Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

306 posts in this topic

With the Modern History of the United States being as it is, anyone who is elected to be vice president should be prepared to assume the office of the presidency at a moment's notice.

With all the maniac brouhaha swarming around Trump, the media has not focused enough on running mate, Mike Pence.

In the wake of his election victory, we actually know very little about him.

What I have heard about him does not sound very positive. I've heard that he is brutally anti-gay and militantly against women having control over their own bodies.

I would invite anyone who has information about Mike Pence's record in Congress or as governor to come forward and Enlighten us.

In this thread we can learn about Pence and what we can expect from him.

"when I’m president I’m going to allow Mike Pence to run foreign policy and domestic policy. I don’t want to be involved in these details, I’m not going to be involved in policy making. And then they said to him I think it was at a New York Times editorial board interview, well if Mike Pence is going to be running foreign policy and domestic policy, what are you going to be doing?

And he said, “I’m going to be making America great again.”

But look at the people that he is going to be empowering. And by and large they are the traditional, hard, hawkish right wing members of the Republican Party because the more moderate people, as at least that term is understood in Republican politics, were the ones who were essentially radically against him.

Mike Pence is a Christian supremacist. He is as radical of a Christian as Mullah Mohammed Omar was radical in his interpretation of Islam as head of the Taliban. This is a guy whose primary view of himself in the world is as a Christian warrior. And Dick Cheney certainly was an ideological figure whose ideology was rooted in a warped reading of the Federalist Papers and a notion of America First. Pence is all of that, although a kind of dime store version of that when it comes to neocon ideology, but is more motivated by an idea that Christianity needs to be saved and needs to govern the world.....

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/12/dissecting-a-trump-presidency/

This is a thought-provoking comment.

"Mike Pence looks like a guy who watched too many episodes of “Mary Tyler Moore” as a kid and came away imprinted by the character of Ted Baxter, the pompous and self-deluded silver-haired newsman, whose perpetual cluelessness amused millions of TV watchers across the country.

Little Mike appears to have seen Ted’s uninformed close-mindedness as a virtue and grew up to become an unapologetic evangelical social conservative who sees the last 40 years of progress on abortion, gay rights, civil rights, criminal justice reform and race relations as a disaster for the country.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/think-trump-is-scary-check-out-mike-pence-on-the-issues_us_57f137d5e4b095bd896a11db

:ph34r:

• Like 1

This is a thought-provoking comment.

It's possible that Mike Pence's agenda could be just as dangerous as Dick Cheney's neo-con Halliburton disaster.

However, Pence, the man, is inferior to Dick Cheney in every way imaginable-- in terms a government experience, connections and intellect.

Mike Pence is no Dick Cheney.

He is the more sinister, pretending to be "kinder and softer", version of Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. Key difference is that he won't tell you to your face like they will.

"George, look..." essentially means "George, the answer is yes but I can't say that because I might need more voter support later".

Here is the latest on gays: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-assault-lgbtq-equality_us_58275a17e4b02d21bbc8ff9b?hl=1&noRedirect=1

... and an earlier article on women: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a4494411/mike-pence-anti-abortion-views/

I am at the opinion that people who voted for Trump/Pence fell into three categories:

1.) White heterosexual Christians who are bigots

2.) White heterosexual Christians who are not bigots and have no racial hate in their blood at all. They just simply don't care if those in power do, since it won't impact them. (This includes members of my own family regrettably.)

3.) Everybody else who had no idea what they were doing and are in for a surprise...

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

"Mike Pence looks like a guy who watched too many episodes of “Mary Tyler Moore” as a kid and came away imprinted by the character of Ted Baxter, the pompous and self-deluded silver-haired newsman, whose perpetual cluelessness amused millions of TV watchers across the country.

Little Mike appears to have seen Ted’s uninformed close-mindedness as a virtue and grew up to become an unapologetic evangelical social conservative who sees the last 40 years of progress on abortion, gay rights, civil rights, criminal justice reform and race relations as a disaster for the country.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/think-trump-is-scary-check-out-mike-pence-on-the-issues_us_57f137d5e4b095bd896a11db

Social Conservative is just a nice sounding term for a hateful

Racist -Sexist -Bigot.

