Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

The Trump Tower Hillbillies : What in the World is the Matter with Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

398 posts in this topic

They are a stubborn bunch and you don't debate them... or call them racists. Trump is not one either. He wants to add Ben Carson to his staff after all.

There's a word for that, same as for women in Trump's cabinet.  Will he respect them and let them really run their departments?  Very doubtful.

No one know what percentage of those that voted for Trump "made the mistake of buying the rhetoric and not the reality".

Based on those that I talked,  a majority did NOT buy the rhetoric.   E.g.  they knew his claim about building a wall and having Mexico pay for it was just rhetoric.    They just felt that the GOP stance on illegal immigration was more reasonable than the Dem 'open borders' stance.   

As for 'they' believe there is only right or left.    Based on the users of this forum that POV comes from both sides and especially now that Dems will have so little power at ALL levels of government in the USA.

Well, IMHO,  Both conservatives AND liberals haven't really "one-upped" the other in terms of silliness.  I of course, refer to those on either side who take IT( their idealology) and themselves WAY too seriously.

Sepiatone

no they are not crazy. they have just had a bellyful of progressive bureaucrats who have pontificated for decades about tolerance and inclusion while all the time slowly but surely shafting the historic moral and religious institutions of america and placing the blame on most white americans who are guiltless of victimizing no one.

they have had it up to here with the phony BS and they finally reacted...

TRUMP  :) 

Bureaucrats have little power to change people's minds on issues.

No group of bureaucrats was responsible for the acceptance of

gay rights and gay marriage. It was a slow and gradual process

over decades with many factors that influenced that change.

Bureaucrats had very little to do with it. Now they'll have to get

used to Donny's phony bs. That will be fun to watch. Build that

wall. Oops, never mind.

• Like 1

Bureaucrats have little power to change people's minds on issues.

No group of bureaucrats was responsible for the acceptance of

gay rights and gay marriage. It was a slow and gradual process

over decades with many factors that influenced that change.

Bureaucrats had very little to do with it. Now they'll have to get

used to Donny's phony bs. That will be fun to watch. Build that

wall. Oops, never mind.

The term "bureaucrats" has such a negative connotation that nothing good is reasonably attributed to such people..

The term "bureaucrats" has such a negative connotation that nothing good is reasonably attributed to such people..

Largest bureaucracy in US Government is the Dept. of Defense.

Somebody has to keep on pushing paper and doing other assorted

duties, but bureaucrats don't have much of an influence on social issues.

Largest bureaucracy in US Government is the Dept. of Defense.

good. firepower is gladdening to the patriotic heart. :)

good. firepower is gladdening to the patriotic heart. :)

Saaay, didn't Jesus Christ say somethin' along these lines once???

(...just askin' ya 'cause I hear you're an expert on all that "Judeo-Christian" stuff, ND) ;)

LOL

I just got back from a family vacation/Thanksgiving trip.  If there were hidden microphones throughout the house, I think it's safe to say that I'd be the only one invited as a guest speaker at the next NAACP convention!  Hearing the comments by other family members was pretty depressing, to say the least.  So many negative, blanket statements about non-white, non-Christian, and English-as-a-second language Americans were made.

Thoughts lead to talk.  Talk leads to action, and those actions can have bad consequences (as well as good ones).  I foresee a dark time coming in our nation's history, but I hope I'm wrong.  If I'm not, I hope it doesn't last too long. 

• Like 2

I just got back from a family vacation/Thanksgiving trip. If there were hidden microphones throughout the house, I think it's safe to say that I'd be the only one invited as a guest speaker at the next NAACP convention! Hearing the comments by other family members was pretty depressing, to say the least. So many negative, blanket statements about non-white, non-Christian, and English-as-a-second language Americans were made.

Thoughts lead to talk. Talk leads to action, and those actions can have bad consequences (as well as good ones). I foresee a dark time coming in our nation's history, but I hope I'm wrong. If I'm not, I hope it doesn't last too long.

You're extraordinary to come from the family that you come from. They always say, and I look at myself first when I say it, there's always at least one person in every family who is a little different. LOL

The History of the United States has contained all of these ugly thoughts, deeds and actions for centuries - - no amount of plastic surgery and superficial political correctness can change that. This is nothing new - - the only new part is that today it's going to be confronted head-on--

people are NOT going to take it lying down.

You're extraordinary to come from the family that you come from. They always say, and I look at myself first when I say it, there's always at least one person in every family who is a little different. LOL

The History of the United States has contained all of these ugly thoughts, deeds and actions for centuries - - no amount of plastic surgery and superficial political correctness can change that. This is nothing new - - the only new part is that today it's going to be confronted head-on--

people are NOT going to take it lying down.

