TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,734 posts in this topic

Of course McAuliffe was talking about U.S. patriots. And as governor of

Virginia, it's not surprising that Washington and Jefferson came to mind.

Still not the best examples if one wants to separate white supremacy

from patriotism. Lincoln was one too. I'd guess that many American

presidents were pre-WW II.

And a few post WW  II.

Let's face it:  Donny isn't going to come right out and denounce his neo-Nazi, alt-right (white) and other racist/fascist/bigoted groups too much because these are his core supporters who will stick with him no matter what.  He's cultivated their support for years and he's got it.

And a few post WW  II.

Wait now, Cid! Who might we be talking about here?

Truman desegregated the military.

Eisenhower sent federal troops to Little Rock after the Brown vs the Board of Education Supreme Court decision.

Kennedy pushed the Civil Right agenda.

Johnson helped get the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and of 1968 through Congress.

Nixon enforced those acts...well, to some extent anyway.

Ford fell down a lot and thus gave SNL's Chevy Chase material to work with, BUT when Ford wasn't falling down, he continued on with Nixon's tepid enforcement of those laws.

Carter, when he wasn't being stalked by killer rabbits, always supported Civil Rights.

Okay, after those "falling down a lot/Chevy Chase" and "killer rabbit" comments of mine, I THINK I've made by point by now, now haven't I? And so I'm not even going to bother mentioning Ronny, George "read my lips. no new taxes" Bush, Bubba, that dumb*** Dubya, Barry OR that inarticulate man-child now sitting his fat butt in the Oval Office.

(...ALTHOUGH, now that I THINK about this, that last one I mentioned, YOU know, that "inarticulate man-child with the fat butt" MIGHT just be who you're referencing here, huh...but HEY, I really don't think said "inarticulate man-child with the fat butt" is all THAT racist, now is HE?!...he just kind'a "attracts" that sort "somehow", ya know!)

;)

LOL

Let's face it:  Donny isn't going to come right out and denounce his neo-Nazi, alt-right (white) and other racist/fascist/bigoted groups too much because these are his core supporters who will stick with him no matter what.  He's cultivated their support for years and he's got it.

E.g. what percentage of the people that voted for Trump do you believe are neo-Nazis,  alt-right, white supremacist?    10%,   70%? 

I'm not asking this to bait you.   I'm actually curious.

E.g. what percentage of the people that voted for Trump do you believe are neo-Nazis,  alt-right, white supremacist?    10%,   70%? 

Well, for what it's worth here James, MY guess is that the percentage of these types that voted for the inarticulate man-child(with the fat butt) is probably pretty low, and is MAYBE only at about, say, 15 percent or so.

However, my OTHER guess about this is that a MUCH higher percentage of 'em are just GULLIBLE as hell. 

(...I mean, there IS a reason that jerk has often been likened to P.T. Barnum, ya know)

• Like 1

Rachel Maddow just made a very interesting point. Because of those torches they carried, and because every body has a cell phone/camera these days, and because of the media presence, and because of social media, EVERY ONE OF THOSE MARCHERS IS MARKED AS A NAZI FOR LIFE!

Rachel Maddow just made a very interesting point. Because of those torches they carried, and because every body has a cell phone/camera these days, and because of the media presence, and because of social media, EVERY ONE OF THOSE MARCHERS IS MARKED AS A NAZI FOR LIFE!

I guess next time they won't leave their white hoods and white sheets at home.

Rachel Maddow just made a very interesting point. Because of those torches they carried, and because every body has a cell phone/camera these days, and because of the media presence, and because of social media, EVERY ONE OF THOSE MARCHERS IS MARKED AS A NAZI FOR LIFE!

AH, but ya know Swithin, when skinheads let their hair grow longer, these sorts of identifications CAN be somewhat troublesome and often inexact.

I mean take THIS freakin' skin-head idiot HERE for example:

Skin-head robber who broke out of jail dodges police for almost a year after reinventing himself as a bearded ginger hipster called Tom Ford 

3E7E495A00000578-0-image-a-9_14901095512

(...doesn't even look like the same idiot, does it?) 

I guess next time they won't leave their white hoods and white sheets at home.

Rachel made the point that, in the old days, they would have worn those hoods and sheets. 

AH, but ya know Swithin, when skinheads let their hair grow longer, these sorts of identifications CAN be somewhat troublesome and often inexact.

Skin-head robber who broke out of jail dodges police for almost a year after reinventing himself as a bearded ginger hipster called Tom Ford 

(...doesn't even look like the same idiot, does it?

Actually, the ears don't look the same (as Sherlock Holmes would say). You have to do more than change your hair colour!

Probably 7-10%, assuming they actually vote.  One difficulty is separating neo-nazis, K-K-K, etc. from white supremacists.  Based on my experiences, there are a lot of white people who would disavow any connection or sympathies for the first two, but in their hearts they are white supremacists.  Not necessarily in the context of believing all other races are inferior to whites (though many do), but in the belief that equal protection of the laws, equal rights, equal voting rights, equal educational opportunity, etc. now favors others over them.  White men also believe that women are favored over them.

