Bogie56

Trump's Appointments

834 posts in this topic

For those who wish to take comfort in the idea that the Donald will surround himself with good people to run the government it might be worth remembering that he staffed his Trump University with salesmen who had false credentials and no or little experience.

Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton announce publicly that they want to be Secretary of State. They are immediately listed as the frontrunners for the job, even though both are uniquely unqualified or ill-suited for the job. Am I missing something?

Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton announce publicly that they want to be Secretary of State. They are immediately listed as the frontrunners for the job, even though both are uniquely unqualified or ill-suited for the job. Am I missing something?

I'd go with Giuliani.  He's the more demonstative A H arrogant one of the two and will be a fitting representative of the Trump administration for the rest of the world.

I'd go with Giuliani.  He's the more demonstative A H arrogant one of the two and will be a fitting representative of the Trump administration for the rest of the world.

Giuliani would have been terrible in his younger days. Now he's adding senility to the mix.

• Like 1

Trump is seeking Top Secret security clearances for his children to include his son-in-law.  These are the same children who will be running his companies.

Trump is seeking Top Secret security clearances for his children to include his son-in-law.  These are the same children who will be running his companies.

What exactly is his son-in-law's background? He is one of Trump's top advisers.

What exactly is his son-in-law's background? He is one of Trump's top advisers.

35 year old husband of Ivanka, current owner of Kusher family real estate development company, BA Harvard, JD & MBA NYU, owner of New York Observer for a few things.  He was very involved in the campaign.

Nope. Heaven help us.........

This is a very entertaining and eye-opening Washington Post story.  It should certainly make one think twice about ever voting for a rank amateur again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/14/the-trump-administration-hasnt-even-started-yet-and-its-already-a-fiasco/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw5&wpmm=1

The Trump administration hasn’t even started yet, and it’s already a fiasco

Some little bits but one should read the entire short article ...

And as it begins to take shape, Trump’s administration is looking like some kind of mash-up of “Being There” and “American History X,” with just the combination of cluelessness and malice that you would have expected.

During their private White House meeting on Thursday, [President] Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

The man ran for president for a year and a half, and is surprised that the presidency is such a big job. Meanwhile, his aides were under the impression that the Obama staffers would stick around and be working for them now.

This is appalling, but it shouldn’t be surprising. Those of us who actually contemplated a Trump presidency during the campaign were particularly disturbed not just by Trump’s ignorance, but also by the fact that it was accompanied by a certainty that he knew everything he needed to know, despite the fact that he knew virtually nothing.

Too funny. Going to be one thrill ride.........

• Like 2

Maybe they could both do it just to add to the confusion.

This is a very entertaining and eye-opening Washington Post story.  It should certainly make one think twice about ever voting for a rank amateur again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/14/the-trump-administration-hasnt-even-started-yet-and-its-already-a-fiasco/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw5&wpmm=1

The Trump administration hasn’t even started yet, and it’s already a fiasco

said people familiar with the meeting.----- Trump aides were described by those people ----

Those of us who 

breaking-news-logo.jpg

it's a hard choice because I like them both, guiliani and bolton are both a-1 standup guys.  :)

I'm hoping for sarah palin as secretary of the interior. :lol:

it's a hard choice because I them both, guiliani and bolton are both a-1 standup guys.  :)

I'm hoping for sarah palin as secretary of the interior. :lol:

Palin will get Secretary of the Environment so she can oversee its total destruction.

• Like 1

For those who wish to take comfort in the idea that the Donald will surround himself with good people to run the government it might be worth remembering that he staffed his Trump University with salesmen who had false credentials and no or little experience.

The background of some of the instructors for TU were

investigated and some were much worse than just salesmen.

I can see Bolton, he does have foreign policy experience, but

I don't get Giuliani. Maybe Rudy just wants to fly around the

world for free.

Palin will get Secretary of the Environment so she can oversee its total destruction.

LMREO!!!!! It doesnt pay enough and she'd have to work............

The background of some of the instructors for TU were

investigated and some were much worse than just salesmen.

I can see Bolton, he does have foreign policy experience, but

I don't get Giuliani. Maybe Rudy just wants to fly around the

world for free.

Bolton's philosophy is bomb first, ask questions later. And I don't like his moustache.

Bolton's philosophy is bomb first, ask questions later. And I don't like his moustache.

Yep, it he had to rely solely on his face for his

fearsome reputation, he'd be in a world of trouble.

Non-hipster doofus.

After Bolton does what he considers to be his duty, there is no one left to answer any questions!

After Bolton does what he considers to be his duty, there is no one left to answer any questions!

Richard Haase, who was on Morning Joe today giving his opinions on the Secretaty of State selections, would himself be an excellent choice. I wonder if Trump watches Morning Joe.

It's turning into a disaster.  Too many problems already to mention.   Apparently anybody connected with Chris Christie is out and has nothing to do with bridgegate.

The Republicans in the Senate are going to be placed in the position of voting for people they know are unqualified.  But they are loyal Republicans and approve whoever Trump nominates.

• Like 1

Good to see Donny is doubling down on the outsider/anti-establisment

thing. You've been trumped. Before we drain the swamp we have to

expand it.

• Like 1

Latest from MSNBC:  Gov. Nikki Haley of S.C. being considered for Sec. of State.  Better than the other two candidates, but not a good one at all.  Her record in S.C. is not really that good overall.  Has done well in selling out the workers and taxpayers of the state to large corporations that want to come here, especially foreign ones.