It's ironic in a sense.  Compared to conservative people, I'm seen as a 'flaming liberal'.  Compared to liberal people, I'm too conservative for their tastes.  Maybe that makes me one of the last of the 'red-hot moderates'?  LOL

Actually, if you took my extended family and separated us from the "Conservative/disparaging remarks camp" compared to the "Liberal/rationalization sect", the conservatives would have enough people to play a football game with 11 players a side (offense and defense).  The liberals would have enough for a volleyball team (with a couple of subs on the bench)! :D

• Like 1

princess, the american people are not going to take it lying down and that is why trump won.

when the blue collar union people knew they were being written off by hillary clinton and the DNC...

they knew what to do. :)

you say that some of what trump will do and or allow won't be tolerated.

what will people do? RIOT???

then the police will step in...and donny supports the police. :D 

If some people are crazy, shouldn't Obamacare pay for the treatment?  That's the purpose of vaccines, fluoride, GMO's the globalist shove down our throats. Plus people are not reacting well to the destruction of living wage jobs / prosperity.

Crazy - NOT ONE BIT SURPRISED!

Straitjacket-rear.jpg

If some people are crazy, shouldn't Obamacare pay for the treatment?  That's the purpose of vaccines, fluoride, GMO's the globalist shove down our throats. Plus people are not reacting well to the destruction of living wage jobs / prosperity.

Crazy - NOT ONE BIT SURPRISED!

Yes,  you need to protect your precious bodily fluids from the globalist.    Oh, but wait all of those items you mention were mostly created by Americans.      

Who is the crazy one here.   Not a bit surprised.

I just got back from a family vacation/Thanksgiving trip.  If there were hidden microphones throughout the house, I think it's safe to say that I'd be the only one invited as a guest speaker at the next NAACP convention!  Hearing the comments by other family members was pretty depressing, to say the least.  So many negative, blanket statements about non-white, non-Christian, and English-as-a-second language Americans were made.

Thoughts lead to talk.  Talk leads to action, and those actions can have bad consequences (as well as good ones).  I foresee a dark time coming in our nation's history, but I hope I'm wrong.  If I'm not, I hope it doesn't last too long. 

Interesting.   I also had Thanksgiving with people more conservative than me,  but they were fairly specific about what they wanted to see.

Illegal immigrants deported but not just non-whites.    Vetting of Muslim immigrants that wish to visit from certain countries similar to what is done in Canada (which some would label as extreme vetting) including our so called ally Saudi Arabia.  

Now the liberals (well those more to the left of myself), did foresee dark times, but they were the ones that were vague.   This is similar to what conservatives would say related to Obama being elected;   end of the USA as we know it,  BUT,  when asked what is soooo bad,  couldn't answer.

Now it is the liberals that can't.

As a cynic I really don't see what is sooo bad about America.    But hey,  maybe I'm too self-centered because life is great for me.

Yes,  you need to protect your precious bodily fluids from the globalist.    Oh, but wait all of those items you mention were mostly created by Americans.      

Think I don't know that?

ef8a8e1cb48afcb588ec5f120ce37881.jpg

Now it is the liberals that can't.

As a cynic I really don't see what is sooo bad about America.    But hey,  maybe I'm too self-centered because life is great for me.

What "liberals" are you talking to that can't explain why they have reservations about Trump's presidency? Here are a few reasons:

bank deregulation which can/will lead to the same malfeasance we get every time we give the banks free reign

environmental deregulation with increased fracking & oil drilling done in our National parks and other federally protected areas, as well as total disregard for any and all climate change initiatives 

the proposed repeal of Obamacare (good idea) and replacing it with basically what we had before (bad idea)

the privatization of Medicare

the dissolution of Medicaid

the Supreme Court taking a hard right for the next generation with all that that entails (repeal of Roe v Wade, no progress on campaign finance reform, repeal of same-sex marriage [all of which have been quoted as hoped-for goals by members or proposed members of Trump's administration])

putting people in Cabinet positions who are avowedly antagonistic towards those departments

tax breaks for the wealthiest 1%, with tax increases for the middle class

All of these things have been stated on numerous occasions as being goals of Trump and/or his administration. None of these are "the sky is falling" rhetoric from the left.

So no, James, this isn't the same as Obama. 

• Like 3

What "liberals" are you talking to that can't explain why they have reservations about Trump's presidency? Here are a few reasons:

bank deregulation which can/will lead to the same malfeasance we get every time we give the banks free reign

environmental deregulation with increased fracking & oil drilling done in our National parks and other federally protected areas, as well as total disregard for any and all climate change initiatives 

the proposed repeal of Obamacare (good idea) and replacing it with basically what we had before (bad idea)

the privatization of Medicare

the dissolution of Medicaid

the Supreme Court taking a hard right for the next generation with all that that entails (repeal of Roe v Wade, no progress on campaign finance reform, repeal of same-sex marriage [all of which have been quoted as hoped-for goals by members or proposed members of Trump's administration])

putting people in Cabinet positions who are avowedly antagonistic towards those departments

tax breaks for the wealthiest 1%, with tax increases for the middle class

All of these things have been stated on numerous occasions as being goals of Trump and/or his administration. None of these are "the sky is falling" rhetoric from the left.

