Sign in to follow this  
katiekat

Father Goose-very funny

9 posts in this topic

One of the funniest movies, in my opinion, is Father Goose. I've loved that movie since I was in diapers. Harry was my favorite. "The name's Harry!" and the whole scene with the "snake" and when Mr. Ecland gets Goody two-shoes drunk so that she wouldn't feel any pain and at least she'll be happy when she dies. It's just an all around great movie.

I agree, it's a very entertaining movie. It is one of my favorite Cary Grant roles. Trevor Howard and Leslie Caron provide perfect support and counter-points to Cary's character.

Yep, one of my all-time favorites, too. First saw it on late-night TV in the 70's, and was instantly hooked. Can't count how many times I've seen it. Grant is brilliant, the kids are adorable, and Leslie Caron is, well, Leslie Caron. :-)

Someone's gonna have to refresh my memory, cause I haven't seen it since I was about 8. What's it about?

NO SPOILER -

A confirmed alcoholic bachelor becomes responsible for the safekeeping

of a group of students and their governess in the South Seas during

WWII and is transformed by their interactions.

(Featuring Cary Grant and Leslie Caron)

This it truly a fabulous movie...one of my favorite parts in this movie is when that silly girl has a crush on Cary and she says something like, "you can kiss me now if you want" and then Cary scares her away pretending to sweep her off her feet....funny...huh, silly girl. This movie is very amusing.