Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

362 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

"Any time I’m criticized for my belief in Jesus Christ, I just breathe a prayer of praise," Vice President Mike Pence said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/31/mike-pence-quotes-bible-response-being-called-christian-supremacist/1161092002/

KnqfDo4S?format=jpg&name=600x314

Pence is primarily criticized for his total and unrelenting support of a man who is a racist, a misogynist, anti US Constitution, an accused and admitted sexual predator, and a bully--just to name a few negative liabilities of trump.

As much as Pence may try, it's too late for him to hide behind the cross.

He has willingly and continually supported a man like trump and now he hasn't got the guts to own up to why people are criticizing him.

• Like 2

^_^

Mike Pence dumped his college fiancee for being a ‘sinner’ and narced on his beer-drinking frat bros: report

".........As he became more conservative and judgmental, Pence turned in brothers from his fraternity, Phi Gamma Delta, for drinking beer.

“Eventually his faith led him to reject some friends and even regard his fiancée, Karen, as a sinner whom he would have to forgive in order to marry,” the report says. “These habits of mind, later revealed in his hostility to equality for gay people and even climate science, were formed when he was barely an adult.”

Pence’s classmates say he was a “cruel” Christian who alienated former friends with his judgemental attitude.....

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/mike-pence-dumped-college-fiancee-sinner-narced-beer-drinking-frat-bros-report/#.W58VJIYH5E8.twitter

• Sad 1

To paraphrase Cheech and Chong: Pence used to be **** up on being a frat boy now he's **** up on the Lord.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language

‘Complicit’ Mike Pence Blasted Over ‘Freedom Of The Press’ Defense Tweet

“Ironic post of the day, award winner!”

Vice President Mike Pence faced accusations of hypocrisy on Monday night after he tweeted about the importance of “freedom of the press.”

Deeply troubled to hear reports about Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi. If true, this is a tragic day. Violence against journalists across the globe is a threat to freedom of the press & human rights. The free world deserves answers.

— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) October 8, 2018

The irony of Pence’s post was not lost on Twitter users, many of whom accused him of being complicit in President Donald Trump’s repeated attacks on reporters and media outlets’ critical coverage of the administration: ...

Seriously? You and Trump created this by screaming “Fake News” at legitimate journalists. You and Trump are responsible for this and own it. I cannot fathom how you and trump created this threat then ask for answers. Look in the mirror. ?

— Kandi Davis (@Kandid61Kandi) October 8, 2018

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-tweet-journalist-violence_us_5bbc4a4ce4b01470d054863f?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

What’s going on with Pence?

"......THE FACE OF THE HOUSE REPUBLICAN CONFERENCE is changing. The face of Texas is definitely changing -- Flores is the fifth House R from the state to announce he’s done with Congress. And the 12 retirements so far will likely make it tougher for the GOP to take back the House.

-- ALL EYES on NC-9 for a serious gut check six days from today.

WHAT IS UP WITH THE VP? … On Tuesday, WaPo’s Bob Costa -- the print pooler for this VP MIKE PENCE trip to Europe -- was among the reporters who spoke to MARC SHORT, the VP’s chief of staff, and asked him why the vice president was staying at the Trump Hotel in Doonbeg, Ireland, instead of Dublin, where the VP needed to be for official business. Dublin is nearly 300 kilometers from Doonbeg.

SHORT -- who has spent his career working in politics, and for many years in very close proximity to Pence -- said these words: “It’s like when we went through the trip, it’s like, well, he’s going to Doonbeg because that’s where the Pence family is from. It’s like, ‘Well, you should stay at my place.’”

MY PLACE, meaning the president’s hotel. Meaning the leader of the free world -- who is higher than Pence on the food chain, and is known to demand loyalty -- suggested he stay at that hotel.

NOW, Pence’s team is having to clean this up..........

ANOTHER EXAMPLE of … interesting trips by the VP. Others included a much-maligned visit to a border facility back in July, and another that almost put him in contact with a man who was about to be arrested on criminal drug charges (it was canceled). That’s not to say Pence is not an effective surrogate domestically (he’s been the face of the USMCA, the president’s trade deal with Canada and Mexico) and internationally. But this does back up some of the what’s-going-on-with-the-VP talk that is so pervasive in some corners of the Trump universe. ....