So no, James, this isn't the same as Obama. 

I was talking about my Thanksgiving and the people I talked to on that day.    Anyhow thanks for being specific.

Of course what Trump said and what he is able to actually do with a GOP Congress are vastly different.  We just need to wait and see.

So while waiting I would rather be happy instead of living in fear.   Oh,  and I'm in CA so even if the SC was to reverse itself on social issues it wouldn't impact women rights or gay rights.   So women and gays should move to CA.   We will have a lot of rental space once Trump deports all the illegal immigrants (another empty promises BTW).

• Like 2

Trump supporter at a Michael's store.  Just imagine if Trump had lost.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/29/woman-claims-discrimination-declares-and-i-voted-for-trump-so-there-in-viral-michaels-rant/?utm_term=.99fdd56c6c01&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

I was talking about my Thanksgiving and the people I talked to on that day.    Anyhow thanks for being specific.

Of course what Trump said and what he is able to actually do with a GOP Congress are vastly different.  We just need to wait and see.

So while waiting I would rather be happy instead of living in fear.   Oh,  and I'm in CA so even if the SC was to reverse itself on social issues it wouldn't impact women rights or gay rights.   So women and gays should move to CA.   We will have a lot of rental space once Trump deports all the illegal immigrants (another empty promises BTW).

Only time will tell what Trump is actually able to accomplish, if he really has an agenda at all.  I have known a lot of politicians whose goal was to get elected.  Once they were they did nothing.

His relationship with the GOP in Congress will be interesting.

As for limitations on social issues by the Supreme Court, they will have some effect even in CA.  Not as much as in the South, Midwest, Southwest, etc., but there will be some impact.

Only time will tell what Trump is actually able to accomplish, if he really has an agenda at all.  I have known a lot of politicians whose goal was to get elected.  Once they were they did nothing.

His relationship with the GOP in Congress will be interesting.

As for limitations on social issues by the Supreme Court, they will have some effect even in CA.  Not as much as in the South, Midwest, Southwest, etc., but there will be some impact.

Yes, there could be some impact SC decisions have on CA but overall they would be minor.   E.g. CA pols are already moving forward will a bill that makes Same-Sex-Marriage legal.  They are doing this just incase the SC reverses the ruling that invalidated Prop-8 (the CA amendment that banned SSM that voters passed in 2008). 

If Roe-V-Wade is overturned (something I find unlikely even with Trump appointees),  the legal status of abortion would be up to the states.   Like SSM,  CA would pass a law making abortion legal, days after any SC ruling.

The area where a conservative SC could make an impact relates to so called freedom of religion; e.g. the baker and the SSM wedding cake:   Here the SC could decide that a state does NOT have the legal right to sanction someone when they claim their actions are based on their religion.      But here in CA that type of ruling wouldn't have much of an actual (practical) impact since any baker that decided to NOT bake a cake would be boycotted and likely out of business.  

But the RCC would likely not have to offer a healthcare insurance plan that provides birth control to employees.     I believe that is the most significant item.

• Like 1

Trump supporter at a Michael's store.  Just imagine if Trump had lost.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/29/woman-claims-discrimination-declares-and-i-voted-for-trump-so-there-in-viral-michaels-rant/?utm_term=.99fdd56c6c01&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

Whaddaya mean here, Cid?! If Trump would have lost, this ugly incidence at that Michael's store would have never happened!

And ya know WHY?

BECAUSE, and such as has been suggested even HERE in this thread by a few people, she would have then felt "the forces of continued political correctness would have stifled her freedom to freely express her true thoughts and beliefs".

And so THEN she would have felt unduly compelled and against her will to KEEP HER IGNORANT MOUTH SHUT!

(...and thus no ugly incident would have ensued)

Sorry to revive this thread from page-2 here folks, but I just saw this on the news this evening.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/04/comet-ping-pong-fake-news-clinton-shots/94979994/

Yep, another case of some moron who's FIRST so damn clueless that he actually BELIEVED some fake news story about Hillary being involved in some kind of child slavery thing with this D.C. area pizza joint, but is ALSO somehow allowed to possess a freakin' GUN in order to "investigate" this story and thus fired off a shot in said pizza joint while his little "investigation" took place.

(...where oh where do all these morons come from, HUH?!)

• Like 1