TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,503 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

:(

NBC PoliticsVerified account @NBCPolitics 22h22 hours ago

Puerto Rico Gov. Rosselló said President Trump is refusing to meet privately

to discuss the pace of disaster relief 17 months after Hurricane Maria devastated the U.S. territory.

White House declined his requests to meet with the president directly without giving a reason. .....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/trump-refuses-meeting-over-hurricane-relief-puerto-rico-governor-says-n974721?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

The Central Park 5 / birther has no respect for the Governor of Puerto Rico. I wonder why?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Ole Miss basketball players kneel during National Anthem to protest nearby pro-confederacy rally

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ole-miss-basketball-players-kneel-during-national-anthem

R0N7dPel?format=jpg&name=600x314

Hopefully this won't turn into another Charlottesville type tragedy. 

But you can't blame confederates for being encouraged because not since Woodrow Wilson have we had a pro-confederate president in the White House.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Be nice if Spike Lee could read his notes, or better yet not have to use notes at all, when doing his racist hit on your President, who has done more for African Americans (Criminal Justice Reform, Lowest Unemployment numbers in History, Tax Cuts,etc.) than almost any other Pres!

6:50 AM - 25 Feb 2019

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Joe Scarborough Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The most racist president in modern American history who reads teleprompter worse than any national figure alive is attacking a black man for being “racist” and reading from notes

Churchill read from notes.

FDR read from notes.

Reagan read from notes.

Wow.

Gee, I guess now I know why Joe is not a republican anymore 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2016 at 8:01 PM, Princess of Tap said:

In the last few years there've been a number of books published after the writer did research on the disintegration of the white working-class or lower white middle-class family.

It's become painfully obvious that he left hates white people.

Your heritage is slave holding and fighting to keep slavery alive and you're

celebrating it? Only in scumbag nation. Pretty tall statue there. We'll need

a bigger rope. :)

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump told governors today that Xi Jinping's aides are "central casting - glasses, pad." This is what he did upon saying "glasses."

D0RUQAdX4AMg5Ab.jpg

Bradley P. Moss Retweeted Daniel Dale

Totally not making racist Asian jokes right there, amirite?

Katie Phang Retweeted Daniel Dale

I’m shocked Trump didn’t go directly to making a “slanty-eye” gesture while he was at it.

Central Park 5/birther shows racist diversity.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

In Michael Cohen's prepared statement before Congress he says that Donald Trump told him that black people would not vote for him because they are too stupid.

The shoe fits.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

You can pay people off but facts are facts. 

The Central Park 5/birther is the same man who gleefully broke the Fair Housing Act to deny black American citizens the right to rent in his trump-owned buildings.

And as I can also recall that there was a White House staffer named Omarosa who trump called "A DOG" because she said he was a racist.

Reality always gets in the way,

but you can't blame anybody for wanting a couple of extra bucks.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:blink:

Alex Jones Says Asian People ‘Sync Up And Are Robots’ In Fights, Joe Rogan Agrees

The InfoWars host, who joined the comedian on his podcast this week, also made the racist claim that Native Americans are easier to “mind control.”

Sad it's partially true, Japanese soldiers during WWII. That's what North Korea exactly wants and train them to be.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8u6SBOsLeKvmJp3dvV8K

TELEMMGLPICT000138185778_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Science fiction like Star Wars told us the future of people being bred and trained to obey orders without question. Bet people like Kim Jong Un drool while watching this movie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVz3LLtDt7_36ij7_GuDw

_87373845_stormtroopers_getty976b.jpg

But the Caucasian race can be trained to act like robots as well.

61P8IPuuC9L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

giphy.gif

• Sad 1

What Mark Meadows Did Was Racist

Rashida Tlaib was right to call out the North Carolina Republican’s misguided defense of President Trump

".... don’t get lost in what Jay calls the “rhetorical Bermuda Triangle.” That’s where we end up when someone says, such-and-so is a racist. Instead, focus solely on holding that person accountable for his or her racist deed. “I don’t care what you are,” Jay concludes. “I care about what you did.” .........

why the Patton move was racist. It was tokenism, for one.

