Bogie56

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

1,401 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

POTUS considered Bolton *Insufficiently pro-Taliban

*Insufficiently pro-North Korea

*Insufficiently pro-Russia

*Insufficiently pro-Iranian

Trump wanted to play “Let’s Make A Deal” with those who hate America the most.

This is silly.  Bolton was fired because he disagreed with what Trump wanted to do, not because he was "insufficiently" something.  Perhaps insufficiently willing to bend to the will of the master.

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

This is silly.  Bolton was fired because he disagreed with what Trump wanted to do, not because he was "insufficiently" something.  Perhaps insufficiently willing to bend to the will of the master.

Isn't that the same thing?

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Isn't that the same thing?

No.  Moanin' Joe's tweet implied that Bolton was insufficiently pro-NK, Russia, Taliban, Iran. He has always had a position totally opposed to these people.  He was insufficiently willing to keep his mouth shut.

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

No.  Moanin' Joe's tweet implied that Bolton was insufficiently pro-NK, Russia, Taliban, Iran. He has always had a position totally opposed to these people.  He was insufficiently willing to keep his mouth shut.

To me you're the one confused here;   Yes,  Bolton has always taken a hard-line stance against these 4.   Trump wanted to play-nice,  give concessions,   trust their leaders bogus promises,  make deals that anyone with a brain knows they wouldn't keep etc...

Thus the main reason Bolton was fired was because he wasn't sufficiently pro-these-4.

PS:  Of course Moanin' Joe is making the differences between Bolton and Trump larger than they are, as a way to punk Trump.     Joe likely supports Trump's less hard-line (almost Obama like),  approach.

34 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

To me you're the one confused here;   Yes,  Bolton has always taken a hard-line stance against these 4.   Trump wanted to play-nice,  give concessions,   trust their leaders bogus promises,  make deals that anyone with a brain knows they wouldn't keep etc...

Thus the main reason Bolton was fired was because he wasn't sufficiently pro-these-4.

PS:  Of course Moanin' Joe is making the differences between Bolton and Trump larger than they are, as a way to punk Trump.     Joe likely supports Trump's less hard-line (almost Obama like),  approach.

Trump is really "pro-Iran" to you? :huh: 

13 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Trump is really "pro-Iran" to you? :huh: 

Trump is willing to be "pro-Iran" if he believes it would make it look like he got a "win".

Trump's primary mission as President is to look like a winner.   This is especially true now that an election is pending.

E.g.  Trump ended the nuclear agreement just because it was negotiated by the Obama admin and thus  Trump couldn't get a "win" there.    Trump would have signed a revised agreement that was weaker than the existing one,  and then marketed it as a great-deal and himself as a "winner" for getting such a deal.

The above is why Trump flops back and forth as well as creating crisis or making existing one appear worst then they are;   So he can appear to fix them and make us great yet again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Trump is willing to be "pro-Iran" if he believes it would make it look like he got a "win".

Trump's primary mission as President is to look like a winner.   This is especially true now that an election is pending.

E.g.  Trump ended the nuclear agreement just because it was negotiated by the Obama admin and thus  Trump couldn't get a "win" there.    Trump would have signed a revised agreement that was weaker than the existing one,  and then marketed it as a great-deal and himself as a "winner" for getting such a deal.

The above is why Trump flops back and forth as well as creating crisis or making existing one appear worst then they are;   So he can appear to fix them and make us great yet again!

I absolutely agree with you here but the tweet (or twit more accurately) says "pro-Iran" and that's pretty much the opposite of Trump's policies here for the past time in office.

8 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

I absolutely agree with you here but the tweet (or twit more accurately) says "pro-Iran" and that's pretty much the opposite of Trump's policies here for the past time in office.

Once upon a time it was 'little rocket man' but now they are 'in love' - presto! change-o!

Meanwhile the rockets keep flying.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

"Thus the main reason Bolton was fired was because he wasn't sufficiently pro-these-4."

I still disagree with Moanin' Joe (and I guess you).  Bolton was not insufficiently pro since he never was or would be pro and Trump hired him anyway.  It's semantics, but I think Moanin' Joe should be more articulate considering what he is paid to blather.

To me being pro means you are in favor of something.  Being willing to compromise your position in negotiations such as this does not make you pro-Russia, NK, Iran or Taliban.  Conversely being unwilling to compromise does not make you "insufficiently pro" something.

58 minutes ago, TheCid said:

"Thus the main reason Bolton was fired was because he wasn't sufficiently pro-these-4."

I still disagree with Moanin' Joe (and I guess you).  Bolton was not insufficiently pro since he never was or would be pro and Trump hired him anyway.  It's semantics, but I think Moanin' Joe should be more articulate considering what he is paid to blather.

To me being pro means you are in favor of something.  Being willing to compromise your position in negotiations such as this does not make you pro-Russia, NK, Iran or Taliban.  Conversely being unwilling to compromise does not make you "insufficiently pro" something.

Like I said Joe used 'pro' as a way to punk Trump.  It wasn't a reflection of Bolton and his stance toward these 4.

I'm surprised Joe didn't use the term agent or stooge instead of 'pro'.     (to imply Trump is a Russian agent which MSNBC loves doing).

The current acting director of the Bureau of Land Management

— appointed without Senate approval to oversee 245 million acres of federal land

— has explicitly stated that he does not believe public lands should exist.

Trump, and the Capitalist Conspiracy to Ruin Public Lands

".......William Perry Pendley, who has explicitly stated that he does not believe public lands should exist. Earlier this year,

he tweeted that selling federal land to build the wall “is what the Founders intended!”

When it comes to public lands, it’s easy to mistake the Trump administration’s blatant acts as the beginning of a new era, rather than an acceleration of established patterns, just as, with the wall, it’s easy to see things through the particularly exaggerated cruelty of Trump policies and forget that the criminalization of immigration began long before.....

“today with Trump, it’s not so quiet — it’s all out in the open. The corruption, and the avarice, and the violence of public lands policy is now out there for all to behold. We don’t have the quiet neoliberal caretaker providing cover for industry.” ......

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/24/public-lands-book-christopher-ketcham/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Betsy DeVos Could Face Jail After Judge Rules She Violated 2018 Order on Student Loans

Kim said she was "astounded" to discover that DeVos was violating the court order at a hearing in San Francisco on Monday after a filing by the Education Department earlier

disclosed that more than 16,000 former students at Corinthian College "were incorrectly informed at one time or another ... that they had payments due on their federal student loans." ........

Instead of showing their compliance with the loan relief program, Education Department filings revealed that they instead were still pursuing students for loan repayment and had only pardoned 10 student loans.

"There have to be consequences for violation of my order sixteen thousand times," Kim said, according to a release.

https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-devos-could-face-jail-after-judge-rules-violated-2018-order-1463764?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Betsy DeVos Could Face Jail After Judge Rules She Violated 2018 Order on Student Loans

Kim said she was "astounded" to discover that DeVos was violating the court order at a hearing in San Francisco on Monday after a filing by the Education Department earlier

disclosed that more than 16,000 former students at Corinthian College "were incorrectly informed at one time or another ... that they had payments due on their federal student loans." ........

Instead of showing their compliance with the loan relief program, Education Department filings revealed that they instead were still pursuing students for loan repayment and had only pardoned 10 student loans.

"There have to be consequences for violation of my order sixteen thousand times," Kim said, according to a release.

https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-devos-could-face-jail-after-judge-rules-violated-2018-order-1463764?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Maybe they'll give her house arrest on that big yacht she owns.

• Haha 1

NBC News: Attorney General William Barr has been aware of the investigation into Parnas and Fruman

and was since shortly after he came into office this past February,

reports.
9:55 AM · Oct 10, 2019
-------------------------------------------------------

DOJ's decision not to open a full criminal investigation into the Trump-Zelensky call

when they already had an open probe into related matters looks even more suspicious today.
  • Thanks 1

Barr met privately with Murdoch (10-9-19) amid impeachment scrutiny:

Attorney General William Barr met privately Wednesday night with Rupert Murdoch, the media giant and known confidant of President Trump, at Murdoch's home in New York, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/465299-barr-met-privately-with-murdoch-amid-impeachment-scrutiny-report

:rolleyes:

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Barr met privately with Murdoch (10-9-19) amid impeachment scrutiny:

Attorney General William Barr met privately Wednesday night with Rupert Murdoch, the media giant and known confidant of President Trump, at Murdoch's home in New York, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/465299-barr-met-privately-with-murdoch-amid-impeachment-scrutiny-report

My honest question is does William Barr spend any part of his day doing his actual job?