Social Conservative is just a nice sounding term for a hateful

Racist -Sexist -Bigot.

He is the more sinister, pretending to be "kinder and softer", version of Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. Key difference is that he won't tell you to your face like they will.

"George, look..." essentially means "George, the answer is yes but I can't say that because I might need more voter support later".

Here is the latest on gays: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-assault-lgbtq-equality_us_58275a17e4b02d21bbc8ff9b?hl=1&noRedirect=1

... and an earlier article on women: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a4494411/mike-pence-anti-abortion-views/

I am at the opinion that people who voted for Trump/Pence fell into three categories:

2.) White heterosexual Christians who are not bigots and have no racial hate in their blood at all. They just simply don't care if those in power do, since it won't impact them. (This includes members of my own family regrettably.)

3.) Everybody else who had no idea what they were doing and are in for a surprise...

hqdefault.jpg

I think the people in the #2 categories are just the worst--

They are the category of people who the Allied soldiers demanded dig graves for the Holocaust victims in the death camps. Because although they were living near by they claimed to have had no idea what was going on. But of course they knew what was going on, but since it wouldn't affect them--they didn't care.

hqdefault.jpg

They are the category of people who the Allied soldiers demanded dig graves for the Holocaust victims in the death camps. Because although they were living near by they claimed to have had no idea what was going on. But of course they knew what was going on, but since it wouldn't affect them--they didn't care.

Now now... you are discussing people I know... :)  Believe me, I pleaded with them that they were making a mistake. :unsure:

Pence's ascension is in line with a recent trend toward influential vice presidents and appears similar to the last vice president who was handed the keys to a presidential transition: Dick Cheney.....

https://www.apnews.com/fbc87f70c8b84e588c1ae22690bc1a69/Pence's-transition-job-could-signal-key-role-in-White-House

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/11/11/24687692/president-pence-is-happening

trump-and-pence-cartoon-beeler.jpg?w=102

Pence has replaced Chris Christie as the head of Trump's presidential transition team.

Now now... you are discussing people I know... :) Believe me, I pleaded with them that they were making a mistake. :unsure:

In life we all come in as an individual and in death we all go out as an individual.

Each individual human being is responsible for her or his own beliefs and actions.

Yeah... but look on the bright side. Trump and Pence will be very gentle in how they handle everybody with the CIA.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/11/trump-cia-torture/

Jose Rodriguez, the former director of the National Clandestine Service, helped developed the CIA black sites, secret prisons operated in foreign countries where interrogators used a range of torture tactics, including the use of “waterboarding,” the simulated drowning technique once used by the Khmer Rouge and Nazi agents to glean information from detainees.

At least 136 individuals were detained and tortured by the CIA. Interrogation tactics also included forced nudity, sleep deprivation while being vertically shackled, and confinement in a small box.

Rodriguez is unapologetic about his role in the program, telling 60 Minutes that “we did the right thing for the right reason,” even if it meant “going to the border of legality.”

The suggestion that Rodriguez may head the CIA was made in a post-election prediction document published by Dentons, a law and lobbying firm where Trump confidant Newt Gingrich serves as a senior advisor. Dentons was also retained by Make American Number 1, one of the primary Super PACs supporting Trump’s candidacy.

Perhaps if those Allied soldiers knew what it was like to live

under a dictatorship they would have been a little more

understanding of people's reluctance to act against the

Nazis, which could lead to very serious consequences.

Wonder if the Russian soldiers were not quite as quick

to do the same thing. Probably not.

Perhaps if those Allied soldiers knew what it was like to live

under a dictatorship they would have been a little more

understanding of people's reluctance to act against the

Nazis, which could lead to very serious consequences.

Wonder if the Russian soldiers were not quite as quick

to do the same thing. Probably not.

I hesitate to say what I think some of the Russian soldiers would have been doing instead of the above, to some of the female members of the village.

I hesitate to say what I think some of the Russian soldiers would have been doing instead of the above, to some of the female members of the village.