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2019/09/04/whats-going-on-with-pence-474324?cid=su_tw_pm

:unsure:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

What’s going on with Pence?

"......THE FACE OF THE HOUSE REPUBLICAN CONFERENCE is changing. The face of Texas is definitely changing -- Flores is the fifth House R from the state to announce he’s done with Congress. And the 12 retirements so far will likely make it tougher for the GOP to take back the House.

-- ALL EYES on NC-9 for a serious gut check six days from today.

WHAT IS UP WITH THE VP? … On Tuesday, WaPo’s Bob Costa -- the print pooler for this VP MIKE PENCE trip to Europe -- was among the reporters who spoke to MARC SHORT, the VP’s chief of staff, and asked him why the vice president was staying at the Trump Hotel in Doonbeg, Ireland, instead of Dublin, where the VP needed to be for official business. Dublin is nearly 300 kilometers from Doonbeg.

SHORT -- who has spent his career working in politics, and for many years in very close proximity to Pence -- said these words: “It’s like when we went through the trip, it’s like, well, he’s going to Doonbeg because that’s where the Pence family is from. It’s like, ‘Well, you should stay at my place.’”

MY PLACE, meaning the president’s hotel. Meaning the leader of the free world -- who is higher than Pence on the food chain, and is known to demand loyalty -- suggested he stay at that hotel.

NOW, Pence’s team is having to clean this up..........

ANOTHER EXAMPLE of … interesting trips by the VP. Others included a much-maligned visit to a border facility back in July, and another that almost put him in contact with a man who was about to be arrested on criminal drug charges (it was canceled). That’s not to say Pence is not an effective surrogate domestically (he’s been the face of the USMCA, the president’s trade deal with Canada and Mexico) and internationally. But this does back up some of the what’s-going-on-with-the-VP talk that is so pervasive in some corners of the Trump universe. ....

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2019/09/04/whats-going-on-with-pence-474324?cid=su_tw_pm

:unsure:

Unless Pence was also asked by Trump to bring Nikki along,  I don't see anything here.

• Confused 1

I heard (not verified) that Pence met with the leader of Ireland and his husband and says that he is re-thinking his belief about conversion therapy for gays - which included electric shock therapy!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I heard (not verified) that Pence met with the leader of Ireland and his husband and says that he is re-thinking his belief about conversion therapy for gays - which included electric shock therapy!!!

I assume this is a joke especially since the research paper that just came out.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yeah, even if the cause is not genetic, Pence is still a wacko to believe electrocuting people to form some Pavlovian aversion to it will work.

6 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

No joke I'm Afraid.

Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election

"....... the relationship between their political teams has soured greatly in the past year, according to a dozen Trump and Pence aides and Republican advisers familiar with the dynamic. In particular, rumors that Kushner and Ivanka Trump wanted to consider replacements for Pence — specifically trying to find a woman running mate to help win back the suburbs in 2020 — have worried the vice president’s camp, ........

Pence’s team appears worried about the relationship with the president. “People come into the VP’s office trying to find out what’s going on with Trump, and he can’t give them an answer,” the member said.

One former adviser to Trump and Pence noted that Trump would more warmly embrace the vice president in public if Pence simply announced that he wasn’t planning a run for president. Trump, the former adviser noted, hates aides who display more ambition than him.

“All of this would go away if he announced he wasn’t running for president in 2024,” the former adviser said.

https://news.yahoo.com/tensions-strain-between-trump-pence-heading-into-2020-election-090031895.html

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

"....... the relationship between their political teams has soured greatly in the past year, according to a dozen Trump and Pence aides and Republican advisers familiar with the dynamic. In particular, rumors that Kushner and Ivanka Trump wanted to consider replacements for Pence — specifically trying to find a woman running mate to help win back the suburbs in 2020 — have worried the vice president’s camp, ........

Pence’s team appears worried about the relationship with the president. “People come into the VP’s office trying to find out what’s going on with Trump, and he can’t give them an answer,” the member said.

One former adviser to Trump and Pence noted that Trump would more warmly embrace the vice president in public if Pence simply announced that he wasn’t planning a run for president. Trump, the former adviser noted, hates aides who display more ambition than him.

“All of this would go away if he announced he wasn’t running for president in 2024,” the former adviser said.

https://news.yahoo.com/tensions-strain-between-trump-pence-heading-into-2020-election-090031895.html

Just shows you what slavish boot licking loyalty gets you with Trump.

