TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,706 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, who led national-anthem protests by NFL players, settle their collusion grievances against the league

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid resolve collusion grievances with NFL

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Number NFL team officials are speculating to me is the NFL paid Kaepernick in the $60 to $80 million range.

It's been shown time and time again that racism does not pay.

And it has been shown time and time again that sticking your neck out to fight against racism in the United States of America is often detrimental to your financial and social status, and may even cost you your life.

But in the case of Colin Kaepernick, fighting against American institutionalized racism and discrimination has awarded him with a big payday.

I've heard of pay-to-play,

But millions of dollars  of pay  for not to play-- boy that's a new one!

Hopefully this will encourage others to step up and do the right thing, even though it's not easy.

Muhammad Ali was a courageous Pioneer in this area. Today people honor him because he went to the Hard Place, not just for athletes, not just for black people, but for all people who love Justice and Equality.

31 minutes ago, jakeem said:

@Kaepernick7 & #EricReid settled their lawsuit v #NFL with no further comment! Not unusual in a settlement for the terms to be confidential. If they’re not picked up by any teams, that tells us it was $. My guess. But the real question is what have the owners learned?

39 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Well the NFL/ Club owners got a few lessons reiterated to them:

* Racism does not pay.

** Don't take advice from a racist.

***  Black professional football players have civil rights.

• Like 1

NBC NewsVerified account @NBCNews 28m28 minutes ago

Three teachers at a middle school on Long Island, New York, have been placed on paid administrative leave

after an image of a pair of nooses labeled "back to school necklaces" were displayed in a classroom, officials say.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-teachers-new-york-put-leave-after-noose-images-displayed-n970591?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Florida sixth-grader charged after confrontation with teacher over choosing not to recite Pledge of Allegiance http://hill.cm/Y4ybspe 

DzsUPrKWoAA4pMq.jpg

11 year -old black male student arrested by school police officer because he refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance;

he refused to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance and told the officer that he had done nothing wrong and there was no reason for him to have to leave the room.

This story is totally unbelievable unless you know the whole history of racism in this country. It simply wouldn't make any sense in a "normal" country.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

11 year -old black male student arrested by school police officer because he refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance;

he refused to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance and told the officer that he had done nothing wrong and there was no reason for him to have to leave the room.

This story is totally unbelievable unless you know the whole history of racism in this country. It simply wouldn't make any sense in a "normal" country.

When I was around the same age I was sent to the Principles office for refusing to say the Pledge.  When asked why I said I was an atheist and that the 'justice for all' line was bull.     My dad came to the school and backed me up (not because he agreed with me but because he always taught us to be true to ourselves).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Remember, the principal is your pal. :)

My 5th grade teacher taught us the spelling of principal was easy to get correct

because the principal was your p a l. 

Since I was a good and proper student, I never had to go to the principal's office.

But I suppose if you were naughty, you wouldn't agree with the "pal" spelling anyway. LOL

28 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Remember, the principal is your pal. :)

My high school principal was but the elementary was a real ****!

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

My 5th grade teacher taught us the spelling of principal was easy to get correct

because the principal was your p a l. 

Since I was a good and proper student, I never had to go to the principal's office.

But I suppose if you were naughty, you wouldn't agree with the "pal" spelling anyway. LOL

I guess whether the principal was your pal or not, it was an easy way to remember the

difference in spelling. Another one I recall was the teacher saying that dessert was something

sweet so as to differentiate it from desert. Whatever.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

My high school principal was but the elementary was a real ****!

I don't even remember who my elementary school principal was, though I think it was

a woman. In high school the vice principal was the enforcer. Ours was kind of a doofy

looking guy, not one of those strong arm types. He wasn't too bad, but he certainly 

wasn't my pal.

