Bogie56

Trump's Appointments

834 posts in this topic

A pundit on the BBC described Newt Gingrich as a has-been, Rudy Guliani as a looney-toon and Kris Kristie as a criminally challenged individual.

• Like 1

A pundit on the BBC described Newt Gingrich as a has-been, Rudy Guliani as a looney-toon and Kris Kristie as a criminally challenged individual.

And this pundit is presumably well-paid for stating the obvious.

• Like 1

Is that the same pundit that said Trump would never win?    :blink:

• Like 1

I guess you could switch those descriptions among

the three and still be okay. Newt is a looney-toon, etc.

• Like 1

I just want to know which one is Curly? Curly was always my favorite.

Yeah, I liked Curly. Moe was a mean old coot, Larry was blah,

but Curly was engaging and funny and lovable. Newt, Rudy,

and Christie. See, Trump is going for the non-establishment

outsiders.

• Like 1

I just got a run down by Katy Tur of about a dozen or so of them.

You'll never guess what they all have in common-- they're all middle-aged white men. I guess they represent Donald Trump supporters and that he's not really going to be president for the entire country because the entire country is not made up of middle-aged white men.

Let's hear it for Latino men, black men, Asian American men-- and there are so many other diverse types of good-looking men in America that I could name.

Of course, there are lots of women too who would be qualified for some of those positions too.

And of course men don't have to be good-looking to have those positions, but President Obama has spoiled some of us. LOL

Breaking news--

To the victor belong the spoils--

Trump's people are floating the name of white nationalist poster boy

Steve Bannon, Breitbart's own, to be Trump's Oval Office chief of staff.

You don't need Western Union to send that message.

Breaking news--

To the victor belong the spoils--

Trump's people are floating the name of white nationalist pin-up boy

Steve Bannon, Breitbart's own, to be Trump's Oval Office chief of staff.

You don't need Western Union to send that message.

Steve Bannon, the new Gruppenfuhrer.  What job will go to David Duke?

That's why I protest racism and anti-Semitism on this website.

FYI--Highway, James et. al.

My Dearest Princess, by all means keep up your vigilance, be a watchman or watch "women" at the tower to fight racism. But you used the race card on Robert Gates and myself with such absence of difficulty; and that makes me question your credibility on this subject.

watchman.jpg

In the heat of the presidential election, I forgot about David

Duke's run for the U.S. Senate. He didn't do too well in

Louisiana's "jungle primary." Seventh place with 3% of the

vote. Ouch.

In the heat of the presidential election, I forgot about David

Duke's run for the U.S. Senate. He didn't do too well in

Louisiana's "jungle primary." Seventh place with 3% of the

vote. Ouch.

Trump won Louisiana by a very wide margin.    If the majority of Trump supporters are racist like you claim,  especially in the deep south,  why did so many in that state vote for Trump but NOT for Duke?               

Trump won Louisiana by a very wide margin.    If the majority of Trump supporters are racist like you claim,  especially in the deep south,  why did so many in that state vote for Trump but NOT for Duke?               

Perhaps they have matured and prefer the more subtle dog whistle

racism to the bullhorn kind. I don't think I've ever claimed that the

majority of Trump supporters are racists, and I wouldn't claim that

those who are are of the rabid variety, such as the Klan group in

N.C. who will be holding a celebration of Donny's victory in the

near future.

• Like 1

And this pundit is presumably well-paid for stating the obvious.

I wonder whether Christie is still a big Springsteen fan after the Boss headlined Hillary's final Philly rally on Monday. I'm glad I didn't go. I would have had an eerie feeling for the rest of my life.

They said it would be easier to monitor Trump's conflict of interest business deals if he would release his taxes.  Now that he has no political opponent in an election he could release them.

I wonder whether Christie is still a big Springsteen fan after the Boss headlined Hillary's final Philly rally on Monday. I'm glad I didn't go. I would have had an eerie feeling for the rest of my life.

CC has known for a long time that Bruce is a liberal Democrat,

so I doubt that Springsteen headlining that rally will do anything

to diminish Christie's Boss Love.

"when I’m president I’m going to allow Mike Pence to run foreign policy and domestic policy. I don’t want to be involved in these details, I’m not going to be involved in policy making. And then they said to him I think it was at a New York Times editorial board interview, well if Mike Pence is going to be running foreign policy and domestic policy, what are you going to be doing?

And he said, “I’m going to be making America great again.”

But look at the people that he is going to be empowering. And by and large they are the traditional, hard, hawkish right wing members of the Republican Party because the more moderate people, as at least that term is understood in Republican politics, were the ones who were essentially radically against him.

Mike Pence is a Christian supremacist. He is as radical of a Christian as Mullah Mohammed Omar was radical in his interpretation of Islam as head of the Taliban. This is a guy whose primary view of himself in the world is as a Christian warrior. And Dick Cheney certainly was an ideological figure whose ideology was rooted in a warped reading of the Federalist Papers and a notion of America First. Pence is all of that, although a kind of dime store version of that when it comes to neocon ideology, but is more motivated by an idea that Christianity needs to be saved and needs to govern the world.....

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/12/dissecting-a-trump-presidency/

• Like 2

The very fact that he even mentioned Steve Bannon as a possible chief of staff shows that he still does not get it. It could be a rough four (or hopefully less) years.

Presidential Terms that never reached the four years in the 20th Century--

* William McKinley

* Warren Harding

* Franklin D Roosevelt

* John F Kennedy

* Richard Nixon

What we have here is a mixed bag - -

2 Democrats

3 Republicans

2 assassinations

2 deaths in office

1 resignation for fear of impeachment

-- So you see in modern history, we have had enough examples of not reaching that 4 years, so that it wouldn't be a stretch to ponder that Trump may not reach it either--

Especially considering that he's the oldest man to ever take office at 70 years of age.