TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,706 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

What's ridiculous is that

a so-called billionaire who is 

a so-called president had the

so-called nerve to host a champion sports team in the home which represents the hospitality of the United States of America and serve them junk fast food.

Just because you're born with 400 million dollars, doesn't mean you have got any class.

Yeah, can see the players are fuming mad over that. :lol:

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I'll remind you not to make assumptions about who and what my president was.

My president left office November 22nd 1963.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

if she's got that kind of sound on ability, I think she needs to tackle the swastika next.

According to her brother, Laura knows what that looks like because her dad had a lot of them in the basement.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

if she's got that kind of sound on ability, I think she needs to tackle the swastika next.

According to her brother, Laura knows what that looks like because her dad had a lot of them in the basement.

Laura is one crazy misguided conservative women.   But to be fair her idea is as crazy as what Harris said;  that she respects everyone and as President would serve everyone.

The Latest: Virginia governor apologizes for racist photo

"Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has apologized for a “racist and offensive” costume seen on his 1984 medical school yearbook page.

The photo shows a person in blackface and another in full Ku Klux Klan robes. The governor did not say which costume he was wearing.

The Democratic governor said Friday that the behavior was not in keeping with his values and he will work to heal the damage he has caused.......

https://apnews.com/768ec342a8a5435d9f973169161e31aa?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Trump’s Black History Month Tribute Tweet Is Greeted Just As Well As Expected

Twitter users also slammed Melania Trump’s Black History Month tweet,

...... Considering Trump’s well-documented history of racist behavior, many critics were unimpressed he acknowledged the monthlong celebration of black culture. ......

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-black-history-month-tweet_us_5c54b0dee4b09293b20410b6?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:rolleyes:

The Central Park 5/birther/ Get that SOB off the field/Low IQ Maxine Waters has made himself perfectly clear about where he stands on this issue for a number of years.

And to make matters worse, his wife has followed suit with the birther issue.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The Latest: Virginia governor apologizes for racist photo

"Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has apologized for a “racist and offensive” costume seen on his 1984 medical school yearbook page.

The photo shows a person in blackface and another in full Ku Klux Klan robes. The governor did not say which costume he was wearing.

The Democratic governor said Friday that the behavior was not in keeping with his values and he will work to heal the damage he has caused.......

https://apnews.com/768ec342a8a5435d9f973169161e31aa?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

DyWzF9uVYAA2vH6.jpg

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

I can’t believe we are having a debate on whether the guy in the blackface or the guy with the Klan hood is worse.

No. Shhhh.

How about this? Just don’t be a **** racist. #NorthamMustResign

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

There aren’t two sets of rules for our friends and our foes: Right is right and wrong is wrong. Americans deserve to be respected by their leaders, and racism cannot be excused in our government or anywhere else. Having seen the photo, I believe Governor Northam should resign.

This man was no child when he did this. He was in med school.

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

To add to the shock, a page from Northam's yearbook at the Virginia Military Institute listed one of his nicknames as "****man," a racial slur. Story from @Grace_Segers https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ralph-northams-yearbook-page-shows-man-in-****-costume-and-another-apparently-in-blackface/  https://archive.org/details/bomb1981virg/page/90 

I wonder if there were any black people in Northam's medical school class?

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam’s past:

1981: You had a racist nickname in your college yearbook.

1984: Pictures appear in your medical school yearbook of you in either blackface or a KKK_robe.

2013: After a debate, you refuse to shake your African American opponent’s hand.

2017: You edited out your African American running mate Justin Fairfax’s photo from your campaign fliers.

Now you’re clearly lying about your racist past to save yourself.

Republicans and Democrats agree, Ralph Northam, you must resign.

2 minutes ago, jakeem said:
Replying to @GOPChairwoman

Okay now do Donald J Trump

And then do Steve king.

And then do @cindyhydesmith

That's an interesting question.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jakeem said:

A police officer posted a video of a black woman having to walk home after he pulled her over for a traffic stop and seized her car in below-freezing weather.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gary-steele-detroit-police-racist-snapchat-video_us_5c53697ae4b0bdf0e7d974d0?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

jTVcRcUZ?format=jpg&name=600x314

BTW-- His chief of police is a black man who didn't think the video was funny at all. LOL

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Brennan: CBS poll shows 63% disapprove of how you handle race issues.

Trump: "What has happened is very interesting. The economy is so good right now. You saw the jobs report just came out...the African-Americans have the best employment numbers in the history of our country."

Brennan: GOP Sen. Tim Scott says you're racially insensitive.

Trump: "I have a great relationship with Tim," and "I think if you look at the numbers for African-American unemployment, best numbers they've had - literally the best numbers they've had in history."

Even some of our best deflectors could take a lesson from this one.

