Sign in to follow this  
Dialogfan

Most "Adorably Cute" Actresses?

32 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

image.jpeg.bddf281af79bdf7d7d9c8296800de4fd.jpeg

I believe you're on to something here;   to me 'cute' isn't the same as beautiful or sexy,  especially in the context of actors.    Otherwise this just becomes another thread where people post pictures of Rita,  Ava,  Gene,  etc...   (not that there is anything wrong with that!).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

Jean Harlow  cute adult actress

american-actress-jean-harlow-circa-1930-

Jean Harlow was sexy and beautiful, so was Joan Blondell, and Joan Crawford. They were attractive in a sort of raunchy, sexy way, where the girls who were beautiful in that sweet, adorable way were Ruby Keeler, Gloria Stuart, Kathryn Grayson, Maureen O'Sullivan, Thelma Todd, and many others. They were the type of women most common back in the golden days. They were the best women for a romantic, long term relationship, possibly marriage. There was definitely a higher percentage of those kind of women in the 1930s and 1940s than there are today. As witn beauties like Ginger Rogers and Judy Garland were kind of both, like they had some sexiness and some adorability in their beauty. But, every actress I've just named were certainly beautiful.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SullivansTravels said:

Jean Porter

Judy Strangis

Butterfly McQueen

Jean Porter was another adorable girl, I loved the scene in beautiful Esther Williams' "Bathing beauty" where she and Red Skelton preform this cute quirky number "You take the high note, and I'll take the low note". That number and Esther's water ballet to "Die Fladermous overture" in  that film both added more greatness to it (the comedy by Red Skelton also helped make that film great).