TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1,737 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

This man says he went for a walk while hooked up to an IV drip as he was being treated at an Illinois hospital. Police arrested him on suspicion of stealing the medical equipment after a security guard called them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/us/illinois-man-with-iv-arrested/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-07-02T08%3A15%3A58

hZ2rYfpc?format=jpg&name=600x314

Walking as a hospital patient while black......

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jakeem said:

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh went on a racist rant about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s account of the “horrifying" conditions that are being endured by migrants detained on the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rush-limbaugh-migrants-toilet-water_n_5d1c52e3e4b07f6ca5860a0b?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

iVSw6CZ-?format=jpg&name=600x314

Just give me some of that old time racism.....

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 4:06 AM, jakeem said:

This man says he went for a walk while hooked up to an IV drip as he was being treated at an Illinois hospital. Police arrested him on suspicion of stealing the medical equipment after a security guard called them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/us/illinois-man-with-iv-arrested/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-07-02T08%3A15%3A58

hZ2rYfpc?format=jpg&name=600x314

 

Hospital officials freaked out and paniced, the iv cost about $10,000 :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 6:55 AM, jakeem said:

Washington, D.C.’s Fourth of July week will feature some of the pro-Trump right’s most extreme groups two days after the Trump-centric festivities

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-boys-and-allies-to-rally-in-dc-to-capitalize-on-trumpstravaganza?source=articles&via=twitter_page

V9qtT7RV?format=jpg&name=600x314

Hopefully at this rally there will not be a riot and a white supremacist will not murder an innocent young girl like what happened in Charlottesville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jakeem said:

And this comment reminds me of what Jesse Jackson said years ago about the Palestinians--

He compared them and how they were treated in the Middle East to the treatment of black Americans in the United States.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

On the eve of July 4th, Trump supporters gathered outside the White House and behaved just as he would have liked: They screamed at, cursed out and physically intimidated one of his critics.

In this case, it was a homeless man.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-supporters-july-4-washington-dc_n_5d1d09dbe4b01b834730ea4f

jLqByvI2?format=jpg&name=600x314

The faces of these trump supporters remind me of the white supremacists in Arkansas who stood outside Little Rock Central High School in 1957 :

name-calling, taunting  harassing and physically threatening the black students who were integrating that school.

In over 60 years we still have these public white supremacist faces of hate.

This one homeless black man was being attacked by these white trump supporters and a black woman who was a bystander walked up to try and help him.

This whole incident is simply deplorable.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith BoykinVerified account @keithboykin 22h22 hours ago

 
 

Reporter @EmmaVigeland: Do you think Joe Biden is a socialist?

Trump supporter: Yes.

Reporter: How would you define socialism?

 

Trump supporter: I define socialism as when you bring down your own country, your own race, because he’s not black. 🎥@TheYoungTurks

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1147301694952411136

:blink:

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

 

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

:blink:

 

8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Cynthia Conlin @ConlinLaw 13m13 minutes ago

 
 
Replying to @realDonaldTrump

This thread is reminiscent of 1930s Germany, which is frankly quite frightening.

It’s replete with misinformation, propaganda, and hatred of non-whites.

Its socially irresponsible and utterly unacceptable in a civilized nation.

------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth WarrenVerified account @ewarren 3h3 hours ago

 

Let’s be clear about what this vile comment is:

A racist and xenophobic attack on Democratic congresswomen.

This *is* their country, regardless of whether or not Trump realizes it. They should be treated with respect.

As president, I’ll make sure of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 5h5 hours ago

 

Hey @realDonaldTrump: What makes America exceptional is we are a nation of immigrants.

As an immigrant who served on active duty, I am appalled you are telling us to "go back."

I'm not going back. America is our home.

And I will still be in Congress after your racist **** leaves.

trump's mother, Mary Anne MacLeod came to the United States from Scotland in 1930.

I wonder today, how many Americans wish this nice Scottish lady would have just stayed in Scotland and helped to improve her own country?

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senator Ted Cruz Slams Tennessee Day To Honor **** Grand Wizard: ‘This Is WRONG’

Nathan Bedford Forrest Day recognizes a man known as a Confederate general, slave trader and white supremacist leader.

 

Echoing Cruz’s criticism, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) called on the governor

to bring the state “into the 21st century” rather than “backsliding into the 19th.” .....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-tennessee-nathan-bedford-forrest-day_n_5d2a25d2e4b0bd7d1e1d4899?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Is a Racist. If You Still Support Him, So Are You.

The president keeps baring his ****, and the people talking about his clothing as he does are part of the problem.

"....... This is not a new revelation, nor is it something that we can continue to ignore as though it were coming from a drunk uncle at the family barbecue. Bigotry is dangerous and, in the hands of our nation’s commander in chief, it can mean an inability to recognize individual humanity and a failure to act with moral authority in times of crisis. ......

this is not the first time Trump has shamelessly revealed himself in public.

His “Make America Great Again” campaign was always about catering to our lowest common denominator—a hateful sector of the electorate that believes themselves culturally superior by skin color and religion.  ......

