Bogie56

Trump's Swamp - the Appointments

1,094 posts in this topic

Interesting take on what could be the good side (for America) if Trump did fire Sessions.  Unfortunately it requires a lot of back-bone, morality and ethics from Sessions.

Basically, it would free him up to testify to Congress and whoever else about what Trump and Trump campaign were up to.  It also might free up some right wing extremists to oppose Trump as they approve of Sessions more than Trump.  Many accepted Trump because Sessions backed him.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/07/25/how-sessions-regains-his-honor/?utm_term=.0a157c423be9&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

• Like 1

Sessions has too many votes to suppress to resign now, unless

his image as a true southern gentleman is put into risk by some

of Donny's antics, which is a possibility. I was holding back for

the first Mafia reference to Anthony Scaramucci. It came from

a Red State article titled Scaramucci Makes Sessions An Offer

He Can't Refuse, But Did. Let the fun begin.

• Like 3

45]4b5dbbaf39a9dde382353efcccf42218_bigger.Arieh KovlerVerified account @ariehkovler

More

Arieh Kovler Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Sessions HAS TO resign now. How can he possibly stay? Being publicly pressured by the President to prosecute his rivals and called weak.

Just watched on CNN Adam Schiff wanting Jeff Beauregard Sessions to keep his job as Attorney General.
  • Like 1

Anybody can make a mistake but this guy really is stupid.

( Remember His Brilliant performance during the Republican Primary Debates in 2008-- even Mitt Romney was trying to help him answer the questions because he felt so sorry for him. LOL)

• Like 3

Anybody can make a mistake but this guy really is stupid.

( Remember His Brilliant performance during the Republican Primary Debates in 2008-- even Mitt Romney was trying to help him answer the questions because he felt so sorry for him. LOL)

How many times did Texans elect him governor?

• Like 1

45]4b5dbbaf39a9dde382353efcccf42218_bigger.Arieh KovlerVerified account @ariehkovler

More

US Senate will block Trump from making recess appointments by never formally going into recess.

I doubt this.  That is the tactic they used with Obama, but to do it to a Republican president?  Especially the King of Tweets?  It would take more courage than they have displayed so far.

Of course, it would make a good situation for them to do it and Trump sue in Supreme Court to determine what a "recess" is Constitutionally.

My opinion is that if the majority are not in Washington, they are on recess regardless of what McConnell calls it.

• Like 1

Scaramucci still stands to profit from SkyBridge from the White House-

".....Scaramucci finally has his White House job, but he still stands to profit from an ownership stake in his investment firm SkyBridge Capital.

The investment firm, which Scaramucci founded in 2005, is in the process of being sold to RON Transatlantic and Chinese conglomerate HNA Group. The sale, set in motion in January when Scaramucci was shedding his holdings in anticipation of landing an administration job, has drawn the scrutiny of regulators and is taking longer than expected to close.

The inter-agency Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States is examining the deal to ensure that it carries no risk to national security. The panel’s review, which comes amid ramped-up scrutiny of business dealings with China, ultimately can be overruled by President Donald Trump."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/scaramucci-trump-skybridge-profits-241006

<_<

• Like 1

This just in, Breaking News- (and good news for all Kansans, editorial comment)

Kansas' embattled and beleaguered supply-side Governor, Sam Brownback, has been nominated by Trump to be appointed as the US Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom. Brownback is a recent convert to Roman Catholicism, having come from a Protestant background.

Prior to being Kansas Governor, Brownback was a US Senator for Kansas from 1996 to 2011, being elected to Bob Dole's old seat.

He first represented Kansas in Congress when he was elected to Kansas' 2nd Congressional District in 1994.

Last year, Governor Brownback's choice for the Republican Presidential nominee was not Trump, but Senator Ted Cruz, whom he supported in the Kansas Republican Primary.

The Governor is an undergrad of Kansas State University with a Law Degree from The University of Kansas.

Source: KANU, Kansas Public Radio

Scaramucci:  Priebus is a f...........g paranoid schizophrenic.  He also attacked Steve Bannon.  Several uses of the f bomb per the article.  This was in a night time phone call to New Yorker reporter Ryan Lizza.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/27/scaramucci-calls-priebus-a-f-king-paranoid-schizophrenic-in-rant/

I doubt the Mooch will go down as a great communicator.  More on how to win friends and influence enemies.

According to Chuck Todd on Meet the Press, Mooch has not even been officially hired yet.  Can we hope he won't be?

• Like 2

This just in, Breaking News- (and good news for all Kansans, editorial comment)

Kansas' embattled and beleaguered supply-side Governor, Sam Brownback, has been nominated by Trump to be appointed as the US Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom. Brownback is a recent convert to Roman Catholicism, having come from a Protestant background.

Prior to being Kansas Governor, Brownback was a US Senator for Kansas from 1996 to 2011, being elected to Bob Dole's old seat.

He first represented Kansas in Congress when he was elected to Kansas' 2nd Congressional District in 1994.

Last year, Governor Brownback's choice for the Republican Presidential nominee was not Trump, but Senator Ted Cruz, whom he supported in the Kansas Republican Primary.

The Governor is an undergrad of Kansas State University with a Law Degree from The University of Kansas.

Source: KANU, Kansas Public Radio

Maybe you and your fellow Kansans will finally be rid of him.  Then the state can start to get it together fiscal-wise.

Maybe you and your fellow Kansans will finally be rid of him.  Then the state can start to get it together fiscal-wise.

Well Kris Kobach,  the clown leading the so called voter fraud investigation,   had previously announced a while back that he would be running for governor.  Kobach supported the tax cuts,  saying he would have combined them with more spending cuts. 

A recent opinion survey by Fort Hays State University,  had Kobach with the highest name recognition of nine of the state's prominent politicians - but there is a silver lining;  he also received the lowest rating. 

(source is The Economist, July 22nd edition).  

• Like 1

45]GJ8zcy-z_bigger.jpgJohn HarwoodVerified account @JohnJHarwood

More

president says votes of non-citizens cancel out votes of lawful American citizens - something evidence suggests happens almost never

Trump has been listening to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach; this is one of his old arguments.

Unfortunately at this time, Kobach is under investigation by the Kansas Supreme Court's Office of Disciplinary Administration after a complaint was filed by a Kansas college student, who alleges that Kobach has a lack of respect for the courts--leading to ethical questions about his behavior as an attorney.

Kobach was fined $1,000 in US Magistrate Court last month because of "deceptive conduct and lack of candor" concerning a document--that Kobach was photographed carrying into a meeting with Donald Trump-- reportedly about proposed changes in the federal voting law.

Kobach denied he had any such document, after the ACLU took him to the court to obtain the alleged document.

In addition to being Kansas Secretary of State, Kobach is currently the Vice-Chair of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. Also, he is an announced candidate for Kansas Governor on the Republican ticket.

Source: The Kansas City Star, 7/17/17

Kris Kobach is currently being investigated by the Kansas Supreme Court

( see above).

Because of his activity of being overtly concerned about voter fraud and changing the state's voter ID law, the Kansas Secretary of State is widely publicized throughout the state.

While Kobach is not as thoroughly disliked by as many average Kansans as Brownback, the Secretary of State has a very poor reputation within the Republican Party.

However,in my opinion, if he would drop the Brownback economic policies, he could be a viable candidate.

His national work against illegal immigration has made him quite popular with some demographics in the state. I believe he helped to write the Arizona immigration law.

Scaramucci is going to be comic gold. Has the attitude and the

look of a made man. All he needs is a diamond pinky ring and

an open shirt with a gold necklace. Priebus better watch out

for an elephant's trunk in his bed. 

• Like 4

Scaramucci is going to be comic gold. Has the attitude and the

look of a made man. All he needs is a diamond pinky ring and

an open shirt with a gold necklace. Priebus better watch out

for an elephant's trunk in his bed.

Do you really think that Steve Bannon is going to take all this lying down?

I think Steve Bannon would be a formidable opponent.

• Like 1

Keith OlbermannVerified account @KeithOlbermann 2h2 hours ago

Just a quick reminder about where you've seen @Scaramucci before

DFxhkqRU0AAgomq.jpg

ScaramucciTA-820386468.jpg

"I'm like him how? You mean like I'm a clown like him? I make you laugh? I'm here to amuse you? HOW THE **** AM I LIKE HIM!?!"

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 2

Do you really think that Steve Bannon is going to take all this lying down?

I think Steve Bannon would be a formidable opponent.

I guess it all matters if Bannon isn't attempting the anatomically

difficult auto-erotic feat that Tony talked about in his interview.

Stevie would probably be a worthy opponent, at least ideologically,

but in a street fight, Scaramucci would beat him to a pulp. Bannon's

disheveled grad student look doesn't bode well for that match up.

I just took another look at that big photo of Anthony "Tony Walnuts"

Scaramucci. What self-respecting Mafia guy wears an American

flag pin in his lapel. C'mon man, mob up.

• Like 1

It appears that Reeces Peanuts was on Air Force One with Trump when he got the tweet that he had been fired.

If this is so it is just another example of what a true coward and morally bankrupt person Trump is.

• Like 3

Secretary of Homeland Security, General John F Kelly is the new White House Chief of Staff.

Why does this remind me of Richard Nixon's Chief of Staff,

General Alexander Haig?

Gen. Haig was credited with keeping executive business moving in the

Oval Office as Nixon became more and more obsessed with and embroiled in Watergate.