locomotives that run on petroleum?  They cannot be converted to electric or some other "renewable" form.

Why not? Someone will find a way. In fact, that could become a major new sector in the automotive industry, with conversion stations in every town. As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way.

There will always be collectors that want to keep things in their original condition, and I'm sure that there will be special licenses/permits one could buy to keep a combustion engine, as well as fuel merchants to service them. There just won't be one on every other block like there is now. 

But I don't hold out any expectation that this will ever occur in this country. We're too lazy, stupid and entitled to make any serious changes.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Why not? Someone will find a way. In fact, that could become a major new sector in the automotive industry, with conversion stations in every town. As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way.

There will always be collectors that want to keep things in their original condition, and I'm sure that there will be special licenses/permits one could buy to keep a combustion engine, as well as fuel merchants to service them. There just won't be one on every other block like there is now. 

But I don't hold out any expectation that this will ever occur in this country. We're too lazy, stupid and entitled to make any serious changes.

I do not believe the technology or the many trillions of dollars it would cost will be available in the next 50 years, if then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us