 

He pledged to send investigators out to prove the nation’s 44th president was not born in the United States. He later derided immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries, calling those foreign nations “**** hole countries.” He once said immigrants from Haiti all “have AIDS” and that Nigerian immigrants would never “go back to their huts.”

In Trump’s mind, a judge’s Mexican heritage made him incapable of ruling fairly in a civil fraud case against one of his companies and he believes “laziness is a trait in blacks.”.........

His words Sunday were not racially “charged,” “fueled,” or “tinged.” They were unapologetically racist. 

And, if you support him, so are you. "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-a-racist-if-you-still-support-him-so-are-you?ref=scroll

:(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Senator Ted Cruz Slams Tennessee Day To Honor **** Grand Wizard: ‘This Is WRONG’

Nathan Bedford Forrest Day recognizes a man known as a Confederate general, slave trader and white supremacist leader.

 

Echoing Cruz’s criticism, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) called on the governor

to bring the state “into the 21st century” rather than “backsliding into the 19th.” .....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-tennessee-nathan-bedford-forrest-day_n_5d2a25d2e4b0bd7d1e1d4899?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

 

 

They could always just have Confederate Memorial Day, which is observed on June 3 in TN, but not sure it is an actual state holiday.  June 3 is also Jefferson Davis' birthday.  S.C. used to have Robert E. Lee's and Jefferson Davis' birthdays as state holidays as well as Confederate Memorial Day (May 10).  When they were under pressure to have a Martin Luther King Day, the compromise was to have CMD and MLKD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex ThompsonVerified account @AlxThomp

 

Fox and Friends hosts laugh about Trump’s tweets this am

telling Reps. AOC, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib to “go back” to the "crime infested places from which they came"

 ....... "Someone's feeling very comedic today."

She then argued that Trump was "making an important point." ......

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-host-laughs-trump-racist-tweet-important-point-1449172?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

=================================

 

- Basically the old 'Love It or Leave It' BS..... :rolleyes:<_<

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Alex ThompsonVerified account @AlxThomp

 

Fox and Friends hosts laugh about Trump’s tweets this am

telling Reps. AOC, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib to “go back” to the "crime infested places from which they came"

I wonder if Trump was thinking the districts/cities they represent are crime infested?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I wonder if Trump was thinking the districts/cities they represent are crime infested?

This was his tweet, you decide:

"So interesting to see 'progressive' Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.

"These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On this one, I'm afraid Trump did a very shrewd thing. He created a situation in which Democrats have to rush to defend the four women, thus exacerbating the division within the Democratic Party and making it harder for Nancy Pelosi to maintain discipline. This is the kind of thing that will lead to a Trump victory in 2020, I fear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Swithin said:

On this one, I'm afraid Trump did a very shrewd thing. He created a situation in which Democrats have to rush to defend the four women, thus exacerbating the division within the Democratic Party and making it harder for Nancy Pelosi to maintain discipline. This is the kind of thing that will lead to a Trump victory in 2020, I fear.

I don't agree at all. By defending all of the Democrats in the House against  racist rhetoric and hyperbole, it shows that The Speaker is a leader first last and always with a thick skin.

The divisions that were there are weakened by her immediate actions of support for all House Democrats against these kinds of white supremacist attacks.

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't agree at all. By defending all of the Democrats in the House against  racist rhetoric and hyperbole, it shows that The Speaker is a leader first last and always with a thick skin.

The divisions that were there are weakened by her immediate actions of support for all House Democrats against these kinds of white supremacist attacks.

 

I hope you are right. What I sort of meant was that by allying Pelosi with the four, it ties her to their politics in the eyes of non-Democrats. Her initial actions (and I admire Pelosi very much) were an attempt to distance herself, and the mainstream of the party, from the four women; and that has been blurred now.

Yes, Ms. Pelosi is definitely a leader with a thick skin. I think her initial action was an act of supreme political savvy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

This was his tweet, you decide:

"So interesting to see 'progressive' Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.

"These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

Thank You!  First time I saw the complete tweet on any site was when I read my local newspaper this morning.  Your response adds to that.  He meant foreign countries, sort of like the one his wife came from.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Anthony ScaramucciVerified account @Scaramucci 7h7 hours ago

 
 

Would @realDonaldTrump ever tell a WHITE immigrant - whether 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th+ generation

- to "go back to your country"?

No. That's why the comments were racist and unacceptable.

America is a nation of immigrants founded on the ideals of free thought and free speech. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

The mooch is a proud Italian American.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 6:05 PM, Swithin said:

On this one, I'm afraid Trump did a very shrewd thing. He created a situation in which Democrats have to rush to defend the four women, thus exacerbating the division within the Democratic Party and making it harder for Nancy Pelosi to maintain discipline. This is the kind of thing that will lead to a Trump victory in 2020, I fear.

I do not fear such a great joy. I utterly reject the nonsense that if I support trump I am a racist. I do not believe he is one either. it is a very short-sighted mistake to defend the squad because they are anti-Israel and pro-terrorist.

it is not anti-Semitic to be anti-Israel but it is rather anti-American to be anti-Israel. deplorables have long understood that

in a few days these four women will again be disrespecting Nancy Pelosi which is very funny.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us