So, you are probably talking about 50% of Trump's core base who are not really offended by the white supremacists.

As for the percentage who voted for him, probably 25-30% are white supremacists.  

Dylann roof

Portland Train Massacre

Charlottesville White Supremacist/****/ Neo-Nazi Riot

Those are three big ones that come to mind but there's so many others.

And just today I'm hearing about a bombing plot in Oklahoma City by a young man who was trying to follow in the footsteps of Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber.

And of course we can't list the innumerable hate crimes that have been going on since Trump became president-elect.

To the average Observer, there seems to be an absolute problem with white domestic terrorism in America that's totally out of control-- with not much being done to surveil or stop it.

Actually, the ears don't look the same (as Sherlock Holmes would say). You have to do more than change your hair colour!

AH (again), but I guess you've never noticed that when YOUR hair is shorter, YOUR ears look bigger too.

Take ME for example. I'm currently sportin' a MUCH too short hair style. In fact, presently SOME people might even mistake ME for one of those freakin' idiot skinheads. Yep, THAT'S how short my hair is currently. 

And thus currently, MY freakin' ears are lookin' REALLY big at the moment.

(...can't wait for it to grow out, my hair that is, not my ears, and when I'll once again be as handsome as I usually am...for an old f a r t, anyway)

AH (again), but I guess you've never noticed that when YOUR hair is shorter, YOUR ears look bigger too.

Take ME for example. I'm currently sportin' a MUCH too short hair style. In fact, presently SOME people might even mistake ME for one of those freakin' idiot skinheads. Yep, THAT'S how short my hair is currently. 

And thus currently, MY freakin' ears are lookin' REALLY big at the moment.

(...can't wait for it to grow out, my hair that is, not my ears, and when I'll once again be as handsome as I usually am...for an old f a r t, anyway)

But you see, those guys thought they were pretty anonymous. They didn't plan to have to change their look because they're all over the media. And now they have to.

It will probably be a lesson to those who said they just tagged along, that they weren't really Nazis. People like that may think twice before joining those demonstrations in the future.

But you see, those guys thought they were pretty anonymous. They didn't plan to have to change their look because they're all over the media. And now they have to.

It will probably be a lesson to those who said they just tagged along, that they weren't really Nazis. People like that may think twice before joining those demonstrations in the future.

Yep, it's like I always say, Swithin ol' boy.

The world sure WOULD be a much better place if only MORE people lived by the credo the guy up there always pictured on the upper left of my posts once famously espoused:

"I would never join any group which would accept me as a member."

(...yep, IF those Nazis and K K K members would have only remembered THIS, then it sure could have saved 'em a whole lot of possible future hurt, huh...and let ALONE all those who just "tagged along", huh) 

;)

In protest, the Black head of Merck resigns from Trump's manufacturing group and, an hour later the Trump tweet comes out about high drug prices (like he really gave a rat's butt about it before).  Then, two white men (Under Armour and Intel)  resign from the same group for the same reason and Trump tweets nothing.  It's just as well that the racism is out in the open.

• Like 1

3E7E495A00000578-0-image-a-9_14901095512What took you so long? Hey, you guys want a piece of sourdough brick oven pizza?

Can I take my Enya CDs with me?

And a few post WW  II.

Likely, though by then they couldn't come out and say it.

3E7E495A00000578-0-image-a-9_14901095512

(...doesn't even look like the same idiot, does it?) 

He does look like the same idiot.  He just added a beard, glasses and fake hair. I wonder why he renamed himself after a fashion designer/movie director. 

Trump made it clear he was begrudgingly calling out the white supremacists when in the same breath he whined about already having done so.

Trump made it clear he was begrudgingly calling out the white supremacists when in the same breath he whined about already having done so.

Some things never change ya know, Bogie.

58659846772fe.image.jpg

• Like 2

President Trump whines for praise after being forced to condemn neo-Nazis, K K K and white supremacists

seems to me he's just asking the msm to be consistent. he said what they wanted and they're still not happy.

seems to me he's just asking the msm to be consistent. he said what they wanted and they're still not happy.

Yeah, you're probably right here, Nip.

(...probably just another excuse for the "fake news outlets" to once again continue to harp about what a dumb*** and lousy communicator Donny Boy is, and how at almost EVERY opportunity the man-child is given, he first tends to put his freakin' foot in his mouth, and due to his limited vocabulary)

Trump is very consistent in giving his honest opinion, for example immediately after the Merck guy quit, etc. I think we can assume that Trump's honest opinion was given on Saturday -- meaning no criticism of his support base: Nazis, K K K, and white supremacists. 

That's one thing we know: Trump's real feelings are the immediate ones; not the somewhat more civilized ones that someone obliges him to do and that he grudgingly gives later.

• Like 2