Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

359 posts in this topic

45]5kuuC-pL_bigger.jpgLaurence TribeVerified account @tribelaw

More

Don't try this at home, @realDonaldTrump, because the U.S. Constitution's structure RULES OUT self-pardon

I guess Trump feels he can't count on Pence to pardon him.

Saw a Constitutional Law expert from a major law school on TV this morning.  Constitution does not preclude self-pardoning by president.  If Trump did, it would go to Supreme Court and they would decide 5-4 in his favor.  Roberts might balk, but would probably agree.

Pence would not pardon him because he wants to be elected president and he will remember what happened to Gerald Ford.

Just as with Nixon, resignation and pardon may be in the best interest of the country.

• Like 1

I saw a report last week showing different interview clips, where Pence was Asked this question; he never answered it outright. As the song says, " Things that make you go Hmmmmm......"

"Let me be clear ..."

- Mike Pence

"(followed by gobbly-gouk)"

• Like 1

Will this stop those ugly rumors started by the "failing fake news"

New York Times about Pence gearing up for a presidential run in 2020?

I don't think so. LOL

Will this stop those ugly rumors started by the "failing fake news"

New York Times about Pence gearing up for a presidential run in 2020?

I don't think so. LOL

Pence came out very strongly against the NY Times story so he has tried to stop the rumors.   Now I don't believe what Pence said,  but one can't fault Pence for not being able to stop rumors about him running for President in 2020.

THE TIMES STRIKES BACK

The other day, from the Naval Observatory in Washington, you heard a howl of such volume and anguish that it cracked mirrors and sent small forest animals scurrying for cover. Vice President Mike Pence was furious. He was offended. Someone — namely, my Times colleagues Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns — had dared to call him out on the fact that he seemed to be laying the groundwork for a presidential bid.

Problem No. 1: His president is still in the first year of his first term. Problem No. 2: That president is Donald Trump, who doesn’t take kindly to any glimmer that people in his employ are putting their vanity or agenda before his. Just ask Steve Bannon. Or Anthony Scaramucci. They were too big for their britches, and Trump snatched their britches away.

The Times report put Pence in similar peril, so he pushed back with an operatic outrage that showed just how close to the bone it had cut. When a story’s actually wrong, you eviscerate it, exposing its erroneous assertions without ever breaking a sweat. When it’s a stink bomb at odds with your plotting, you set your jaw, redden your face and proclaim it “disgraceful,” never detailing precisely how.

[emphasis above mine---laffite]

More at >>>>

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/opinion/sorry-mike-pence-youre-doomed.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

• Like 2

45]

DioqomJy_bigger.jpgVice President PenceVerified account @VP

More

Vice President Pence Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Under @POTUS' leadership, the time has come to cut taxes across the board for working families, small businesses, and family farms.

This guy's message, just like his salary, comes directly from the Koch Brothers. He has absolutely no shame. Every time the Koch Brothers have one of their Chichi Confabs, he has no problem loudly publicizing his appearance.

His statement is virtually verbatim to the radio spots that the Koch Brothers are running in Kansas.

I'm beginning to think that they placed him in that position as a show of their power and strength.

Well, The Koch Brothers didn't get very far with Governor Sam Brownback in Kansas, however, they may make it further with Mike Pence in DC.

• Like 1

Mike Pence WAS a Roman Catholic---Now he is a born-again Christian.

Personally, I can't imagine this trajectory.

This baffles me!

Just saying....

I was not baffled when barack obama changed his position on same-sex marriage. :D

Mike Pence WAS a Roman Catholic---Now he is a born-again Christian.

Personally, I can't imagine this trajectory.

This baffles me!

Just saying....

Papy--

I've got another one for you.

Our cold-hearted Kansas governor, who refused to enlarge Medicaid to include indigent people who were not minors, disabled or senior citizens,

( because he didn't approve of Obamacare and did not want to accept Federal funding from Obama)

several years ago did something similar-- but really the opposite of what Pence did.

He changed from being an Evangelical Christian to being a Roman Catholic Christian.

Whatever Sam Brownback wants to call himself, he does not have any Christian Compassion for those less fortunate than himself.

He was also famous for saying that one reason people are poor is because they have children and they don't get married.

But he left out the part that he married one of the richest women in the state.

I guess we all can't marry up like that, can we?

Pence, in IN, says Trump administration 'undeterred' on Obamacare-

"....Vice President Mike Pence returned to Indiana Friday to drum up support for tax reform, but also turned his attention to health care as Republican support for a new effort to repeal Obamacare dwindled...

After acknowledging the effort would not be easy, Pence said he and Trump were "undeterred" and could not "in good conscience abandon this cause."

"A vote against Graham-Cassidy is a vote to save Obamacare," Pence said at Anderson's Flagship East business incubator. "The Republican majority in Congress in particular was not elected to save Obamacare, they were elected to repeal and replace it —"

Pence later turned to the topic of tax reform, the issue that was originally billed as the focus of the event. But any effort to cut taxes could be complicated by the lack of action on health care....

...Details of the tax plan are still being developed, but Pence said it would cut taxes for working families and small businesses while simplifying the tax system so that

most people could file their taxes on a single sheet of paper.....

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/22/vice-president-pence-lands-indianapolis-ready-talk-tax-reform-anderson/689607001/

-Hey, support OUR tax reform..........uuuh, it'll save TREES ?

:blink:

• Like 1

45]DioqomJy_bigger.jpgVice President PenceVerified account @VP

More

I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.

45]TdvI4LrL_bigger.jpgMolly KnightVerified account @molly_knight

More

Molly Knight Retweeted Vice President Pence

You're cool with @POTUS disrespecting women, gold star parents, the disabled, Puerto Rico, the CIA, the FBI, POWs, and the free press tho.

2b07.png

• Like 2

45]yv-YqI5w_bigger.jpgJudd LegumVerified account @JuddLegum

More

Judd Legum Retweeted Vice President Pence

Pence is OUTRAGED that a few NFL players took a knee before a football game, SILENT about white supremacist rally in C'ville last night

1) Black Football players kneel to protest white supremacy.

2) This angers the vice president.

3) Vice president doesn't speak out against white supremacy rally in Charlottesville last night.

4)So, Black American Citizens don't or shouldn't have the right to protest white racism,

but white supremacist racists have a right to Rally to Promote white racism.

It appears the Pence team prepared for his actions well in advance of the game.  The tweets were letter perfect and fired off very quickly.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/10/09/its-not-the-cost-of-pences-trip-that-was-galling-it-was-the-preparation-for-it/?undefined=&utm_term=.b3684de06092&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

• Like 1

1024x1024.jpg

"Hi, everybody. I'm here because I love football. I'm not here for a public paid trip for a cheap political stunt."

pence_mike-1040x572.jpg

"Okay, I see somebody on his knees down there. I'M OUTTAHERE!"

"No, Mr. Vice President, not yet. That's somebody looking for a contact lenses under a seat."

"Oh, okay. Hey, what's that's over there? Do I see somebody kneeling? I'M OUTTAHERE!!!"

"No, Mr. Vice President, not yet. That's a man in a wheelchair who partially slipped out of it."

"Oh, okay. Hey, look there. That's GOLD! Football players on their knees. I'M OUTTAHERE!!!"

"Goodbye, Mr. Vice President."

• Like 2