:huh:
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Washington Post is reporting that a senior adviser to Sec. of State Pompeo has resigned

amid Pompeo's lack of support to diplomats embroiled in Ukraine scandal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING: President Trump announces Kevin McAleenan is stepping down as acting DHS secretary

in order to "spend more time with his family and go to the private sector."

------------------------

''& ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"

They're all running for cover.

• Thanks 1

Attorney General Bill Barr:
"Among the militant secularism are many of the so-called progressives, but where is the progress?

We are told we are living in a post-Christian era, but what has replaced the Judeo-Christian moral system?"

"This is not decay. This is organized destruction. Secularists and their allies have marshaled all the forces of mass communication, popular culture, the entertainment industry, and academia in an unremitting assault on religion & traditional values."

:blink:
===============================

If you told me this was a deepfake I'd believe you because

it's inappropriate beyond my ability to express for any Attorney General to speak like this
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jakeem said:
A federal judge ordered Education Secretary Betsy DeVos not to collect on student loans from a for-profit education company that went out of business. DeVos defied the court and continued collections to squeeze student loan payments from 16,000 borrowers.

Ten Most Wanted?   DeVos obstructs justice by defying Federal judge's court order.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Ten Most Wanted?   DeVos obstructs justice by defying Federal judge's court order.

She doesn't care because Trump will pardon her if she ever was actually convicted of anything.  Who is going to enforce the court order - Bill Barr's FBI?  Doubtful.

• Sad 1

Trump pick for education board writes Illuminati self-help books:

.....Trump's nominee to this board, George Mentz, was announced last week, The Denver Post reported

Mentz, a lawyer and online professor of wealth management at the Texas A&M University School of Law, has written books called "The Illuminati Secret Laws of Money," “The Illuminati Handbook,” “50 Laws of Power of the Illuminati” and “100 Secrets and Habits of the Illuminati for Life Success.”

“If you conceive of your desire, you can then imagine that your goal will take place with belief, and then you will be able [to] retrieve the opportunity from the world’s storehouse of riches,” he wrote in his book "Spiritual Wealth Management."....

Mentz has donated thousands of dollars to Trump's campaign and political action committee, after supporting him for three decades, ...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466092-trump-pick-for-education-board-writes-illuminati-self-help-books?__twitter_impression=true

:blink:

• Haha 2

Mike Pompeo is the worst Secretary of State in modern U.S. history and it's not close.
And yes, I remember that Rex Tillerson was once Secretary of State.

Pompeo's has been a failure of leadership, of character, of management and of policy on a catastrophic scale.
====================================

@SecPompeo's "cowardly, slimy behavior as the leader of the State Department.
I would never, ever, ever want to be in a trench with that man.

Attention all U.S. diplomats: Watch your own backs, because Pompeo won’t be."

=========================================================

Pompeo: on Monday reversed its decadeslong position that Israeli settlements in the West Bank are illegal, in the latest step by the Trump admin. to solidify Israeli control over areas claimed by Palestinians for a future independent state.

====================================

NEW: Asked whether he agreed with Pres. Trump's tweet attacking former Amb. Yovanovitch,
Pompeo says, "I'll defer to the White House about particular statements and the like. I don't have anything else to say about the Democrats' impeachment proceedings." http://abcn.ws/35dlzTF
  • Sad 2

Ignoring subpoenas.
Attacking "secularists" in an official speech.
Participating in a Ukraine extortion scheme.

William Barr is the worst attorney general in history serving the worst president in history.

Both should be impeached and removed from office.
==============================================

William Barr's chilling vision of unchecked presidential power

"......It is highly unusual for the senior federal law enforcement official in the country to adopt the strident language of political pundits. Yet there Barr was, denouncing "the Left" for engaging "in the systematic shredding of norms and undermining of the rule of law," suggesting that "so-called progressives treat politics as their religion" and "holy mission," and accusing the political opposition to the administration in which he serves of using "any means necessary to gain momentary advantage in achieving their end, regardless of collateral consequences and … systematic implications."

But this tirade was part of a larger argument....

https://theweek.com/articles/879112/william-barrs-chilling-vision-unchecked-presidential-power

:o  :(

• Sad 2