TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,737 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

Congresswoman Deb Haaland called the students’ behavior a show of “blatant hate.”

"A group of teens wearing “Make America Great Again” hats harassed a Native American Vietnam War veteran during Friday’s first Indigenous Peoples March. Now the Native American elder is speaking out about the ordeal.

Video posted online captures the unsettling incident in Washington, D.C., after a group of teens surrounds Nathan Phillips, mocking and harassing him as he sang the American Indian Movement song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Phillips served in the Vietnam War and is the former director of the Native Youth Alliance, according to Indian Country Today.

One teen, in particular, is seen blocking Philips, smugly staring at the elder as he performs his song. Teens in the background appear to encourage the harassment.

Users on social media identified the teens as likely being students from Covington Catholic school in Kentucky because of the insignia on some of their clothing. Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, released a statement on Saturday saying they were looking into the incident......

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/maga-hat-wearing-teens-seeing-harassing-native-american-vietnam-veteran_us_5c435a09e4b0a8dbe171e2c6?utm_source=main_fb&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR32wsiULKdAjR2GDNArotoHJZpSNCvhrpTb1Py-rwd20_Nyg_Cr-tfwAnw&fbclid=IwAR2v5vEhYYgbMrQKOU1Jb6UdLTWODL8_Z-8JCPyQOQ6EWu3nyGrHoLHjR4Y&fbclid=IwAR2EW9zLA9T5gpIfSdLme6Jxs47QnQF9ZYnu2J8gAtcAQhG_DFZ4Ys-YLW0&fbclid=IwAR3ZHI27yWt3yQC7WBlBg6MVMXXijSoFYNzV_TnHTKZH1KeoxVlH3ATyGl8&fbclid=IwAR3e28MSp_EVtYzmzy3BSftqQwpTcmrW_ajw06xoLOnqyKAuaNK3rdjzoMA&fbclid=IwAR1fa6ETuMSiYXqeJhXAY27OdWFFsRxfJ9NKi2h8tGTPvqTpeGQ4MustaKA&fbclid=IwAR0cqso8Wokx2p46pn3ajcnKXGCw_V5E3YAkKCsFEjKozKWYp1luSmuGQng&fbclid=IwAR39d_TPVarqdmDXOv-LPJz0k2aMVVok9yYEbECwXE4zD6sVbT43GpIrPLU&fbclid=IwAR3yw1gD96DN7iaDSJnrgOIsuGV5901LgX582WkrS-JupwNHmR902vIeBc4

trump's racism being promoted from the Oval Office has given a "license" to racists all over the country to come out of the closet and show their true colors.

But this is not entirely a bad thing because the American public needs to see clearly that racism is a problem in this country and they cannot eradicate it until they first admit that they have a problem.

All that nonsense about Obama's election showing we didn't have a racist Society has now completely been obliterated.

Truly the only way you can solve a problem is to admit that you have a problem and then to face it head-on.

Racism in Trump's America ain't a tenth of what it would have been in Hillary's America.

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

That video features another Trump-era phenomenon that we just seem take for granted, now: When bigots want to harass marginalized people, they can simply chant one of the president’s slogans. Or don his hat. Or yell out his name. And everyone knows what it means.

1 minute ago, jakeem said:

John Harwood Retweeted Joe Heim

i’m struck by how the Native American elder preserved his focus and dignity

instead of humiliated, he appears proud

the young men attempting to defeat him succeeded only in making their weak character plain for all to see

The trump effect

11 minutes ago, jakeem said:

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Indiana high school condemns photo of its students on a soccer team giving a Nazi salute. Its website referred to a player as "clever Jew," used racist language and alluded to **** an opposing team

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2019/01/18/zionsville-indiana-instagram-photo-nazi-salute/2612691002/  @indystar

DxUt90zXgAAvuFT.jpg

Indiana wants me...

23 hours ago, jakeem said:

A Big Beautiful Concrete Border Wall will be a monument to the Rule of Law, the sovereignty of the USA, & @RealDonaldTrump. If DACA Amnesty is traded for $5.7 billion(1/5 of a wall), wouldn’t be enough illegals left in America to trade for the remaining 4/5. NO AMNESTY 4 a wall!

Soledad O'Brien Retweeted Steve King

Congressional racist weighs in

Jay Bookman Retweeted Steve King

At some point, we have to drive home the fact that people like Steve King and Ann Coulter are a distinct and shrinking minority in this country, rather than the controlling, governing majority they believe themselves to be.

I think that point is now. Right now.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Curt Schilling deserves to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Great record, especially when under pressure and when it mattered most. Do what everyone in Baseball knows is right! @marklevinshow

11:08 PM - 20 Jan 2019

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Curt Schilling is a horrible person and he does not have HOF numbers. You just like him because he is a racist who wears a MAGA hat.

People are often drawn to their own kind.

Young man in D.C. march video denounces 'outright lies' about him

The young man, Nick Sandmann, said he respected all races and was trying to defuse the incident at Friday's Indigenous Peoples March.