Yes, the Red Army was notorious for its atrocities against German civilians.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Russians taking into account the

pressures of living under a police state dictatorship, as that was how they

lived. But in the heat of war I doubt they gave that much thought.

Mike Pence will try to get Trump to stack the Supreme Court with right wing zealots that will get rid of Roe V. Wade, Marriage Equality, the remnants of the Voting Rights Act, freedom of the press, immigration rights, and civil liberties.....and allow the Administration unfettered torture, religious, racial and sexual intolerance, rape of the environment in the name of corporate profits, and otherwise abuse many of the freedoms that have made America great. Ironic, considering they ran on this slogan. It's going to be a long scary four years.....

• Like 2

Mike Pence will try to get Trump to stack the Supreme Court with right wing zealots that will get rid of Roe V. Wade, Marriage Equality, the remnants of the Voting Rights Act, freedom of the press, immigration rights, and civil liberties.....and allow the Administration unfettered torture, religious, racial and sexual intolerance, rape of the environment in the name of corporate profits, and otherwise abuse many of the freedoms that have made America great. Ironic, considering they ran on this slogan. It's going to be a long scary four years.....

Yes, I believe both Trump and Pence have a Proto -fascist agenda.

Due to the changing demographics in America as well as the changing attitudes of young people, this may be the right-wing's last gasp of power. So I'm sure they'll try to make the most of it. But their fate has already been doomed.

Talking about immigration - - what's that about closing the Barn Door after the cows have been stolen. All these people are already here and they're not going anyplace.

Yes, I believe both Trump and Pence have a Proto -fascist agenda.

Due to the changing demographics in America as well as the changing attitudes of young people, this may be the right-wing's last gasp of power. So I'm sure they'll try to make the most of it. But their fate has already been doomed.

Talking about immigration - - what's that about closing the Barn Door after the cows have been stolen. All these people are already here and they're not going anyplace.

Yes, in the waning days of the campaign Trump literally warned of the apocalypse and that America would cease to exist if he wasn't elected.  He said that this was the very last chance to make America great again - why? - because immigration and demographics would ruin their planned agenda.

• Like 1

Yes, in the waning days of the campaign Trump literally warned of the apocalypse and that America would cease to exist if he wasn't elected.  He said that this was the very last chance to make America great again - why? - because immigration and demographics would ruin their planned agenda.

nytimes.com

“Can Hillary Clinton do a better job inspiring people from the White House than she has from the campaign stage? Would it become easier or harder to do without Trump around to embody everything she has ever opposed and scare the daylights out of her base? ‘Don’t blow this’ is what Clinton hears most often these days, she told me, or variations thereof. As it has turned out, Clinton, who began her campaign intent on breaking the last barrier — the glass ceiling — has found her most compelling rationale in her own role as a barrier, a bulwark against the impossible alternative. As I was leaving our interview, she smiled, looked me in the eyes and left me with a casual reminder. ‘As I’ve told people,’ she said, ‘I’m the last thing standing between you and the apocalypse.'”

Trump did say in his recent interview with Lesley Stahl that gay marriage is "settled in the court". Trump isn't as emotionally committed to overturning it as much as Pence and the angry supporters hoping he will. Frankly, he does not care one way or another. It does not bother him in the least since he himself is only interesting in grabbing p***y.

Mike Pence is quiet about it... for now. We will see what happens late in their administration when they think they may lose the next election. That is when all of the real fun begins.

nytimes.com

“Can Hillary Clinton do a better job inspiring people from the White House than she has from the campaign stage? Would it become easier or harder to do without Trump around to embody everything she has ever opposed and scare the daylights out of her base? ‘Don’t blow this’ is what Clinton hears most often these days, she told me, or variations thereof. As it has turned out, Clinton, who began her campaign intent on breaking the last barrier — the glass ceiling — has found her most compelling rationale in her own role as a barrier, a bulwark against the impossible alternative. As I was leaving our interview, she smiled, looked me in the eyes and left me with a casual reminder. ‘As I’ve told people,’ she said, ‘I’m the last thing standing between you and the apocalypse.'”

Yes, she was spinning Trump's words.  You just didn't get the joke.