Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

The Trump Tower Hillbillies : What in the World is the Matter with Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

509 posts in this topic

FUN READ..........

Tom NicholsVerified account @RadioFreeTom

So, I had an interesting run-in with some Trumpers today, and it's story worth telling. (Mute now if you're not into story time.) I was part of a panel at Harvard talking about the Helsinki summit. Afterwards, two middle-aged women had some, er, questions. /1..........

7:01 PM - 24 Jul 2018

Tom NicholsVerified account @RadioFreeTom 18h18 hours ago

Still, it was a reminder that facts and reason are useless. I'm pretty hard to talk over, and these ladies were like being caught between two North Korean televisions.

What they wanted, like most Trumpers, was to explain to you at length why Obama and Clinton are evil. /12

51 replies 566 retweets 4,030 likes

•  

I think it solidified for me that these types of Trumpers are just lost. They're not going to climb down, change their minds, listen to new information.

Trump really could shoot them on Fifth Avenue.

There's no point in discussion, because they don't *discuss*, they *preach*. /13

100 replies 831 retweets 5,390 likes

No rational or fact-based politics will reach these folks. I hate to say that, because I believe in the power of reason and facts. But they're gone.

Some of them are nice people, but dumb.

Some of them are just bad people. But rationality isn't going to change much here. /14x

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

I think it’s important to understand that even if incontrovertible proof of collusion and lawbreaking emerges, 97% of the folks who are still with Trump today will keep supporting him after the pivot to an explicit “collusion is good because it helped us win” message.

This translates into treason is good because it helped us to win.

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2018 at 2:06 PM, Princess of Tap said:

This translates into treason is good because it helped us to win.

What will NOT help 'us win' (I assume you meant Dems),  is to be so over the top and to take something like obstruction of justice or violation of campaign finance law and equate that to treason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

They would also fit right in with his supporters here.

6b56a639ae7e1f85514bd20d9a19521b-600-0-70-8-ScreenShot20180801at14351AM.jpg
Morning Mix
‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps from the Internet to the crowd at Trump’s ‘MAGA’ tour
The audience at Trump's rally Tuesday was awash with signs and T-shirts bearing the letter “Q,” which refers to the leader of an online conspiracy involving satanism, pedophilia and Jews.
By Isaac Stanley-Becker  •  Read more »

Still crazy after all these years

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jakeem said:

John Dean Retweeted Jim Acosta

Trump has gathered some ugly Americans, people once controversially described as “deplorables.” Yet this is clearly deplorable conduct. It is sad that Trump believes he wins by making frightened people feel more afraid. History will not treat him — or them — well!

These people were the way they are before trump ever showed up.

trump has just given them Focus but he's not responsible for their basic lack of humanity.

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Jay Bookman Retweeted Sean Hannity

Sean Hannity demonstrates all of the class and decency that we long knew he possesses.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Donald Trump Jr. said today's Democratic Party looks "awfully similar" to the Nazi platform in the 1930s

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/02/donald-trump-jr-democrats-nazis-platform-760569

CqC5tl-6?format=jpg&name=600x314

Junior has forgotten that it's Steve Bannon who is the white nationalist anti-Semitic leader in his father's White House Gang.

The trump boy also forgot that his dad said that neo-nazis are good people.

You can't have your wife and your mistress too--LOL

what I I meant to say was:

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

I believe a political revolution is underway in our great nation. Instead of conservative v liberal, the future will be progressive elites (think Woodrow Wilson, Margaret Sanger, ⁦@HillaryClinton⁩, Hitler, Soros) v freedom loving average Americans!

Believe it or not, this one actually heads up a so-called University.

We can be safe in assuming that the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs is not a part of that University but is a part of Princeton University-- where Woodrow Wilson was president before he was president of the United States.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

A supporter of Trump threatened “to shoot” CNN reporters Brian Stelter and Don Lemon during an on-air call with C-SPAN on Friday.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/c-span-cnn-brian-stelter-don-lemon_us_5b674492e4b0fd5c73dacf89?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

4zC9Irbi?format=jpg&name=600x314

The threatening caller said he didn't like the two CNN commentators calling trump supporters racist.

16 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Alan RappeportVerified account @arappeport 6h6 hours ago

STURGIS, S.D. —The founder of Bikers for Trump is mobilizing opposition to Harley-Davidson for making bikes abroad.

But he's selling Trump T-shirts made in Haiti, because American shirts are too expensive. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/business/us-bikers-harley-davidson.html 

DkUukNxXsAAa23_.jpg

It looks to me like most of these bikers don't wear helmets.

20 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Natural selection.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It's their head.

530wm

31 minutes ago, hamradio said:

It's their head.

530wm

But do they pay for health care insurance?   This is the main reason a mandatory helmet law was created; to reduce injuries that the injured do NOT pay for.

So if they don't have insurance,   then if they crash and get injured and they are at fault,  the E.R.  should refuse to treat them saying 'it's their head'!

5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Bill KristolVerified account @BillKristol 23m23 minutes ago

Not to sound all Marxist or anything--but did it occur to any of the bikers that

none of them would be admitted as members in a thousand years to the Golf Club

where they got to spend a half hour at the sufferance of and as props for the mighty oligarch?

;)

I admit I've never thought that Little Billy Kristol would be mistaken for a Marxist. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NBC NewsVerified account @NBCNews 18h18 hours ago

WATCH: Renee Elliott waited in the rain to vote for Donald Trump because she thought he would save her job.

Now, she’s being laid off.

-feeling betrayed.........'why would someone want to play with people's emotions & livelihoods like that?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/blue-collar-betrayal-carrier-workers-feel-forgotten-by-trump-1135544387636?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

• Haha 1

I wonder if the woman who had cancer and attributed Obamacare with saving her life but then voted for Trump anyway knowing that he was going to get rid of her healthcare stills feels the same way about him?  She had tears in her eyes when she acknowledged that she might die as a result of having no health coverage but she was voting for Trump for the good of the country.  Talk about braindead.