To say that African Americans are poorly represented within the Trump administration is putting it mildly; Ben Carson is his only black Cabinet official and there are no black members of his senior White House staff. However, finding a black person to stand up in the middle of a House committee hearing while a white Congressman gave voice to her opinions like a ventriloquist was a deeply disturbing sight, even more so than the typical example of the pathetic “I have a black friend” defense. ........

What mattered, though, is that Tlaib and Cummings ensured that her rebuke stayed on the record. It will be good to have a reference to point to the next time someone like Mark Meadows tells us what racism actually looks like."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/mark-meadows-tlaib-cohen-racist-801676/

Here is an example of racism in Trump's America,  but it is another example of someone claiming they are a victim when they clearly were NOT.    Well, maybe I'm wrong and bees really do hate people with darker skin.

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The mayor of a small town in South Carolina remains adamant that she was targeted in a hate crime despite police determining that the yellow substance found all over the car was pollen.

Darnell Byrd McPherson, the volunteer mayor of Lamar, told Newsweek that she filed a police report on Feb. 7 claiming that a “yellow, sticky substance” had been found all over her’s and her husband’s cars.

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, there’s a history in our town of Lamar,” she said.

In a statement to a local ABC affiliate, Ms. McPherson claimed that during the 1970s, “crosses were burned in the yard of our home when my Mother was involved with the civil rights movement. On this very same corner in this very same front yard!”

Ms. McPherson complained that police never took a sample of the substance on their cars before they were cleaned the next day.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned — pressure-washed twice — there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” the mayor told Newsweek.

“It’s something,” she said. “Something that’s sticky that’s stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off.”

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo told Newsweek that the substance was determined to be pollen.

“We found it to be pollen,” he said. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

Ms. McPherson insisted that the incident was some form of targeted vandalism and had “a possible suspect in mind at the time,” so police then referred the case to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, or SLED, Lt. Kilgo said.

A SLED spokeswoman told Newsweek that an investigation was not subsequently launched “because we did not believe a crime occurred.”

“We reviewed the incident report, but we did not open a formal investigation,” SLED said.

In her statement, Ms. McPherson acknowledged that the substance looked like pollen but said others told her it looked like spray paint.

“Again, we are grateful the person or persons did not try to take our lives but the culprits will be identified and prosecuted,” she said. “Love conquers hate and my husband and I refuse to be intimidated by those who perpetrated this act of vandalism which I classify as an act of hatred.”

Ms. McPherson told Newsweek that she’s worried about the “remnants of racism” plaguing Lamar.

“What do we need to do in Lamar? I say, we need to come together,” she said.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

• Haha 1

Maybe he suppose to litter?

Just remembered when I was a kid, read an old Superman comic that had a scene on the Bizzaro home planet. The officer was arresting a man for NOT littering.  The trash can was labeled DO NOT PUT TRASH HERE. 

Looks like it came true - Welcome to Bizzaro World. :wacko:

(oh the guy was fined 3 lumps of coal :lol:)

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Puerto Rico has made a 25% cut to a food stamps program used by more than 1 million of its residents as U.S. lawmakers have chosen not to approve additional emergency disaster funding that would keep the program afloat

https://www.axios.com/puerto-rico-makes-cuts-food-stamps-program-absent-additional-disaster-relief-2a7aabad-71cf-4dcb-8296-9b2904fd4ada.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

453CHmWG?format=jpg&name=600x314

Another mismanaged program.

https://puertoriconewcomer.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/welfare-in-puerto-rico-snap-food-stamps-fraud/

Excerpt and the year is 2010

A USDA report issued in 2010 noted that it is “widely acknowledged” thatPuerto Rican food stamps recipients spend their cash allotment on items other than food. For three years the government has been aware of the taxpayer abuse, but has not opted to end the program until the fraud is corrected.

Puerto Rico

Trouble on Welfare Island (aptly named)

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2006/05/25/trouble-on-welfare-island

Ching ching, let that cash register ring!

0*VsblF7EacHxGWCns.jpg