• Haha 1

Put a dress and some lipstick on Pence and see how it turns out.

• Haha 1

Trump needs Pence in order to keep the evangelicals on his side,  so hopefully there is a riff between these two.

20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Does Trump really care if Pence runs in 2024?  If so, why?  Does he want somebody else to run, such as Jared or Ivanka?

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Trump needs Pence in order to keep the evangelicals on his side,  so hopefully there is a riff between these two.

The evangelicals are on his side whether Pence is there or not.  Pence may strengthen the tie, but they will still back Trump against anyone else.  As long as Trump continues to support anti-abortion laws and appoints judges and officials who are anti-abortion, he's got them.  Throw in lowering regulations on churches, religious schools, and other evangelical issues that Trump supports.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Does Trump really care if Pence runs in 2024?  If so, why?  Does he want somebody else to run, such as Jared or Ivanka?

The evangelicals are on his side whether Pence is there or not.  Pence may strengthen the tie, but they will still back Trump against anyone else.  As long as Trump continues to support anti-abortion laws and appoints judges and officials who are anti-abortion, he's got them.  Throw in lowering regulations on churches, religious schools, and other evangelical issues that Trump supports.

Yes,  Trump has the evangelicals and should be able to hold them without Pence but if Pence was to be dropped and came out strong against Trump as being a man with little to no values,,,,, it could have an impact on evangelical voter turnout.

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,  Trump has the evangelicals and should be able to hold them without Pence but if Pence was to be dropped and came out strong against Trump as being a man with little to no values,,,,, it could have an impact on evangelical voter turnout.

I would think Pence would be too spineless to spill the beans on Trump and he may envision inheriting his supporters somewhere down the line if he keeps his head far enough up his keyster.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

The story is that Mike Pence had conversion therapy done on him when he was younger.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

I think Trump May be serious when he muses he may stay longer than 2024 .  He doesn’t want Pence as supposed competition that year.  He might have to have him arrested along with all the others opposed to the continuation of the Trump dictatorship.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That would be the only way the evangelical vote would work against Trump.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I would think Pence would be too spineless to spill the beans on Trump and he may envision inheriting his supporters somewhere down the line if he keeps his head far enough up his keyster.

What beans?  Everybody, including the evangelicals, know how corrupt, irreligious and "sinful" Trump is.

Mike Pence will get nothing for his humiliation -

".......Pence declared, "The world saw once again that President Donald Trump stands without apology as leader of the free world ... What the world saw and what the American people saw is that President Donald Trump will always put the prosperity and security of America first."

The world saw precisely the opposite. It was as if Pence were trying to get "Orwellian" trending on social media. From 1984: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Pence tells other people to do the same. To the 2017 graduating class of the U.S. Naval Academy,

Pence said, "Follow the chain of command without exception. Submit yourselves,......"

If you enter the Trump administration with dignity, you're unlikely to leave with it. Pence is no exception. ....

No one is smitten with Pence. Liberals deplore his anti-gay agenda. Anti-Trump conservatives abhor his obsequiousness and hypocrisy. Trump supporters view him as a holdover from the pre-Trump era, a token of the GOP establishment, and also a very boring guy. Pence has described himself as "Rush Limbaugh on decaf." Nothing could be more accurate or less inspiring. .......

https://theweek.com/articles/863092/mike-pence-nothing-humiliation

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TheCid said:

That would be the only way the evangelical vote would work against Trump.

What beans?  Everybody, including the evangelicals, know how corrupt, irreligious and "sinful" Trump is.

I didn't say he could offer anything new or sensational about Trump, did I?  It was in answer to will a jilted Mike Pence turn against Trump.  The way he would do that is through words, i.e. beans which I don't think he will do for the reasons I stated.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I didn't say he could offer anything new or sensational about Trump, did I?  It was in answer to will a jilted Mike Pence turn against Trump.  The way he would do that is through words, i.e. beans which I don't think he will do for the reasons I stated.

"Spill the beans" in America means to report something that is unknown about a person or activity.  As in one person telling secret things about another person or a crook reporting a crime or who committed it.  So, "spilling the beans" would mean Pence providing something "new or sensational about Trump."

I agree Pence is unlikely to do anything to offend Trump or his base as he will need that support when he runs for president.