‘Time for the Ku Klux Klan to night ride again’: An Alabama newspaper editor wants to bring back lynching
“If we could get the Klan to go up there and clean out D.C., we’d all been better off," Goodloe Sutton told the Montgomery Advertiser, explaining, “We’ll get the hemp ropes out, loop them over a tall limb and hang all of them.”
By Antonia Farzan  •  Read more »
  edd10d1b343015edabc2ceb0136f1a39-320-0-70-8-CDTW4QVIG5CMPHRRYEEJZZ6FXQ.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Delaware police investigating after video shows officer pull gun at traffic stop

"Police in Delaware are reviewing a video that shows an officer pulling a gun on a black driver during a traffic stop, a state police spokesman told NBC News.

The driver, Mack Buckley, shared video on Facebook last week that shows an officer opening the car door, pointing a gun at Buckley and trying to get him to step out of the car.

.........Buckley wrote in his Facebook post that he was originally pulled over for allegedly speeding, but did not get a speeding ticket. Instead, he wrote, he was ticketed for resisting arrest and issued three traffic offenses.

He also said the officer repeatedly referred to "you people" on the way to the station.

"On the way to the troop he kept referring to YOU PEOPLE. I asked him who was YOU PEOPLE since there was only him and I in the vehicle. Then he proceeded to say I was a worthless piece of ****," Buckley wrote.

Buckley said that when he asked the officer what he meant by "you people," the officer responded "society," adding, "Go ahead and play the race card."........

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/430833-delaware-police-investigating-after-video-shows-officer-pull?rnd=1550698707

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

BREAKING: An elementary school in Ashburn, VA played a runaway slave ‘game’ in gym class for black history month. NAACP says black 3rd-5th graders at Madison’s Trust Elementary were instructed to be slaves. “It’s awful.”-Loudoun NAACP. Tonight at 11 @nbcwashington @LCPSOfficial

Dz-cd8NXgAEZndh.jpg

On 11/17/2016 at 1:00 AM, hamradio said:

Racism is common, Trump and police shootings only focuses more on it.

There are a great many degrees of "racism"

2 hours ago, darkblue said:

There are a great many degrees of "racism"

Must had been none under Obama, rare as hens teeth.

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

BREAKING: An elementary school in Ashburn, VA played a runaway slave ‘game’ in gym class for black history month. NAACP says black 3rd-5th graders at Madison’s Trust Elementary were instructed to be slaves. “It’s awful.”-Loudoun NAACP. Tonight at 11 @nbcwashington @LCPSOfficial

Dz-cd8NXgAEZndh.jpg

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Soledad O'Brien Retweeted Shomari Stone

And we have a late entry—but very strong contender!-- for Black History Month, on this day of our Lord, the 21st of February. Only 7 days remaining in Feb, making this all the more impressive. Congratulations to the state of Virginia! Again. This month.

Some School Employees here well again find that racism does not pay.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Must had been none under Obama, rare as hens teeth.

For sure - the world was as pure as the driven snow when Obama was chief.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

.@HallieJackson: Do you think you bear any responsibility for moderating your language after news of Coast Guard lieutenant’s alleged plot?

President Trump: “I think it's a very sad thing ... No, I don’t. I think my language is very nice."

Image result for trump on arrested coast guardsman

25 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Mehdi HasanVerified account @mehdirhasan 1h1 hour ago

Note also how he refers, so softly & lacking in energy or passion, to this white-nationalist domestic terrorist

as ‘sad’ & a ‘shame’

- compared to how he angrily calls members of MS-13 & ISIS as ‘animals’ & ‘degenerates’.

Trump is a racist. (Hypocrite)

There really is no debate about it.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:24 PM, darkblue said:

The glory days of corporal punishment. Ah, memories.

If I had a buck for every time I got the slugs - I'd have about 10 bucks.

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

"I have nothing to apologize for," Steve King on the national backlash for comments he made supporting white supremacy and white nationalists

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/21/steve-king-no-apology-racist-comments-1179706

xve3NbUn?format=jpg&name=600x314

You got to give him credit. He's honest about what he is.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:27 PM, hamradio said:

Hard to forget when it hurts.  Ironically I've just seen a movie where a  school teacher was using the old method of spanking the hand with a black board pointer. OUCH!

nf0dxf.jpg

I wouldn't hold my hand out today for a whipping. That's about the only way kids have it "better" now.