Bogie56

Trump's Appointments

834 posts in this topic

LMREO!!! He'll be running his business and leave the important details to others.........

Right, I couldn't believe it at first. I read it here and when I looked at the bottom for the source, I expected to see The Onion.

"Meanwhile, his aides were under the impression that the Obama staffers would stick around and be working for them now."

LOL

(...emulating Hibi, our finest LOLer).

Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton announce publicly that they want to be Secretary of State. They are immediately listed as the frontrunners for the job, even though both are uniquely unqualified or ill-suited for the job. Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, you are not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/opinion/why-rudy-giuliani-shouldnt-be-secretary-of-state.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

How about Press Secretary? Surely sure-fire Kellyanne is the girl for the job. Who are they going to find that can spin better than she can?

How about Press Secretary? Surely sure-fire Kellyanne is the girl for the job. Who are they going to find that can spin better than she can?

She has a real mean chip on her shoulder toward the media.  i wonder where that came from?

That spin she did on rape surely won her the Academy Award of spinners.

• Like 1

35 year old husband of Ivanka, current owner of Kusher family real estate development company, BA Harvard, JD & MBA NYU, owner of New York Observer for a few things. He was very involved in the campaign.

Chris Christie put his dad in jail; is he still in jail?

Some say Trump is leaning toward climate change denier, Myron Ebell to head up the EPA.  Following in the footsteps of Dubya here.  Trump has previously called for the EPA to be dismantled.

Some say Trump is leaning toward climate change denier, Myron Ebell to head up the EPA.  Following in the footsteps of Dubya here.  Trump has previously called for the EPA to be dismantled.

..even though he doesn't know what the letters stand for.

..even though he doesn't know what the letters stand for.

LMREO!!!!

Voters get the leaders they deserve.........

Latest from MSNBC:  Gov. Nikki Haley of S.C. being considered for Sec. of State.  Better than the other two candidates, but not a good one at all.  Her record in S.C. is not really that good overall.  Has done well in selling out the workers and taxpayers of the state to large corporations that want to come here, especially foreign ones.  

And what experience does she have dealing with other countries? I guess she'd be better than Ted Cruz...........

Maybe she was fir

And what experience does she have dealing with other countries? I guess she'd be better than Ted Cruz.........

She has travelled to Germany, Sweden and India for economic development.  Her foreign experience is trying to get foreign companies to build or expand facilities in S.C. through generous tax and other incentives and being very anti-union.  I guess California and Washington state may be "foreign" as she worked to get Boeing to come here.

Her parents are Indian immigrants and her maiden name is Randhawa and first name is Nimrata.  At some point she converted to Methodist.

She has also worked along with legislature to make S.C. one of the most tax friendly places to do business in S.C. as well as having fewer protections for workers.

She was an accountant and primarily worked in her parents clothing business.  Was also a "representative" of a hospital about same time she was in legislature and this caused some controversy.  The legislature (very Republican) does not get along well with her, but that is improving.

She is also very anti-tax.  For example, she campaigns that S.C. personal income tax is too high at 7%.  Every financial organization in state knows it is actually 2.9% at most because of the very generous deductions and exclusions in S.C. tax system. Same for corporate income taxes.  She wanted military retirees to have 100% exemption of their retirement, even though current law permits exemption of first $30,000 retirement income for everyone.  A retired Lt. Col. receives about $60,000 per year plus Social Security (not taxed in S.C.) plus TRICARE which covers everything Medicare doesn't 100%.  Since many of them would also be about 50, they could compete with other residents for jobs by agreeing to take lower pay and decline insurance.

One factor is that there is very little political opportunity for her in S.C. after current term.  The US House seats are fairly locked in to the current Republicans and Tim Scott (Rep) just won reelection to US Senate.  Lindsey Graham (Rep) is the other US Senator and was reelected in 2014.  While not popular, he defeated six other Republicans in the primary in 2014 with over 50% of vote.

What a group. You can forget about Sarah. It doesnt pay enough and she'd have to work (though I guess she could have her underlings do the work for her)...

Maybe she was fir

She has travelled to Germany, Sweden and India for economic development.  Her foreign experience is trying to get foreign companies to build or expand facilities in S.C. through generous tax and other incentives and being very anti-union.  I guess California and Washington state may be "foreign" as she worked to get Boeing to come here.

Her parents are Indian immigrants and her maiden name is Randhawa and first name is Nimrata.  At some point she converted to Methodist.

She has also worked along with legislature to make S.C. one of the most tax friendly places to do business in S.C. as well as having fewer protections for workers.

She was an accountant and primarily worked in her parents clothing business.  Was also a "representative" of a hospital about same time she was in legislature and this caused some controversy.  The legislature (very Republican) does not get along well with her, but that is improving.

She is also very anti-tax.  For example, she campaigns that S.C. personal income tax is too high at 7%.  Every financial organization in state knows it is actually 2.9% at most because of the very generous deductions and exclusions in S.C. tax system. Same for corporate income taxes.  She wanted military retirees to have 100% exemption of their retirement, even though current law permits exemption of first $30,000 retirement income for everyone.  A retired Lt. Col. receives about $60,000 per year plus Social Security (not taxed in S.C.) plus TRICARE which covers everything Medicare doesn't 100%.  Since many of them would also be about 50, they could compete with other residents for jobs by agreeing to take lower pay and decline insurance.

One factor is that there is very little political opportunity for her in S.C. after current term.  The US House seats are fairly locked in to the current Republicans and Tim Scott (Rep) just won reelection to US Senate.  Lindsey Graham (Rep) is the other US Senator and was reelected in 2014.  While not popular, he defeated six other Republicans in the primary in 2014 with over 50% of vote.

I guess it could be worse...........

I remember when Haley first ran for governor someone came out

and accused her of having an affair with him. It was news for a

few days and then it kind of faded away. It seems she has no  more

experience than most governors--going on junkets to persuade

foreign companies to do business in their state. Kind of a thin

resume, not that it will make much of a difference.

Aha ha ha ha ha!

This just in from London's Evening Standard....

...Meanwhile, Ivana Trump, Donald's first wife, is manoeuvring to serve as US ambassador to her native Czech Republic.

Aha ha ha ha ha!

This just in from London's Evening Standard....

...Meanwhile, Ivana Trump, Donald's first wife, is manoeuvring to serve as US ambassador to her native Czech Republic.

LMREO! I believe it...........:D