Yet the truly sad part is:

he is attempting to fool himself..

but delusional people are so transparent.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Their star quarterback, coach, and owner all supported Trump. But that’s not the only thing that makes the Patriots the preferred team of white nationalists

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tom-bradys-new-england-patriots-are-team-maga-whether-they-like-it-or-not?via=twitter_page

ZzQcj94H?format=jpg&name=600x314

White supremacy on the Gridiron

From the Onion:

Every Baby Boomer In Country Urged To Resign After Photos Emerge Of Them In Blackface

f2yajzxunqhyolxmlxrk.jpg

WASHINGTON—With pressure mounting on members of the generation to step down amid accusations of racism, sources confirmed every baby boomer in the United States had been urged to resign Monday after images surfaced in which they can be seen wearing blackface makeup. “Although those photos do not represent who we are now, the people you see in those pictures are, in fact, us,” said 64-year-old Cleveland resident Russell Sedlak, speaking on behalf of all Americans born between 1946 and 1964, each of whom can be seen in black face paint, oversized red lips, and a curly wig in one of 73 million photographs unearthed from yearbooks and family albums. “Despite thinking it was funny at the time, we understand now, with the benefit of hindsight, that it was deeply offensive to many people. We also wish to stress that our decisions to wear these costumes, while regrettable, were not undertaken in malice. After all, the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s were a very different time.” At press time, reports indicated the baby boomers had all refused to leave their jobs and leadership positions and were instead opting to donate $50 to the NAACP.

https://www.theonion.com/every-baby-boomer-in-country-urged-to-resign-after-phot-1832332412

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Media fixation w/ blackface (“was he dressed as Michael Jackson?”) obscures the more damning point: anybody who voluntarily chooses to celebrate the evil & bigoted_KKK is unfit for public office. Media should be asking: did you select that picture to represent what you believe?

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Jessica Huseman Retweeted Ted Cruz

Steve King co-chaired Cruz’s presidential campaign.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Racism and religious bigotry-- the GOP really knows how to go low.

I like muslim women in their habibs. It makes them look hot.

:D

Image result for sexy harem girl wearing habib

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Fox guest warns that @AOC is trying to "assimilate us" to "Latin American values:" "This is demagoguery, it's time she be called out"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-guest-warns-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-trying-to-assimilate-us-to-latin-american-values/?via=twitter_page

JlD84MHZ?format=jpg&name=600x314

He probably could have gotten the same message across to his bigoted viewers and not appear so blatantly racist himself if he had just New York City. They would have still understood the racist implication and that's actually where she comes from. LOL

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Having only one ticket, I invited one of two guests for the State of the Union tonight, #sotuSOTU_2019.png Lynnette Hardaway & Rochelle Richardson, otherwise know as Diamond & Silk. Diamond won the coin toss. Both will be my guest speakers at COS in the morning.

DyqD3W0VAAEE7aJ.jpg

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Keith Boykin Retweeted Steve King

I don’t know who should be more embarrassed: Steve King for inviting these two clowns to the State of the Union or Diamond & Silk for being co-opted by a well-known white supremacist.

These are the kind of silly stereotypical black people that a racist would want to promote and put in the spotlight.

Spotlighting  ignorant  black people who are acting  in stereotypes for a living--

if you will, stepin fetchit types--

this is the type of show that racist love to see and this helps  to promote  racism .

This also validates their opinion that all black people are idiots and clowns.

As for these two women, they've already been co-opted by the white supremacist in the White House.

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

Fox News hosts are now defending Ralph Northam: http://bit.ly/2Gq9fGs 

Dyp0jAHWwAAQtQ4.jpg

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

TUESDAY AM NEWS: as part of his investigation into the yearbook, @RalphNortham is planning to hire a private eye.

which is not the sort of thing somebody does if they are about to resign

CNN may be right. At the rate northam's going the only major party who would welcome him would be the GOP.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

These are the kind of silly stereotypical black people that a racist would want to promote and put in the spotlight.

Spotlighting  ignorant  black people who are acting  in stereotypes for a living--

if you will, stepin fetchit types--

this is the type of show that racist love to see and this helps  to promote  racism .

This also validates their opinion that all black people are idiots and clowns.

As for these two women, they've already been co-opted by the white supremacist in the White House.

Hasn't Tyler Perry made millions by spotlighting ignorant black people who are acting as stereotypes?

Or is Madea a role model?

Image result for tyler perry madea

I'd have to rely on others for this info as I've not watched a single Madea movie, but aren't they all centered on some sort of moral messaging? I know the characters started out in touring church plays. My point being that there's method behind the minstrel show shenanigans. 

It should be noted, too, that Perry has come under criticism from some in the black community for perceived perpetuation of exaggerated stereotypes. Perry's material is targeted more at the working-class and rural black community, as opposed to Spike Lee's films which are targeted more at the college-educated and urban demographic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jakeem said:

Fox is all about bigotry and racism.

But they wouldn't survive without the audience that craves that sort of stuff.