..... Referring to Phillips, Sandmann said: "I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers.

"I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation," he said. "I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."

Sandmann, who said he has received death threats, strongly disputed characterizations that he is a racist, saying: "I am mortified that so many people have come to believe something that did not happen — that students from my school were chanting or acting in a racist fashion toward African Americans or Native Americans."

"I did not do that, do not have hateful feelings in my heart, and did not witness any of my classmates doing that," he said,........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/young-man-d-c-march-video-denounces-outright-lies-about-n960801?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

:unsure:

Organizer of Indigenous Peoples March responds to viral video

A viral video shows a confrontation between students and a Native American elder at a march in Washington D.C. this weekend. Tara Houska, a tribal rights attorney who organized the indigenous peoples march and witnessed the event, says this incident is distracting from issues that really matter to native people.

https://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson/watch/organizer-of-indigenous-peoples-march-responds-to-viral-video-1429414979995?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Sen. Bernie Sanders at MLK event in South Carolina: "It gives me no pleasure to tell you that we now have a President of the United States who is a racist." http://abcn.ws/2hFejwL 

Image result for bernie sanders mlk

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump’s vision is antithetical to America’s founding creed, his nativism and xenophobia are morally repugnant, and his treatment of immigrants, government workers, political opponents, judges and the free press violates the principles of our democracy

trVaF-Yv?format=jpg&name=600x314

Staring Down the Smug Face of American Violence

:.......The day’s march had settled on the plaza of the Lincoln Memorial to raise awareness for missing and murdered indigenous women.

Indigenous women are one of the most vulnerable populations in this country; they are disproportionately affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, murder, human trafficking, and kidnapping........

People are responding so strongly to these videos because they are so emblematic of the violence that indigenous people have suffered for over 500 years in the United States. 

We have been raped, relocated, trafficked, separated, degraded, demoralized, and massacred by the United States government and a culture of media, economy, education, and religion that has dehumanized indigenous people for the entire history of this stolen country. Presently, this country continues to poison indigenous people by defiling our water and pumping drugs and alcohol into indigenous communities; regulate native bodies through tribal numbers and blood quantum laws; and force assimilation (culturally, spiritually).
These are tactics of genocide. An ongoing, unrecognized genocide.

These videos are a brutal reminder of a very real unfinished battle that indigenous people are still fighting....

Indigenous elders have given their lives to protect our identities, our sovereignty, our lands, our people, our ways of being, only to be met time and time again with violence

— or at the very least, the smug, smirking faces of our oppressors like the boys of Covington Catholic High School. ...

https://www.thecut.com/2019/01/staring-down-the-the-maga-teens-at-indigenous-peoples-march.html#_ga=2.9805493.1856342544.1548093690-1374258694.1455047074

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

the president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen, standing up for racists on Martin Luther King day. what a sorry, sorry excuse for a human being. thank god we elected this thousand-kiloton dumpster fire, and not the lady who was careless with three emails, am I right

MAGA= white supremacy

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

House Democrat sorry for tweet that appeared to forget slavery

Vermont Rep. Peter Welch apologized as his push for legislation to prohibit forcing federal workers to work without pay struck many as tone deaf, after he appeared to discount the nation's past of allowing legal slavery

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/22/government-shutdown-peter-welch-slavery-1120093

Peter Welch

Not at the top of his mind

3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

White Supremacist Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Black Man With Sword

......At the time, Jackson told detectives that he had traveled from his home in Baltimore to New York to kill black men as a "declaration of global total war on the Negro race" and as a "political terrorist attack," the Manhattan District Attorney said in a statement.

The self-avowed racist explained he committed the murder in Manhattan because it is a global media capital and expected the coverage would garner widespread support for his cause; his intention was to "inspire white men to kill black men, to scare black men, and to provoke a race war."............

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/23/688045711/white-supremacist-pleads-guilty-to-fatally-stabbing-black-man-with-sword?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Sad 1

NBC NewsVerified account @NBCNews 6m6 minutes ago

Florida secretary of state resigns after photo reportedly shows him in blackface

The photo, obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat, shows Secretary of State Mike Ertel with brown face paint, wearing red lipstick, earrings and a shirt that said "Katrina Victim."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-secretary-state-resigns-after-photo-reportedly-shows-him-blackface-n962461?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

A MAGA Gang Plots to Murder Muslims in Islamberg After Fox Fans Fear Flames

"When Muslims are the suspect in a foiled terrorist plot, that case receives eight times more press coverage than when a non-Muslim is the suspect... But when Muslims are the target of terrorism by right wing extremists, it’s met with a collective yawn..."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-maga-gang-plots-to-murder-muslims-in-islamberg-after-fox-fans-fear-flames?via=twitter_page

QSKLuuiX?format=jpg&name=600x314

Murders in a synagogue-- proposed murders in a mosque-- This is truly the trump effect out of control.

Re:

ap_17081692670239_sq-9d8daf44a4d9cc71d2b

Somebody sure is using CLOROX! :blink:

Lets see, they took him out of his white robe and place into another. :P:lol: