Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

354 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

The percentage of Americans who live out their religion on a weekly basis – by praying, going to church, and reading and believing in the Bible – has remained remarkably consistent over the decades, even as the population of the United States has grown by leaps and bounds.

Pence is Vice President of the United States under the US Constitution. He is supposed to represent all Americans, and the freedom to have religion or not to have religion.

These kind of statements not only make him look Prejudiced, but they also make him look as though he wants to put Americans in a hierarchy of categories according to his preferences.

He has not been hired to promote any church or religion in the United States. He's been hired to represent all Americans fairly and with equal consideration.

Having said all that, his statement is erroneous and he seems to be promoting one religion in His official federal government capacity, which is Un-American and unconstitutional.

America is not a theocracy, like Iran-- somebody needs to tell Pence that he's way out of line with these kind of bogus comments.

On 5/11/2018 at 1:42 AM, ChristineHoard said:

Great column by George Will who is someone I seldom agree with.  Pence is a toady, a sycophant, a homophobic jerk.

George F. had somewhat of a "Come-to-Jesus Moment" after Bill O'Reilly humiliated him and kicked him off Fox.

:rolleyes:

'Idiotic' 'Wasteful' 'Ridiculous': Mike Pence Pilloried as He Puts on His Serious Face to Make Case for Trump's Space Force

"But how are we going to pay for investments in public infrastructure, public education, socialized medicine and renewable energy?" "Aw, f**k it. Who knows. Let's just spend that money on a Space Force instead!".....

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/08/09/idiotic-wasteful-ridiculous-mike-pence-pilloried-he-puts-his-serious-face-make-case

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:
Replying to @JoyceWhiteVance

He has always had one job: stay out of trouble, ascend to the Presidency

AE5qEvUL?format=jpg&name=600x314

In the 20th century, a handful of men have accomplished what Mike Pence is striving for-- to ascend to the presidency from the vice presidency:

Teddy Roosevelt

Calvin Coolidge

Harry Truman

Lyndon Johnson

Gerald Ford

All of these Vice presidents, except one, Gerald Ford became president after the death of the incumbent.

Succeeding a president without ever having been elected president yourself is no easy feat.

Of the five men: Roosevelt, Coolidge, Truman and Johnson were elected to their own terms of office.

While Ford was defeated by Jimmy Carter.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

So far, evangelical Christians are sticking by Trump. But if "Trump paid for an abortion of his own child and is unrepentant about it, like he is everything else," they will walk, Christian talk show host @SteveDeaceShow tells me

https://qz.com/1368890/the-one-thing-that-could-drive-evangelical-christians-away-from-trump/

jCbi3a-o?format=jpg&name=600x314

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Prayers

trump:  Dear God, please don't let them impeach me but, God's will be done.

Michael Cohen (directly behind trump): Dear God, please let my testimony impeach trump, but not put me in jail; but God's will be done.

Mike Pence( to the left of trump): God's will be done.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:42 AM, ChristineHoard said:

Great column by George Will who is someone I seldom agree with.  Pence is a toady, a sycophant, a homophobic jerk.

And only impeachment stands between him and us. We must pick our poison it seems.

2 hours ago, calvinnme said:

And only impeachment stands between him and us. We must pick our poison it seems.

I didn't vote for that ******* or his running mate.

I remember reading an article about Pence which mentioned that some evangelicals

believe in a doctrine that, on occasion, the purposes of evangelicals can be achieved

through a leader who is sinful and far from being a good Christian himself. I can't

remember if this doctrine has a name, but some examples from OT and NT history

were used. So this may be how some evangelicals, perhaps including Pence, view Donny

Trump.

5 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I remember reading an article about Pence which mentioned that some evangelicals

believe in a doctrine that, on occasion, the purposes of evangelicals can be achieved

through a leader who is sinful and far from being a good Christian himself. I can't

were used. So this may be how some evangelicals, perhaps including Pence, view Donny

Trump.

In some circles this is called 'the devil made me do it'.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Trump.

I'm sick of these evangelicals deciding how everything should be for every one of us.  What ever happened to separation of church and state?  Pence can take his "holier than thou" attitude and shove it up his ***.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

I'm sick of these evangelicals deciding how everything should be for every one of us.  What ever happened to separation of church and state?  Pence can take his "holier than thou" attitude and shove it up his ***.

I have been sick of them for decades.    Here in CA we did tell them to shove it;  they have little to no power.   But to live in a state where even 30% of the citizens are evangelicals;  That has to be hard.

:unsure:

Mike Pence, 'Christian supremacist':

6 key takeaways from a new book

"....The authors paint a conflicting portrait of Pence’s abilities. They say he was the least qualified vice presidential candidate since Sarah Palin and Spiro Agnew, with his background as an “inept” legislator in Congress and a “middling" governor who didn’t like to work hard and was more interested in the status of the job than the job itself. (Pence, they write, was the first governor to order up a collection of custom-embroidered clothes decorated with his name and the words “Governor of Indiana.”)

Yet despite that lackluster background, the authors say Pence has been functioning as a kind of shadow president, “taking on so many domestic, foreign and partisan political assignments that he seemed more engaged in serious matters than the TV-addicted president himself.”....

"It’s kind of like saying, 'I have terminal cancer but I don’t want to deal with it because I might get diabetes,' " he said. "You have to deal with the first problem, and then we’ll deal with the second problem."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/23/mike-pence-book-calls-vice-president-christian-supremacist/1062696002/

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

In some circles this is called 'the devil made me do it'.

Probably not in these circles. I think it's a more religious and intellectualized

version of Hey, Trump is doing stuff we like so who cares how he behaves.

2 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

Well they've been at it for the last forty years or so. Before Trump came along the

evangelicals weren't doing very well, losing on issues like women's rights, gay

marriage, a more secular society. The only victory was making abortions more

difficult to get in some states. No wonder they've go gaga over Donny boy.

• Like 1

Vice President Mike PenceVerified account @VP

Great being at the @SenateGOP policy lunch today. Judge Brett Kavanaugh deserves the support of every member of the United States Senate. As I said last week, Democrats in the Senate have gone from "advice and consent" to "resist and obstruct"...

---------------------------------------------

Joe ScarboroughVerified account @JoeNBC 18h18 hours ago

Mike, this is shameless. Republicans refused to even speak to Merrick Garland. Why does any Republican nominee “deserve the support of every member of the US Senate” when GOP tribalism torched the process?

(& has no problem w/SCOTUS being nominee of suspected criminal?)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Vice President Mike PenceVerified account @VP

Great being at the @SenateGOP policy lunch today. Judge Brett Kavanaugh deserves the support of every member of the United States Senate. As I said last week, Democrats in the Senate have gone from "advice and consent" to "resist and obstruct"...

---------------------------------------------

Joe ScarboroughVerified account @JoeNBC 18h18 hours ago

Mike, this is shameless. Republicans refused to even speak to Merrick Garland. Why does any Republican nominee “deserve the support of every member of the US Senate” when GOP tribalism torched the process?

(& has no problem w/SCOTUS being nominee of suspected criminal?)

you mean advise and consent.

:)